Speaking of VCDL - Kieth Morgan hands anti-gun TV host his rear. - Page 2

Speaking of VCDL - Kieth Morgan hands anti-gun TV host his rear.

This is a discussion on Speaking of VCDL - Kieth Morgan hands anti-gun TV host his rear. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; that was good...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Speaking of VCDL - Kieth Morgan hands anti-gun TV host his rear.

that was good
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I would remind this commentator that Mexico is a gun free nation. Hows it working for them?????

Rich

mrm
    wow
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Quote Originally Posted by TheConcealer View Post
    That host... what an idiot.

He wasn't any more an idiot than any other anti-Second Amendment person. In fact I think he did a pretty good job at bringing up the anti's strongest points. The problem is that emotionally based psudo-logical arguements are no match for logic and fact. Morgan did a brilliant job in presenting the facts.

psudo-logical: Something that might seem to make sense based on your world view, but has no basis in fact. ie. more guns = more murders

Too bad this was only a local station/program...it would have been great if a discussion like this had happened on one of the networks!
    ErnieNWillis likes this.

I think my favorite part was actually when he corrected the host about the use of the term "assault rifle." I think I'll see if the term "gun control ZEALOT" can catch on.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Both sides in this discussion did horribly.

No really.

Host said that assault weapons were used in recent shootings.... After.... YES, AFTER Kieth gave him the proper definition of an assault rifle as being an automatic weapon... and Keith then agreed with him that assault weapons were used in recent shootings...

Assault weapons were not used in recent shootings. Semi automatic weapons have been used in recent shootings.

The host went on to step all over himself with deflections and grenade launchers, and Nukes and projections of the unstable people out there that might get hold of these weapons...

Keith's argument about the duty of police to protect the individual was not made... actually, the host made it for him... police are here to chase and apprehend criminals, and protect... according to the host... Keith should have agreed with the first part of the statement... chase and apprehend... after the crime is committed... AFTER the police have drawn the chalk line around the body of the victim... the police job is to find out who done it.

I would love to see a rational debate. A real, honest, near-parliamentary debate with rules adhered to by both sides... I would love to see one...

It won't happen... who can yell the loudest... who can trample on their opponent's sentences... who can cut their opponent off...
    That's our "debate" nowadays... Who can buy the most tv time (or get it by using their position).
    Crowbait and rmxer85 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Wow. At least the host was honest: "I don't want my neighbor to have an AK-47." He confessed to the emotional nature of his position: "I don't want" rather than "I don't think" or "It is my considered position that..." I find that this comes out in discussions and debates when the host/opponent or whoever is losing ground. But honesty is good.

Now back to the show! I can't wait to see how it ends!

Wait, you're armed right now?

Of course I am. You're not?

Clean up on isle 2 please!
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

OD*
    I didn't think anybody could make Chucky Schumer look intelligent, but this interviewer did.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Both sides in this discussion did horribly.

No really.

Host said that assault weapons were used in recent shootings.... After.... YES, AFTER Kieth gave him the proper definition of an assault rifle as being an automatic weapon... and Keith then agreed with him that assault weapons were used in recent shootings...

Assault weapons were not used in recent shootings. Semi automatic weapons have been used in recent shootings.

The host went on to step all over himself with deflections and grenade launchers, and Nukes and projections of the unstable people out there that might get hold of these weapons...

Keith's argument about the duty of police to protect the individual was not made... actually, the host made it for him... police are here to chase and apprehend criminals, and protect... according to the host... Keith should have agreed with the first part of the statement... chase and apprehend... after the crime is committed... AFTER the police have drawn the chalk line around the body of the victim... the police job is to find out who done it.

I would love to see a rational debate. A real, honest, near-parliamentary debate with rules adhered to by both sides... I would love to see one...

It won't happen... who can yell the loudest... who can trample on their opponent's sentences... who can cut their opponent off...
    That's our "debate" nowadays... Who can buy the most tv time (or get it by using their position).
    I'll have to agree with you that Mr. Morgan didn't do as good as COULD have been done with regard to the things that you mentioned. But, I think that the arguments he did make; in all likely hood made the point for those that are on the fence about the 2A argument and may not have the knowledge and/or experience to know the difference in the details that you spoke of. I do not think however that a dyed in the wool gun grabber would have been convinced, and honestly, I'm not sure that they ever will be. As we have so often pointed out, their reasoning for gun control is FEAR and CONTROL. I really don't think that reasonable, fact based arguments will ever change their minds. I think that a lot of them unfortunately will have to be convinced by a loss of life close to them or a "close call" involving themselves. Where, a Sheepdog such as us protects them from a Wolf or Wolves. Then and only then, will they begin to see the light I'm afraid.

God Bless,

-Russell
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Crowbait View Post
    I'll have to agree with you that Mr. Morgan didn't do as good as COULD have been done with regard to the things that you mentioned. But, I think that the arguments he did make; in all likely hood made the point for those that are on the fence about the 2A argument and may not have the knowledge and/or experience to know the difference in the details that you spoke of. I do not think however that a dyed in the wool gun grabber would have been convinced, and honestly, I'm not sure that they ever will be. As we have so often pointed out, their reasoning for gun control is FEAR and CONTROL. I really don't think that reasonable, fact based arguments will ever change their minds. I think that a lot of them unfortunately will have to be convinced by a loss of life close to them or a "close call" involving themselves. Where, a Sheepdog such as us protects them from a Wolf or Wolves. Then and only then, will they begin to see the light I'm afraid.

God Bless,

-Russell
    Thanks, Russell... I do agree that their reasoning for gun control is irrational fear and control.

Which is one reason, I think a good, rational national debate on the subject to actually clarify the issue for the general public... on all three networks (at least).

By the way, I am not a sheepdog... It is not my job to protect the flock, or any individuals in it, save myself and my loved ones. Actually, it is not (as I already pointed out, and so did Keith) even the job of the policeman to protect individuals in the flock.

I am a citizen.... I am armed... And that is just one thing that distinguishes me from a subject.
    TX expat likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Excellent intelligent rebuttal from Mr. Morgan. Kudos to him for putting a calm and rational face to gun owners.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Thanks, Russell... I do agree that their reasoning for gun control is irrational fear and control.

Which is one reason, I think a good, rational national debate on the subject to actually clarify the issue for the general public... on all three networks (at least).

By the way, I am not a sheepdog... It is not my job to protect the flock, or any individuals in it, save myself and my loved ones. Actually, it is not (as I already pointed out, and so did Keith) even the job of the policeman to protect individuals in the flock.

I am a citizen.... I am armed... And that is just one thing that distinguishes me from a subject.
    Point taken and I completely agree with you. But, I'm sure you get my point too, where it would take an incident that directly impacted them in a positive way to change their minds. For example; you or I foiling an attempted robbery at the local Stop-N-Rob, because we felt that we or our loved ones were in danger. I'm just throwing this out there, not trying to be argumentative. Take care.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Glad Mr. Morgan kept his calm demeanor. +1,000
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links