Michael Bennet Openly Opposes the Second Amendment

This is a discussion on Michael Bennet Openly Opposes the Second Amendment within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is the response to my last letter to Senator Michael Bennet calling him out on his previous non-answer response. He now clearly states that ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Michael Bennet Openly Opposes the Second Amendment

Here is the response to my last letter to Senator Michael Bennet calling him out on his previous non-answer response. He now clearly states that he doesn't represent my interests and while claiming to support the Second Amendment he seems to be willing to support Feinstein's unconstitutional legislation. Me thinks he needs to read the Second Amendment again if he truly thinks he supports it.

Dear Andrew:

Thank you for contacting me regarding Senator Feinstein's assault weapons ban proposal. I appreciate hearing from you.
    The numerous tragedies that our nation has had to face over the past year have been staggering. My own family, like all Americans, has been repeatedly shocked and deeply saddened by the violence we have witnessed, and my heart continues to be with the victims and their families. As Coloradans, we know how this type of tragedy can shake a community to its core and in the aftermath of these abhorrent acts our priority should be on supporting the survivors and families, and healing our communities.

We must have a real discussion in this country about finding ways to stop these senseless shootings. I believe a combination of improved access to mental health services, restrictions on certain weapons intended for the battlefield, and elimination of the gun show loophole are sensible steps that can protect our communities and particularly, our children. In Colorado, we support the right to bear arms and the ability of people to recreate, hunt, and protect their homes, and we want to keep the wrong weapons out the hands of the wrong people. I believe our state can come together to have a civil discussion that addresses these issues and as the President's taskforce releases its recommendations to prevent and reduce gun violence, we will ensure that Colorado's voices are heard.

Senator Dianne Feinstein of California plans to introduce a bill in the 113th Congress that will prohibit the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devices. The ban will include 120 specifically-named firearms and will apply to large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds. The bill will also require grandfathered weapons to be registered under the National Firearms Act and will include a background check of the owner and any future transferees. Although Senator Feinstein has not introduced the bill, she has indicated that she will do so at the start of the legislative session.

I look forward to reviewing Senator Feinstein's proposal, along with others brought before Senate. Let us all continue to keep the communities affected by these tragic acts in our thoughts and prayers.

I value the input of fellow Coloradans in considering the wide variety of important issues and legislative initiatives that come before the Senate. I hope you will continue to inform me of your thoughts and concerns.

For more information about my priorities as a U.S. Senator, I invite you to visit my website at Michael Bennet - United States Senator for Colorado : Home. Again, thank you for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Michael F. Bennet
    United States Senator
    zzclancy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

He was ok until he got to supporting Queen DiFi. The part about military weapons is already covered by the NFA and there is room to improve and enforce the existing laws. After this he blew it. May he be looking for a new job soon.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    He was ok until he got to supporting Queen DiFi. The part about military weapons is already covered by the NFA and there is room to improve and enforce the existing laws. After this he blew it. May he be looking for a new job soon.
    I believe he meant AR 15s by saying "weapons meant for the battlefield".
    zzclancy likes this.

People are uneducated on what they are proposing with this bans ... Does he really think that this will stop criminals?
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber View Post
    People are uneducated on what they are proposing with this bans ... Does he really think that this will stop criminals?
    I don't really think he cares. He has to SAY he supports the 2A but I think he is more interested in towing the party line than anything. Notice how the ones that oppose the 2A never site defense against tyranny as a reason they "support" it?
    Hoganbeg and zzclancy like this.

I got the same letter today. It will receive a response.
    Darrow75, zzclancy and surefire7 like this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I got the same letter today. It will receive a response.
    I sent one today saying if he continued to support these measures not only would I not vote for him but I would actively work to ensure he is not re-elected. Not that I voted for him before or was planning to in the future.

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Here, I ran the response across the Google BS-to-English Translator:

Dear Subject:

Thank you for contacting me regarding Senator Feinstein's assault weapons ban proposal, like I really care. I appreciate hearing from you, sort of like I appreciate a piece of gum being stuck to the bottom of my shoe. The numerous tragedies that our nation has had to face over the past year have been staggering, but very useful in the political sense. My own family, like all Americans, has a team of armed guards 24 hours a day. Oh, wait. That's not right. I meant to say that we have been repeatedly shocked and deeply saddened by the violence we have witnessed, all because of those evil assault rifles that I'll ban if I can, and my heart continues to be with the victims and their families. As Coloradans, we know how this type of tragedy can shake a community to its core for getting the gun control agenda rolling, and in the aftermath of these abhorrent acts our priority should be on supporting the survivors and families, healing our communities, and finally having a reasonable discussion about gun control.

We must have a real discussion in this country about finding ways to stop these senseless shootings by banning evil black rifles, because they scare me. I believe a combination of an all-out gun ban, restrictions on freedom of speech, and elimination of the constitution are sensible steps that can protect our communities and particularly, our children. Because we all know that a rifle capable of firing one whole shot per each trigger pull is unthinkable to have in civilian hands. In Colorado, we support the right to bear arms like we support pocket lint, and the ability of the people to bow, grovel, and stand at attention, and we want to keep the weapons out the hands of the law-abiding peons. I believe our state can come together to have an egregious stomping of your rights and as the President's taskforce releases its recommendations to prevent and reduce gun violence, we will ensure that Colorado's citizens are ultimately disarmed.

Senator Dianne Feinstein of California plans to introduce a bill in the 113th Congress that will prohibit the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of those horrid one-shot per trigger pull rifles and high-capacity (over three round) ammunition feeding devices. The ban will include 120 specifically-named firearms, none of which are any more potent than a hunting rifle, and will apply to large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more rounds than we feel you should be allowed. The bill will also require the law-abiding citizen to jump through hoops under the National Firearms Act and will include a background check, body cavity search by a guy named Moe, and the complete financial records of any future transferees. Although Senator Feinstein has not formed a cohesive sentence since 1967, she has indicated that she will do so at the start of the legislative session.

I look forward to reviewing Senator Feinstein's proposal, along with next week's episode of Grey's Anatomy. Let us all continue to keep the communities affected by these tragic acts in our thoughts, prayers, and watch lists.

I value the opinions of fellow Coloradans that happen to agree with me about the wide variety of important issues and legislative initiatives that come before the Senate. The rest can go suck on a lemon. I hope you will continue to inform me of your thoughts and concerns because I get $0.03467 per piece of paper at the local recyclers.

For more information about my priorities as a U.S. Senator, see Fantasia (Disney - 1940). I invite you to visit my website at Michael Bennet - United States Senator for Colorado : Home. Again, thank you for contacting me. I needed the laugh.

Sincerely,

Michael F. Bennet
    United States Senator
    Your Lord and Master
    OD*, Darrow75, Bark'n and 7 others like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Tremendous. I just want to find out how to Tweet it!
    zzclancy likes this.

Ya know as I read his letter a certain scene from Django came to mind; you know the one where he is hanging by his ankles???
    zzclancy likes this.

I HOPE that this Senator and others like him make the mistake of underestimating 'mom and pop' American when it comes to banning weapons. Hannity had several of the people from NY State that had their addresses, etc. listed by the Journal News. NONE of them look like James Yeager. I know appearance really doesn't matter, but when asked what the end result they thought was coming all of them said it would be a TOTAL ban on firearms at some point in the future. And when asked if they would defy Cuomo confiscation they said they would.
    zzclancy likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    Well played, Sir!

zzclancy and JayHawker45 like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Yup, Colorado has 4 of 7 on the hill fighting against us. The other three - reads both ways.

Even in state we have a long hard fight in store for us, and we may turn into another IL, NY, DC, where the entire area (district) is controlled by a major city.

To quote a phrase from "Game of Thrones" - Winter is coming.

What money I did have to spare went to RMGO. At least the states have a chance to flip the finger to the feds, though I doubt CO is going to push any fight against the feds on gun laws.
    Rock and Glock and zzclancy like this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Misguided FOOLS.......................Guns are not the issue. It’s the evil, mentally disturbed people. When a deranged person drives his car through a crowd of pedestrians are cars going away? Should he fill his pickup with barrels of fuel and crash into a stadium killing hundreds is the government going to prohibit pickups and barrels? On 911 why wasn’t aircraft taken from the hands of responsible Americans?........thousands died from this. Why wasn’t the federal government condemning airplanes as a assault weapon? The wanton acts were the result of people not the devises used. Totally incompetent, unable to see the forest for the tree in front of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links