Armed teacher msnbc poll. HIT THIS!

This is a discussion on Armed teacher msnbc poll. HIT THIS! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ......IMO, once a civilian displays a gun especially in a school environment, the civil suits will follow....put a cop there behind a desk and be ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Armed teacher msnbc poll. HIT THIS!

Senior Moderator
    ......IMO, once a civilian displays a gun especially in a school environment, the civil suits will follow....put a cop there behind a desk and be done with it.
    That is a flawed thought process.

A civilian(teacher) displaying a gun would only do so in a life threatening situation...no different than you or me.

I know all of the cops around here that are school resource officers. It's not often that you catch one of them sitting behind a desk.
    FWIW...several of the SRO's have expressed a desire to me for other teachers to be armed. Every little bit helps.

In reality, just the possibility of having armed teachers would probably be enough to stop any incident before it got started.

Cowards dont like opposition. That is why they choose target rich environments such as "gun free" zones.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Voted NO......sorry but I'm not for teachers or janitors being armed in school......I am for having a LEO in school during school hours much like they do with the DARE programs......IMO, once a civilian displays a gun especially in a school environment, the civil suits will follow....put a cop there behind a desk and be done with it.
    Take out the one copy and there goes the armed defense. The concept of teachers being armed is you have multiple defenders. Potential bad guys would be less apt to try their shenanigans when they don't know who or how many might be armed.
    Bubbiesdad and tcox4freedom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The quiet truth here is that Utah has allowed this for quite a while and without incident.
    Texas has allowed it if the district approves it...one has, and without incident.

Doesn't mean I have to agree with it..........in our town, if a child scratches another with their finger nail, the parents are calling their lawyer...and I'm being serious.....may work in some parts of the country....here we have a LE professional....end of story.

Hotguns:

A civilian(teacher) displaying a gun would only do so in a life threatening situation...no different than you or me.

And you don't think if you pull a gun even in self defense your not gonna be sued in civil court ?
    Now That's A Flawed Thought Process.......Arkansas ain't New Jersey.

VIP Member
    Done. 70 + in favour.

RKM
    Doesn't mean I have to agree with it..........in our town, if a child scratches another with their finger nail, the parents are calling their lawyer...and I'm being serious.....may work in some parts of the country....here we have a LE professional....end of story.

Hotguns:

And you don't think if you pull a gun even in self defense your not gonna be sued in civil court ?
    Now That's A Flawed Thought Process.......Arkansas ain't New Jersey.
    I don't think he meant it in such a way that he, you or I won't be sued in civil court, but the fact that, if WE can be, what's the difference between a teacher, or you, or I being sued? There is no difference.

I'm 100% for armed teachers. It should be completely optional. I would be against a district issuing firearms to every teacher and forcing it upon them (not that that would happen). Carrying a firearm isn't for everybody. But I'm sure there are more than just a few teacher who would be very willing to carry a firearm while teaching.

Yes. I'm for allowing any responsible, law abiding person whether it's teachers, janitors, or even parents. It should be voluntary. And get rid of the "gun free zones".
    tcox4freedom and peckman28 like this.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

I bet the results of the poll are not mentioned on air.
    383 and darbo like this.

Voted NO......sorry but I'm not for teachers or janitors being armed in school......I am for having a LEO in school during school hours much like they do with the DARE programs......IMO, once a civilian displays a gun especially in a school environment, the civil suits will follow....put a cop there behind a desk and be done with it.
    You mean Cities where they are cutting back on Street LEO's because they don't have the money,there was an LEO at Columbine and he didn't prevent nothing,the BG's planned for it,when you know if and who is armed that would be the first person you take out,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Re: Armed teacher msnbc poll. HIT THIS!

Hit yes and it's 70% to 29% @9800 votes.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Armed teacher msnbc poll. HIT THIS!

Absolutely yes. Most teachers probably don't need to carry, but why deny them that right if they want to? I have a buddy that teaches and coaches and he is outstanding with his Glock 19. Why should he be denied the right to carry it on the job?
    tcox4freedom likes this.

A number of properly trained and qualified teachers, janitors, and parent volunteers will be just as effective, maybe more so, than a sole LEO. And they can be granted the same legal protections as cops get. It works in Israel. It could work here.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Absolutely.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Done

As to civil suits in such situations what can be done is use the law many states have for concealed carry permit holders, if the shoot is justified one is barred from filing a civil suit. As to law suits against the school/government entity give them the same immunity afforded to law enforcement.

I personally do not believe armed school security should be law enforcement since they are sworn to enforce all laws broken. These officers are better served out in the public not holed up in a school. My suggestion was to hire the many military personnel that no longer have a job due to serving their country. They would be employed(hired and fired) by the schools and paid by the government(via Homeland Security, BATF, or other agency). They would have to undergo screening and firearms training/shooting and periodic appropriate refresher training. Before you say where is the money coming from, they can take some money from the War on Drugs since that isn't working, soon they troops will be coming home saving 110 billion a year so there is another resource to tap. With some further tweaking with my suggestion its a completely viable idea to keep America's children safe.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member
    Yes 70.56% (6,949 votes)
    No 29.44% (2,900 votes)
    Total Votes: 9,849

Should've been done long ago.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links