Let's Contact Our State Legislators

This is a discussion on Let's Contact Our State Legislators within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If you have not already contacted your Senators & Representatives in Washington, DC you should do it right now through the Ruger site. If you ...

Thread: Let's Contact Our State Legislators

Let's Contact Our State Legislators

If you have not already contacted your Senators & Representatives in Washington, DC you should do it right now through the Ruger site.

If you have, you should then set down and right each and every one of your local state legislators. TN has 33 Senate Districts and 99 House Districts. I just finished sending a letter to each and every one of them.

Here is what I sent (copied from somewhere else):

I was reading the bill Wyoming is proposing. (H.B. 0104). Amends W.S. 6-8-405. It
    basically tells the Federal Gov to butt out. Any law they pass that is unconstitutional
    and violates the Constitution, bill of rights, or the declaration of independence is null
    and void in their state.
    >
    > And any federal officer that comes into the state will be arrested and spend 1-5
    years in jail and face a fine.
    >
    > This covers all guns, high capacity magazines, firearm accessories, ammunition owned
    and or manufactured in the state as long as they don't leave the state.
    >
    > Texas, Oklahoma are following suite. Tennessee needs to do the same. The President
    is ignoring the congress and the Constitution.
    >
    > We need to protect ourselves from this tyranny and unlawful President.
    >
    > This is all about power and destroying our country. It has absolutely nothing to do
    with safety.
    >
    > Thank you for your concern and service to the state of Tennessee.
    >
    > Ron (last name)
    Spring City, TN

By the time I was finished, I had already received two replies. Here they are:

Ron,

As your state senator I will do all I can to protect our 2nd Amendment right. Tennessee
    will be considering legislation in the upcoming session that will attempt to stop any
    federal enforcement of gun bans.

I will support such legislation.

Mike (Bell)

Ron,
    The Wyoming bill is the blue print for my initiative. It is not just a 2nd amendment
    issue but a states right sovereignty issue.
    We will endeavor to persevere. Question; where in Tennessee are you from?
    Thanks
    Joe Carr

We all need to let them know how we feel.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

2. Remove Ads

Links