This is a discussion on Virginia 2013 Legeslative session is open 4 good bills and 12 bad bills to date within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; [Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and “PVC” reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL] ...
[Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL
First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and “PVC” reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL]4 good bills and 12 bad bills submitted in the General Assembly so far... more to come
I am analyzing the gun bills that are being introduced. Bad ones so far include:
* Forcing gun show promoters to provide background checks on private sales (making gun shows impractical to have)
* Tightening emergency protective order disarmament,
* Penalty for failure to report a stolen gun quickly enough
* Civil liability for person whose gun is stolen and used in a crime
* Libraries to be allowed to ban guns
* Misdemeanor domestic violence conviction to disable a person from owning firearms
* Making it harder to find a course to satisfy the training requirement for a CHP
* Removes exception which allows unloaded guns stored in containers (or rifles/shotguns in a rack) in a motor vehicle on K-12 school property
* Allows open carry without a CHP in General Assembly builidings
* Allows teachers and specified other people to carry concealed in K-12 schools
* Allows employees of locksmiths or electronic security personnel to be able to carry on the job if they have a CHP
* Allows armed security guards at schools
Also Re: the Second Amendment & Gun Legislation, in general:VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL).2 good signs for us and bad signs for the gun grabbers
1. In ILLINOIS, one of the gun-control model states, the Illinois House has rejected a fast push to get a ban on AR-15s and other modern firearms! The fight isn't over, but this was a major setback for gun-banners in Illinois and even here in Virginia:
From Breitbart.com: Illinois Puts Gun Ban Bill on Hold
2. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell says gun control won't be considered until fiscal matters are settled
That will hopefully push of consideration of gun control bills out many months. The Connecticut shooting has already fallen almost completely off the map as emotions have settled down and reason and logic are setting in:
From myearthlink.net: EarthLink - U.S. News
VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.
VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org [http://www.vcdl.org/]
I hope Philip is right about good signs for us and bad signs for the antis -- both here in the current Virginia legislative session and nationwide.
Speaking of the Virginia session, check out Virginia Lobby Day -- Monday, January 21 and join us, if you can. There is no question in my mind that the fact we put over 1000 pro-freedom folk wearing GSL buttons & stickers into the legislative building the session following the Virginia Tech tragedy stopped the anti-freedom crowd from the cakewalk that they expected that year. They are gearing up to be there this year -- http://tinyurl.com/bfea89g We need to outnumber them -- big time.
FWI -- If you are looking to carpool or the like, folk are beginning set them up on VCDL Facebook http://tinyurl.com/c4lj83g & on opencarry.org
Last edited by DaveH; January 11th, 2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Added car pool comment
I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.
I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.
Veni, Vidi, Velcro