Congressman Mike Kelly (PA) reply

This is a discussion on Congressman Mike Kelly (PA) reply within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Got another repsonse from one of my reps. It's a bit better than Pat Toomey's. :) Dear William, Thank you for contacting me regarding gun ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BillK01

Thread: Congressman Mike Kelly (PA) reply

Got another repsonse from one of my reps. It's a bit better than Pat Toomey's. :)

Dear William,

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to contact me on this important issue.

The Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States is crucial to our freedoms. It protects law-abiding citizens from the government's infringement on our individual right to keep and bear arms. The Founding Fathers felt this right was important enough to make it part of the Bill of Rights, and held that the right to keep and bear arms was the personal and fundamental right of all citizens.

Legislation to ban firearms, ammunition, and firearms equipment is often proposed, but does little to limit violence. As we have seen in New York City and Washington, D.C., strict gun control policies do not lead to less violence or safer communities. Tragically, both cities have spent decades leading the nation in murders. I will continue to support legislation that protects the rights of law abiding Pennsylvanians to keep and bear arms. Few criminals actually purchase weapons legally; restricting lawful gun use is not the answer.

You may also be pleased to know I co-sponsored the following legislation in the 112th Congress: the National Right to Carry Reciprocity Act (H.R. 822); the BATFE Reform and Firearms Modernization Act (H.R. 1093); the Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act (H.R. 58); the Second Amendment Enforcement Act (H.R. 645); the Veterans' Heritage Firearms Act (H.R. 420); and the Collectable Firearms Protection Act (H.R. 615).

As the United States Congress considers legislative action related to gun control, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind and support the right of our citizens to lawfully keep and bear arms.

Again, thank you for expressing your thoughts regarding gun control. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my staff if I can be of assistance in the future. It is an honor and privilege to serve Western Pennsylvania in the United States Congress.

If you would like to hear more from me on this issue and others, please subscribe to my newsletter at Welcome to Congressman Mike Kelly | Congressman Mike Kelly.

Sincerely,

Mike Kelly
    Member of Congress
    pittypat21 likes this.

Nice

Administrator
    Yep...he get it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I would watch what he does not what he tells you in a letter but at least he doesnt come right out and tell you to shove it.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Hope he sticks to it. He says all the right things, but he is a politician.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Hope he sticks to it. He says all the right things, but he is a politician.
    Agreed, I don't care how much they say they get it... vote that you get it.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Sounds like he is on the right path. Lets hope he stays on that path and others follow him.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

I got the same cookie cutter letter. Except he addressed it to me. Lol.

Too many toys to list...wife might see it. 😁

Links