Current bills in the 2013 legislation to watch
Let's keep this list updated as we progress through these times ahead.
This will be a quick reference to let your federal legislators know you oppose (at least I hope you oppose).
The goal here is No New Firearm Legislation...PERIOD
• H.R. 138 would ban transfer or possession of standard-capacity magazines, targeting those that hold more than 10 rounds.
• H.R. 141 would impose federal regulation of gun shows. This legislation would require background checks on all gun sales at guns shows, and impose addition federal regulations on these traditional local events.
• H.R. 142 would ban Internet or mail order ammunition purchases, require a federal license for all ammunition sellers and mandate reporting of "bulk" ammo purchases.
• H.R. 21 would ban all private firearms transfers.
- H.R. 34 is another restrictive private party firearm bill, including storage requirements, licensing and registration.
- H.R. 117 To provide for the mandatory licensing and registration of handguns
- H.R. 137 The purpose of this title is to extend the Brady Law background check procedures to all sales and transfers of firearms
If you know of any others that have hidden wording in them, let us know.
If you want to read about these bills in their current state - go here.