Michael Bennet Openly Opposes the Second Amendment - Page 3

Michael Bennet Openly Opposes the Second Amendment

This is a discussion on Michael Bennet Openly Opposes the Second Amendment within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Darrow75 Are any of you fellow Coloradans planning to be at the Capitol on Saturday? i'll be there.Even if I have to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Michael Bennet Openly Opposes the Second Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    Are any of you fellow Coloradans planning to be at the Capitol on Saturday?
    i'll be there.Even if I have to walk.
    Darrow75 likes this.

As an update and reminder to anyone planning to attend this rally in Denver. The organizers are asking that no one carry a firearm at the rally. They are being told by Denver PD and the State Patrol that anyone that is caught with a firearm on the State Capitol property will be arrested. The actual legality of this is questionable, but part of the reason for these rallies are to put forward the true face of American gun owners and clashes with the police at this event, whether legal or illegal on their end, will not do our cause any good. If you are going to attend, please respect the wishes of the rally organizers as well as not giving the police or media any reason to but us in a bad light. Thanks!

Little voice in the back of my head screaming TRAP!!!

Out of respect for the organizers and the law enforcement, I won't break any laws if they don't. The Gun Free zone of the state legislator/governor ends at the door, and it's not Federal property, or a school.

Open carry is illegal in the city of Denver. I can't speak for long guns - have not bothered to look that one up.

Dudly Brown (RMGO) involved in this event in any manner?

ETA - I'm more than a little annoyed at the organizers and the supposed threats from the LEO agencies. They [both parties] afraid that we are just a bunch of whack jobs and there will be a shoot out or some other outlandish behavior? One would think that 1k armed Colorado Gun Owners in a group outside the capitol and nothing happens would be a good thing.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

As an update and reminder to anyone planning to attend this rally in Denver. The organizers are asking that no one carry a firearm at the rally. They are being told by Denver PD and the State Patrol that anyone that is caught with a firearm on the State Capitol property will be arrested. The actual legality of this is questionable, but part of the reason for these rallies are to put forward the true face of American gun owners and clashes with the police at this event, whether legal or illegal on their end, will not do our cause any good. If you are going to attend, please respect the wishes of the rally organizers as well as not giving the police or media any reason to but us in a bad light. Thanks!

UPDATE - An update to my update. The organizers are now saying concealed carry is legal and allowed on the state Capitol grounds per the Colorado State Police Captain he is working with. Just remember that open carry is still illegal in Denver so printing or accidentally showing your goods could be a real bad thing...especially on the grounds of the Capitol. So carry concealed if you like...just be even more diligent than you usually are. Thanks!

UPDATE - An update to my update. The organizers are now saying concealed carry is legal and allowed on the state Capitol grounds per the Colorado State Police Captain he is working with. Just remember that open carry is still illegal in Denver so printing or accidentally showing your goods could be a real bad thing...especially on the grounds of the Capitol. So carry concealed if you like...just be even more diligent than you usually are. Thanks!
    Better.

As to printing, there is no wording in any of the laws regarding such details. Heck, even "concealed" is still up to the interpretation of the LEO on site.

2 officers in a patrol car, the driver will say that an untucked IWB is concealed, the passenger will say it's open, so the Judge gets to decide.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

Michael Bennet Openly Opposes the Second Amendment

I've decided that the best response to these cookie-cutter legislator responses is this:

Dear Senator/Congressman,

The two hardest things to get out of a person is 1) the truth, and 2) a straight yes or no answer.

The next time I vote (i promise you i will), and your name is on the ballot, I will be truthful and mark No by your name since you do no represent my interests.

With regards, soon to be your former constituent,

DG
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Better.

As to printing, there is no wording in any of the laws regarding such details. Heck, even "concealed" is still up to the interpretation of the LEO on site.

2 officers in a patrol car, the driver will say that an untucked IWB is concealed, the passenger will say it's open, so the Judge gets to decide.

I'm just reporting what the people who are organizing this are posting on their FaceBook page as I know a lot of people here aren't on FaceBook.. You're point about it being for a judge to decide IS the point. They don't want anything to go down to give an cause...just or unjust...for the cops to arrest anyone because if they are wrong it will be decided quietly in court long after that person and hence the rally is shown in a bad light by the media that are present.

I am not involved other than as a citizen who plans to attend and want to see it be successful. You're point about the organizers not trusting us to behave...you know as well as I do that there are nuts out there that want to be the squeaky wheel at any event. IMO we don't need the birthers, the 911 or Newtown conspire any theorists or any other of the general nut bags representing us at this or any of the other rally's. The media will demonize us as much as they can any way...we don't need to give them the ammo by shouting about Obama not being an American. That is not what this is about.

OK, now I know how the info is being passed on, and I am in turn passing it on to other forums where I have seen Denver mentioned.

I agree with you on all points. I just wanted to make sure that the people involved were getting their facts straight.

Denver is bitchy on the whole carry thing, and is probably one of three counties in the state that still do their best to drag their feet on the whole CC permit thing (still have to make an appointment to drop off application - still booked 2-3 months out as of 2 weeks ago, and still only 3 days a week, for 4 hours each day.). Pretty sure the new chief is not citizen carry friendly.

I would not advise bringing any dogs either. They seem to be bullet magnets of late.
    Darrow75 and Rock and Glock like this.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

OK, now I know how the info is being passed on, and I am in turn passing it on to other forums where I have seen Denver mentioned.

I agree with you on all points. I just wanted to make sure that the people involved were getting their facts straight.

Denver is bitchy on the whole carry thing, and is probably one of three counties in the state that still do their best to drag their feet on the whole CC permit thing (still have to make an appointment to drop off application - still booked 2-3 months out as of 2 weeks ago, and still only 3 days a week, for 4 hours each day.). Pretty sure the new chief is not citizen carry friendly.

I would not advise bringing any dogs either. They seem to be bullet magnets of late.
    I think that is what has made this thing so murky...the fact that it is in Denver...not to mention that these events have been thrown together in less than two weeks. I don't envy the headaches I am sure the people organziing this event have had to deal with over the last two weeks.

It looks like it is going to be a pretty big turnout. There are several speakers planned as well. I think that the information about people not being able to carry was going to keep a lot of people away. I'm glad they were able to get that worked out. It was causing a lot of drama.

That is why I asked if Dudley Brown with the RMGO - Rocky Mountain Gun Owners - was involved. He if anyone would be the key source for getting accurate info, and I'm sure he has contacts in the LEO community.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

That is why I asked if Dudley Brown with the RMGO - Rocky Mountain Gun Owners - was involved. He if anyone would be the key source for getting accurate info, and I'm sure he has contacts in the LEO community.
    I don't think he is...not directly anyway. It looks like this whole thing started as a national push on Facebook after nutnfancy's call to action and it went from there. Getting volunteer organizers to do the groundwork on a state level. The main contact is a guy named Don Dobyns. His contact info is on the Facebook page. I can post it or send it to you if you like. Their Facebook page is Guns Across America - Colorado.

No need. I don't know that I will be going - mainly because I don't want to be on any local or national news (background or pushy closeup). I am not one of those guys that just blends into the background no matter how hard I try, and I am not shaving my head and beard for this.

I'll continue to do my best to inflict paper cuts on politicians.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links