Want-2-Be King George 1st, aka Obama states he can do it by Executive Order

This is a discussion on Want-2-Be King George 1st, aka Obama states he can do it by Executive Order within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We'll it is time we start meeting at the Green Dragon Tavern! Here is the link: Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Want-2-Be King George 1st, aka Obama states he can do it by Executive Order

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

We'll it is time we start meeting at the Green Dragon Tavern!

Here is the link: Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action' | The Weekly Standard

Watch the video!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

How about some 'tracking' of the guns from Fast and Furious'? WHERE did those guns come from?
    afojc, Betty and ErnieNWillis like this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

I would expect this topic to be very active. Thanks for starting it OP.

The mouse that roared thinks he can use Executive Orders to go around both congress and the constitution. His arrogance is world record setting. Are the leaders in all three branches of government so ignorant that they think they can make this happen?

The November/December sales of guns in the USA was sufficient to arm both the armies of China AND India. That encourages me.
    Eagleks and ErnieNWillis like this.

VIP Member
    That guy has no business pretending that he has any idea what "common sense" means.
    8th ID, Exacto, Bad Bob and 6 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Behind every blade of grass...
    Exacto, Betty, sixgun and 2 others like this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    That investigation is history, now we have what they intended with the failed Fast an Furious program, Sandy Hook. Yes, they are using the Sandy Hook incident as a well oiled machine as a introduction to any and all public news releases....from the president down to the most junior democrat state representative.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    The November/December sales of guns in the USA was sufficient to arm both the armies of China AND India. That encourages me.
    I like that!

It has been said that the Japanese didn't invade during WWII because we would have had "a gun behind every blade of grass".

The American Revolution actually started when the British tried to arrest John Adams and confiscate the weapons stored at Lexington

Oh well...
    atctimmy and afojc like this.

The MONEY people have spent since the School shooting, on new Firearms, and Ammo, have been noticed by the Politicians. Our purchases , and the volume of said purchases, are showing how the public feels about any new Restrictions.
    MACC12 and Eagleks like this.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    The American Revolution actually started when the British tried to arrest John Adams and confiscate the weapons stored at Lexington

Oh well...
    As a note, the founding father planned their Revolution within the walls of the Green Dragon Travern in Boston, Mass.!

I'm not a drinking man, but I'm looking for the Green Dragon Travern in this state!
    Last edited by onacoma; January 14th, 2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Correct SP

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HAWKEYE50 View Post
    The MONEY people have spent since the School shooting, on new Firearms, and Ammo, have been noticed by the Politicians. Our purchases , and the volume of said purchases, are showing how the public feels about any new Restrictions.
    Don't forget about the NRA memberships that have skyrocketed.
    RKflorida and afojc like this.
    NRA Life Member

I just watched a news conference in which our President bloviated about the number of issues (not pieces of legislation) he had "signed into law". I understand the purpose & benefit of Executive Order, yet aren't there ANY BOUNDARIES?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

"Obama said that some measures, like the lifting of restrictions on how the federal government can collect data about guns, can be accomplished by executive order, while others will require legislation. "

So what this boils down to is that there will be background checks on all sales. Already have that in my state.

Other stuff he says will require legislation, so not an executive order.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    As a note, the founding father planned there Revolution within the walls of the Green Dragon Travern in Boston, Mass.!

I'm not a drinking man, but I'm looking for the Green Dragon Travern in this state!
    I can agree. Those 'taverns' were not like our bars. They were more like meeting houses that served drinks and food. We need to get those back into today's society. We have lost the 'community' that was so important then.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I just watched a news conference in which our President bloviated about the number of issues (not pieces of legislation) he had "signed into law". I understand the purpose & benefit of Executive Order, yet aren't there ANY BOUNDARIES?
    He'll stop when someone takes him to task for acting in an illegal manner; which, if we use history thus far under his administration, will be never...
    NRA Life Member

He can tighten a few laws under executive order... he can try to force states to report what they are currently not reporting... Under existing law.. But he cannot force what has to be legislative action like an assault weapon ban or magazine limitations...
    We are always clamoring for gov't to ENFORCE the existing laws rather than create new ones... That is all he can do with the power of his executive order pen.
    He knows this... Do you? Or are you less intelligent than he is...

Look. Executive orders have been around a lot longer than O has. The office is limited as to what it can do...

The pressure needs to be firm on the legislative branch... he will sign any new limitations they can provide him in a bill... so we need to concentrate on the legislature....

Don't make this political, any more than it already is. And be aware there are moderate republicans that may also sign on to aban or limitation...

It has to be made crystal clear that any vote by ANY Representative of the people to increase limitations on firearms will be met with a pink slip on their next election cycle... And hope that we can back that up with enough votes.

Just as it is incumbent upon every ccw holder to know the laws regarding legal carry, and use of force laws in his home state and any he plans to visit... it is incumbent upon those who wish to be politically active to know the limitations of the various branches of the government.

Reference for you from MAC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K3KN9K-KkQ
    Once, Bad Bob and Crowbait like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links