UN "Small Arms Treaty" Survey

This is a discussion on UN "Small Arms Treaty" Survey within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From Rand Paul Link to survey: Help Rand Paul Defeat the UN Small Arms Treaty! - National Association for Gun Rights Dear fellow Patriot, Gun-grabbers ...

Thread: UN "Small Arms Treaty" Survey

From Rand Paul

Link to survey: Help Rand Paul Defeat the UN Small Arms Treaty! - National Association for Gun Rights

Dear fellow Patriot,

Gun-grabbers around the globe believe they have it made.

You see, only hours after re-election, President Obama’s Administration announced it was doubling down on efforts to finally RAM the United Nations’ so-called "Small Arms Treaty" down American gun owners’ throats.

From the moment I heard that news, I knew Second Amendment supporters’ backs were against the wall.

But after the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut -- and anti-gun hysteria in the national media reaching a fever pitch -- there’s no doubt President Obama and his anti-gun pals believe the timing has never been better to ram through the U.N.’s global gun control crown jewel.

I don't know about you, but watching anti-American globalists plot against our Constitution makes me sick.

But with the United Nations meeting in March to finalize their radical so-called "Small Arms Treaty" -- and a full U.S. Senate ratification showdown coming right on its heels -- there’s not much time to fight back.

You and I will only have a few short weeks to prepare for this battle...

If we’re to succeed, we must fight back now.

That's why I’m helping lead the fight to defeat the UN "Small Arms Treaty" in the United States Senate.

And it's why I need your help today.

Will you join me by taking a public stand against the UN "Small Arms Treaty" and sign the Official Firearms Sovereignty Survey right away?

Ultimately, UN bureaucrats will stop at nothing to register, ban and CONFISCATE firearms owned by private citizens like YOU.

So far, the gun-grabbers have successfully kept many of their schemes under wraps.

But looking at previous attempts by the UN to pass global gun control, you and I can get a good idea of what’s likely in the works.

Please Support

Signed. I'm tired of this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    Done.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I got the email from Rand Paul and signed the petition too. I didn't donate any money because I've been sending my dotations to NRA's ILA. I feel there's more clout there.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Moderator
    I'm tired of this too, so please read snopes.com: U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

This is not the treaty (which is a harmless piece of fluff) but what they are wanting to do (but not a part of the treaty)

Marking and tracing

If national law enforcement officials were able to trace small arms back to their last legitimate owner, who might then be held accountable, this would form an effective measure against illicit trade and diversion. For that purpose, it is essential that the weapon be marked upon production and import, and that appropriate records be kept. Existing stocks should also be marked. Although many weapons are marked upon production and import, international cooperation in marking and tracing of small arms is in its infancy.
    Traders and brokers

The vast majority of small arms are sold and transferred legally, but global patterns of supply of small arms and light weapons have changed profoundly over the past few decades. This has complicated controls. In the past, arms markets were relatively easy to survey, with far fewer supply outlets and less intermediate activity. Typically, closing a deal and delivering the goods were done by State authorities or Government agents. The use of private intermediaries has become common practice. These actors now routinely arrange transactions for defence industries, armed forces, law enforcement agencies and suppliers to Government as well as private entities, operating in a particularly globalized environment and often from multiple locations.

Contemporary traders, agents, brokers, shippers and financiers may well combine activities, making it difficult at times to distinguish small arms trade from brokering. Governments must assure that the shipments handled through these often complex networks are regulated according to the rule of law.

Investigations of arms embargo violations by the monitoring groups of the Security Council have exposed some international networks involved in the illicit trade and brokering of small arms. These brokers and dealers exploit legal loopholes, evade customs and airport controls and falsify documents such as passports, end-user certificates, cargo papers and flight schedules. Illicit activities by certain brokers and traders - and by the Government officials they collude with - have violated every UN arms embargo, with small arms and ammunition as the main items transferred.

A recurring problem concerning the proliferation of small arms, in particular in zones of crisis and conflict, is the absence of a normative framework for all States to guide decisions regarding arms transfers.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Sponsored Links