Joe Biden's Political Posturing on Gun Background Checks and Magazine Bans

This is a discussion on Joe Biden's Political Posturing on Gun Background Checks and Magazine Bans within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Joe Biden's Political Posturing on Gun Background Checks and Magazine Bans - Hit & Run : Reason.com...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By tony1990
  • 3 Post By SpringerXD
  • 1 Post By Frogman

Thread: Joe Biden's Political Posturing on Gun Background Checks and Magazine Bans

Joe Biden's Political Posturing on Gun Background Checks and Magazine Bans

2. Remove Ads

I continue to be amazed that intelligent people actually believe that restricting the sale of "high capacity" magazines will reduce gun violence. How could a rational, mentally-balanced adult think that?

IMO..............he's a Shmuck.

I would not consider Joe Biden to be intelligent, but I agree 100% with your statement.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    I continue to be amazed that intelligent people actually believe that restricting the sale of "high capacity" magazines will reduce gun violence. How could a rational, mentally-balanced adult think that?
    I'm going to let you in on a poorly-kept "secret." They DON'T believe it any more than we do. I used to struggle to understand the very thing you're saying until it finally sunk in with me. They don't believe it at all, but they have an agenda: to ultimately disarm the USA.

What I just said primarily applies only to people at the top. There are plenty of media-brainwashed lemmings running around who actually believe that banning guns would make everyone safer because CNN said so. That's the reason why you can't argue with a leftist; their minds are made up and they don't want to be confused with actual logic.

So you can take all of the statistics, case studies, constitutional arguments, and any other form of evidence and flush it down the toilet with some people. They won't listen.

And..... let me toss out a hypothetical scenario. Let's say that they somehow actually succeed in getting the "assault" rifles out of the hands of the law-abiding. They finally win this game and the law-abiding turn them in through whatever means of coercion are used. So now there are zero "assault" rifles in the hands of respectable citizens. For years, many of the gun-grabbers have claimed that this is all they want, to get these "scary" rifles off the street. They claimed the same thing back in the 1970's about "Saturday Night Specials." They obviously didn't stop there.

This is when their true colors will become evident and the next step begins. It might be handguns, it might be shotguns, it might be any possible variation. They might attack concealed carry rights and claim to "only" want to ban concealable handguns with less than a 10-inch barrel. Or maybe all handguns that can hold more than 10 rounds, or six, or one. Then it'll be "scary" shotguns with militarized stocks, and "why does anyone need more than three rounds of 12-gauge ammunition at a time?"

The media blitz began in earnest about 20 years ago and hasn't let up much. They're using the media to show the brain-dead populace that anyone who would want to own a gun has mental issues, aggression, or whatever the flavor of the week might be. So yeah, there really are misguided people who believe the "company line," but the pushers of the gun control agenda know better.
    samh, dling and zacii like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”

Thomas Paine said that 300 years ago!

Jim
    BugDude likes this.

Because "officials" said is was so. (Which is largely where the "sheep" moniker comes from, for much of the bipedal population, at least in the contemporary USA.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    IMO..............he's a Shmuck.
    Is that another word for "moron"?

Joe is such a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I'm going to let you in on a poorly-kept "secret." They DON'T believe it any more than we do. I used to struggle to understand the very thing you're saying until it finally sunk in with me. They don't believe it at all, but they have an agenda: to ultimately disarm the USA.

What I just said primarily applies only to people at the top. There are plenty of media-brainwashed lemmings running around who actually believe that banning guns would make everyone safer because CNN said so. That's the reason why you can't argue with a leftist; their minds are made up and they don't want to be confused with actual logic.

So you can take all of the statistics, case studies, constitutional arguments, and any other form of evidence and flush it down the toilet with some people. They won't listen.

And..... let me toss out a hypothetical scenario. Let's say that they somehow actually succeed in getting the "assault" rifles out of the hands of the law-abiding. They finally win this game and the law-abiding turn them in through whatever means of coercion are used. So now there are zero "assault" rifles in the hands of respectable citizens. For years, many of the gun-grabbers have claimed that this is all they want, to get these "scary" rifles off the street. They claimed the same thing back in the 1970's about "Saturday Night Specials." They obviously didn't stop there.

This is when their true colors will become evident and the next step begins. It might be handguns, it might be shotguns, it might be any possible variation. They might attack concealed carry rights and claim to "only" want to ban concealable handguns with less than a 10-inch barrel. Or maybe all handguns that can hold more than 10 rounds, or six, or one. Then it'll be "scary" shotguns with militarized stocks, and "why does anyone need more than three rounds of 12-gauge ammunition at a time?"

The media blitz began in earnest about 20 years ago and hasn't let up much. They're using the media to show the brain-dead populace that anyone who would want to own a gun has mental issues, aggression, or whatever the flavor of the week might be. So yeah, there really are misguided people who believe the "company line," but the pushers of the gun control agenda know better.
    Well said, I agree with you.

And, if they can successfully regulate around the 2nd Amendment thus neutering it; they can regulate the 4 elements of the 1st Amendment, for the greater good of the society of course.

Cause people don't even care if it helps or not. It sounds good and they all want to act like they care about the kids and all that.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

[QUOTE
    [/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right. One small correction. I believe Feinstein's bill will also ban Semi-automatic pistols with mags greater than ten rounds.

They ultimately want the populous totally disarmed.

"All the pigs are equal, just some pigs are more equal'. - Animal Farm

We are the ones that are NOT more equal.

Links