Breaking news: Attempted gun burglary tied to journal news gun maps - Page 2

Breaking news: Attempted gun burglary tied to journal news gun maps

This is a discussion on Breaking news: Attempted gun burglary tied to journal news gun maps within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I understand the outrage at the newspaper. What I don't understand is why there is no outrage at the government for mandating the registration in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Breaking news: Attempted gun burglary tied to journal news gun maps

I understand the outrage at the newspaper. What I don't understand is why there is no outrage at the government for mandating the registration in the first place. I don't understand what the laws are in this state, but the government seems to know where every gun is. Isn't that the real problem here? Wasn't it the Weimar Republic, Chzech and Polish governments that prepared the lists the Nazis later used to confiscate the guns? Shouldn't there be a lawsuit against the government for violating these people's civil rights?
    justintimeagain likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I would like to see the names and addresses of the owners of that liberal rag and their employees published and wheather or not they own a gun. And their working hours so the BG's will know when their not home. And if they don't have any guns, what other valuables might they have in their homes.
    justintimeagain likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

Breaking news: Attempted gun burglary tied to journal news gun maps

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    I would like to see the names and addresses of the owners of that liberal rag and their employees published and wheather or not they own a gun. And their working hours so the BG's will know when their not home. And if they don't have any guns, what other valuables might they have in their homes.
    They were published a day or two after the paper published the permit holders.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    This is one case where I'm actually pulling for the blood sucking ambulance chasing lawyers. Sock it to 'em!
    Yes, I feel the same way! Time to turn the tables on those turds.
    justintimeagain and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    Okay... I've been biting my tongue long enough about moronic comments like this.

Do I think it was bad taste to publish that info? Yes. But it was PUBLIC info to begin with. THAT is what should concern people most. THAT is what people should be working to remedy. Unfortunately, it took an experience like this to bring it to light.

Why am I offended by your comments? Because my wife is an employee at one of these "rags" owned by Gannett. She works hard, as do the majority of people who work for these "rags". They are all people too, just trying to do a job and do it well. There's a small percentage that don't, but that's not different than any other occupation out there. For you to suggest that the employees and their families be put at risk like that is just, well, moronic. Have some class.

There are a lot of responsible gun owners out there like myself who try to do the right thing by being part of the solution. Statements iike yours are simply more of the problem.
    blanco64 and suntzu like this.

I read somewhere that the journal had hired armed security,because of death threats.It pisses me off what they did,but,if they had printed my name,im not going to threaten someone's life because of that.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dldeuce View Post
    I understand the outrage at the newspaper. What I don't understand is why there is no outrage at the government for mandating the registration in the first place. I don't understand what the laws are in this state, but the government seems to know where every gun is. Isn't that the real problem here? Wasn't it the Weimar Republic, Chzech and Polish governments that prepared the lists the Nazis later used to confiscate the guns? Shouldn't there be a lawsuit against the government for violating these people's civil rights?
    It's a list of pistol permit holders. People with only long guns would not be on that list, no permit necessary unless you are a resident of NYC.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by Hiker View Post
    Okay... I've been biting my tongue long enough about moronic comments like this.

Do I think it was bad taste to publish that info? Yes. But it was PUBLIC info to begin with. THAT is what should concern people most. THAT is what people should be working to remedy. Unfortunately, it took an experience like this to bring it to light.

Why am I offended by your comments? Because my wife is an employee at one of these "rags" owned by Gannett. She works hard, as do the majority of people who work for these "rags". They are all people too, just trying to do a job and do it well. There's a small percentage that don't, but that's not different than any other occupation out there. For you to suggest that the employees and their families be put at risk like that is just, well, moronic. Have some class.

There are a lot of responsible gun owners out there like myself who try to do the right thing by being part of the solution. Statements iike yours are simply more of the problem.
    You are absolutely correct, but this is how they operate. This is how the left has always operated. They have no rules or standards. We do, and that is why we are always reacting to their asinine assaults on our liberties. We "play by the rules". They do not. That is why our society is where it is now. Not saying playing by their rules is the right choice, just making an observation. They are the bullies, but at the same time telling the sheep that we are the ones doing being a bully. They are the ones saying we have a war on women, but at the same time putting flyers out saying women should rely on government for 100% of their needs because they cannot take care of themselves. Again, unless we stand up to them and put them in their place, they will never take responsibility for their destruction actions.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiker View Post

I think you misunderstand: I believe that in general we are only upset with the Editor, the management, the reporter that were involved in the trampling of our right to privacy and who put those who are only exercising the rights under the constitution to own guns at personal risk. At second thought were probably upset with anybody that would read that rag, work for it, advertise in it, or use it to collect doggie poop in the kennel. Hope that puts you more at ease.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

House Identified on NY Paper's 'Gun Map' Burglarized

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    “The Affiliated Police Association of Westchester County Inc. is putting The Journal News on notice that we will hold [them] accountable for any incident where any of our over 25,000 members are involved with an incident where a criminal or ex-con presents themselves at the residence of one of our members as a result of their name being made public by [their] newspaper,” said Buckley.
    Bingo. Lawsuits and potential criminal culpability charges are in the wind. The police association isn't going to take any crap. Hopefully citizens will take the same basic stance, for residences divulged by those media idiots.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Well, it's 'game on' now...
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I still think the problem is that we've allowed the government to have this information. The government is the entity that has made this information public by releasing the information to the press.
    blanco64 likes this.

This is where the freedom of information act truely messed over thousands of people and put so many at harms way. Truely those responsable for allowing this lest to be posted should be held accountable as well as the federal government too for allowing THIS list for sure to be made public. BUT it's the federal government that doesn't care about it's people that it doesn't serve to protect till something happens cause we're too busy spending billions of money else where other than our own country except the poor to which obumer is playing robin hood and not a true patriot for our country. I hope that such lists aren't accessable anywhere else for anyone else to get ahold of.
    blanco64 likes this.

It's not just that the government released the information. The problem is that they collected it. The problem is that they were allowed that much power over the people. That is the outrage. The negative outcome was inevitable.
    blanco64 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gregnsc View Post
    I read somewhere that the journal had hired armed security,because of death threats.It pisses me off what they did,but,if they had printed my name,im not going to threaten someone's life because of that.
    I don't believe anyone from a noted liberal paper was threatened. Even the police said any reported threats made by the paper had no merit. You may also want to consider the truth is being twisted to seek public sympathy. It's been noted they haven't been taking calls so how have they been threatened. Same people that twist the truth for sensationalism and political gain. It's all show as their actions prove harmful.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links