AWB not likely ?

AWB not likely ?

This is a discussion on AWB not likely ? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have to wonder about this . Have been researching what I would call the original assault weapons ban which is the 1984 firearms owner ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Crowman
  • 2 Post By Sticks
  • 1 Post By Sticks

Thread: AWB not likely ?

AWB not likely ?

I have to wonder about this . Have been researching what I would call the original assault weapons ban which is the 1984 firearms owner protection act . It was introduced as an act to stop ATF abuses and certain elected officials installed the machinegun ban and other restrictions at a last minute deal . Do a search on this and read the wickipiedia explaination of it . There was a lot of hard feelings over this , the N.R.A took a bad rap for this and lost a lot of members for it , but it wasn't their fault , our elected,s slid this in at the last moment . I remember being at knob creek some years ago and a fellow there that run the show was urging N.R.A. Membership drive and asking fellow shooters to put aside the undeserved predjuices and join the fight against Clinton's AWB . It's been a long time , don't remember the fellows name or the exact content of the fellows speech , but it was an eye opener for an outsider of the class three world As to how this came about . As of now there are less than a couple hundred thousand legally owned machine guns in citizens hands . The search also helped me to understand why i hear there is no gun registration and technically there is , again a decieving bill . We definitely need to contact our reps , at this time it is the only hope we have , Kenneth

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    That is about the same way the left forced the recent approval of the NDAA, they added a military procurement bill to it.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I am starting to see articles on the internet claiming assault weapons ban will fail in Congress. I find this could be a dangerous attitude to have as it can create back off from our side and fighting the fight to the end. Thinking it will not pass is not a luxury we can afford.

One such article
    Gun groups predict assault weapons ban will fail in Congress - Yahoo! News
    zacii likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Machine guns have been banned since 1934 - the NFA. It was the ownership, transfer, etc of new machine guns that the '86 legislation made illegal.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

We are in the eye of the storm.

There are 7 bills that I know of in the house as we speak, and gods know how many more have hidden wording in them [unrelated to bill topic]. More are coming, including Feinstien's book of nasty.

We are in no way safe yet. The risk is just as great as it was 3 weeks ago.
    zacii and wmhawth like this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Re: AWB not likely ?

We can't let our guard down for a minute.

Even if we miraculously stall this legislation, at this time, the next shooting will escalate the controversy again.

We are at a disadvantage. If an AWB passes, the antis will look for more restrictions because the next incident will prove it wasn't enough. If it doesn't pass, the next incident will have them screaming for blood saying an AWB would've prevented it.

These people aren't interested in truth or freedom. Only in disarming the people to further the power of the state.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Funny how repealing a lot of these gun laws would have prevented these incidents.
    zacii likes this.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Seems the one thing the general public don't get is that an outlaw does not care what laws you have restricting his or anyone else's possession of weapons or his actions . He is an outlaw because he lives outside the law .
    Then you have the politicians that use this ignorance to further their agenda .
    How can the general public be that dumb ? Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth66 View Post
    How can the general public be that dumb ? Kenneth
    You want the reasons in alphabetical order, or by priority?
    Sticks

See also Sheep

This whole AWB crap is a joke. Any new laws won't prevent anything from happening if somebody is set to do harm. The anti guns just want to blame guns for every problem in society.

All the staunch conservative representatives are saying it probably won't pass.. McCain, et. al..
    News outlets (UPI, AP, Reuters) are spreading that word... Local and national networks and newsgroups (Gannet, et. al.) are picking it up.

DON'T BELIEVE IT FOR ONE MINUTE!

The easiest way to get any firearms restrictions passed is to tack them onto some other bill that has nothing to do with guns at all...

Remember how happy we were when we could start carrying in federal parks? That was tacked onto the Credit Card Holders Bill of Rights bill....

Watch for firearm restriction to be tacked to the debt ceiling bill, or to some tax lowering legislation... At least it wasn't tacked to the trillion dollar coin... that's dead...

Our vigilance must be more acute than our SA would be if we were made to walk through the worst neighborhoods in Chicago, LA, NYC, Detroit... not only without arms... but also "screaming death to gangbangers!" on a megaphone.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Sponsored Links