Reply from Senator Claire McCaskill

This is a discussion on Reply from Senator Claire McCaskill within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well. She said everything I expected. Sorry, but I"M SICK TO DEATH of hearing these people mention those children in CT. How about the 500 ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Reply from Senator Claire McCaskill

Well. She said everything I expected.

Sorry, but I"M SICK TO DEATH of hearing these people mention those children in CT. How about the 500 MURDERS in Chicago last year? Don't these politicians care about those people? Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation.

This is how I turn that against the people I've talked to face to face on this. ME: "So, your concern is only for the affluent, white children?" This usually ends the conversation.

The anti's I have encountered usually run from this. They really don't want to talk about race and strict gun laws that DO NOTHING. YES, I realize all the children in CT weren't white.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Where are these weapons that are, and I quote; "Weapons designed primarily for the use of soldiers to kill people in war are not used in hunting" where in the 2nd Amendment does it state anything about hunting. IMO, these are just words and are only intended to give the letter writer a warm fuzzy feeling, she will vote as she pleases and along her parties line, without regard to the wants/desires as expressed by the people of her state.

Sandy Hook, new tool for the anti gun groups and our left wing federal government to use in their quest to implement an AWB.
    8th ID likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member
    Yet another politician that knows little or nothing about the U.S. Constitution.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

"Appropriate firearms" is about the same thing as "common sense gun control". Who trusts Obama/Schumer/Bloomberg/etc. to define appropriate or common sense?

I remember when she was running for office in Jackson Co. in the late 80s/early 90s. She told the Sheriff's Patrol that she would work to solve some actual problems they were having. They supported her. As soon as she was elected....she stabbed them in the back. So much for her word.

I would never vote for this hack hag. She spent lots of money to get Akins as her Republican opponent. Her minions flooded the Republican Primary to get this guy in. She was not reelected honestly. We are stuck with her for another 6 years. She has always been and continues to be a Liberal/Progressive "lap dog".
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I'm pleased you wrote her a letter. Now you need some strong responses. Educate her that the 2nd Amendment is meant to keep tyrants like her in check!

“Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." Thomas Paine wrote that.

Jim
    preachertim likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Reply from Senator Claire McCaskill

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I remember when she was running for office in Jackson Co. in the late 80s/early 90s. She told the Sheriff's Patrol that she would work to solve some actual problems they were having. They supported her. As soon as she was elected....she stabbed them in the back. So much for her word.

I would never vote for this hack hag. She spent lots of money to get Akins as her Republican opponent. Her minions flooded the Republican Primary to get this guy in. She was not reelected honestly. We are stuck with her for another 6 years. She has always been and continues to be a Liberal/Progressive "lap dog".
    So,do you think the whole "secret sauce" thing was like some sort of hypnotism, or mind control device by the Democrats?

:what:
    preachertim likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    These people need to be voted out. These things need to be fresh in our mind the next time there is an election. We lose at the polls. If we lose em it is because we did not do enough to keep Obama out. We have known this was coming.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

They and she, Needs to spend more time on budget control, not gun control
    Spirit51 likes this.

RT
    Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    Not your fault. I'm thinking she would at least change it up a bit. But....
    Why? I would put money on her never actually laying eyes on the email sent by the OP. It was probably received by a member of her staff and, on top of that, not even read in its entirety. Maybe this is just me being cynical, but I can see that staffer reading: (1) just enough of the OP's email to verify which side of the issue he represents so they know which canned response to send and (2) just enough to grab a few key words so that they may be included in a short, "personalized" introduction to the canned response that makes it seem more like she actually reviewed the email herself and noted the concerns described within.
    Spirit51, ClutchSR9C and Crowbait like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    So,do you think the whole "secret sauce" thing was like some sort of hypnotism, or mind control device by the Democrats?

:what:
    Snow again. I didn't get your drift. What is it you are trying to say? "secret sauce"??? hypnotism???? Try being a little less cryptic if you want a response.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Here is the response from one of my reps that I emailed yesterday:

Russell,

Thank you for your interest in protecting our second amendment rights in Missouri. Legislation modeled after Wyoming is being considered. Thank you for your input and concern. It is being heard.

Warmest Regards,
    Rep. Pfautsch

She didn't specifically state what her actions are going to be but it's nice that they are actually considering legislation like Wyoming and Texas have passed. I just hope they really are and it's not just to get us to be quiet.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Those of you who jumped on the anti-Akin bandwagon can be proud of yourselves.
    ClutchSR9C likes this.

I am concerned about his language, "Even as I welcome this renewed debate, please know that I will continue to protect the Second Amendment Rights of law-abiding citizens to safely own and use appropriate firearms."

Who determines "appropriate firearms" ???
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Quote Originally Posted by doctorw View Post
    Those of you who jumped on the anti-Akin bandwagon can be proud of yourselves.
    I held my nose and voted for him, because I knew Claire would be MUCH, MUCH worse.
    ClutchSR9C likes this.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links