The State Journal's Decision Makers Interview

This is a discussion on The State Journal's Decision Makers Interview within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is a job well done by our guy in a pro vs anti gun interview. One of if not the best I've seen, cool ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The State Journal's Decision Makers Interview

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar

The State Journal's Decision Makers Interview

This is a job well done by our guy in a pro vs anti gun interview. One of if not the best I've seen, cool head all the way through and great response.

The State Journal's Decision Makers Interview - YouTube
    RonM0710, Tzadik and mano3 like this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

2. Remove Ads

I thought Keith Morgan did a very good job. I am not sure I would have outed myself on TV though.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

That was awesome!!!!

Yea, he did a good job.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    He has the same hair problem I do. I've pulled it all out trying to talk rationally with liberals.

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Most of the media such as this interviewer are like the idol worshippers of ages past and now this age:

"They have mouths, but cannot speak, eyes, but they cannot see;"
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Came here to post this. Keith Morgan did extremely well, and remained composed while making is points heard. Well done!

great video, thanks for sharing
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrious

He still stepped in the "assault weapons" pile.

The interviewer obviously believes in the mantra that "assault weapons" includes the AR-15 semi-auto rifle. The guy being interviewed dispelled that myth early on, in the interview.

Trouble was, when the interviewer continued later by saying many of the recent attacks were committed using "assault" weapons, the guy agreed with him.

In the past few years, a couple of the SKS rifles have been used; a few instances of AR-15's being used occurred; but largely the attacks that happen occur with easily-concealed handguns (pistols, almost exclusively). Can't recall the last time I read that a full-auto battle rifle was used in a crime in the U.S. Though, it wouldn't surprise me that some of the cartel murderers who cross the southern border have done their thing with such rifles (though, I don't know).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

He was good, but as evidenced by the reaction of the interviewer ("That's actually scary... you're armed right now?") there is no changing the mindset of the antis.
    mano3 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    He still stepped in the "assault weapons" pile.

The interviewer obviously believes in the mantra that "assault weapons" includes the AR-15 semi-auto rifle. The guy being interviewed dispelled that myth early on, in the interview.

Trouble was, when the interviewer continued later by saying many of the recent attacks were committed using "assault" weapons, the guy agreed with him.

In the past few years, a couple of the SKS rifles have been used; a few instances of AR-15's being used occurred; but largely the attacks that happen occur with easily-concealed handguns (pistols, almost exclusively). Can't recall the last time I read that a full-auto battle rifle was used in a crime in the U.S. Though, it wouldn't surprise me that some of the cartel murderers who cross the southern border have done their thing with such rifles (though, I don't know).
    I think that was miscommunication... the guy being interviewed thought he meant AR's, but the interviewee is under the mistaken belief (as are many) that Aurora and Sandy Hook were perpetrated with full-auto weapons.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Great Interview

I liked the way the interviewee controlled the interview. He didn't let the interviewer get away with any of the normal setting of the stage for the interview. The interviewee challenged him right from the start.

My favorite part at 9:35 (Interviewee has just mentioned that he has a 9mm on him)
    Interviewer: You're armed, right now?
    Interviewee: Oh sure, you're not?

He kind of freaked the interviewer out.

The only problem was that the interviewee did not distinguish between "assault rifles" (aka: machine guns) and AR-15s and AK-47s available to us today. It could be that he just had too much to challenge and did not want to bring up yet another issue that they didn't have time for.

Mr. Morgan did an excellent job.

It's a good thing that the interviewer had on brown pants when he found out that his interviewee was armed...those stains are then camouflaged.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great interview - Mr. Morgan is to be commended for not accepting the host's preconceived notions from the start.

I was waiting for Morgan to say the Founders never envisioned radio, television or the Internet!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Mr. Morgan did an excellent job.

It's a good thing that the interviewer had on brown pants when he found out that his interviewee was armed...those stains are then camouflaged.
    Amen! Did you see his expression change when Morgan said he was armed? Took a few seconds to sink in, but he sure got worried!
    RETSUPT99 and mano3 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links