2nd Amendment Preservati​on Act

This is a discussion on 2nd Amendment Preservati​on Act within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Today I wrote my NC HoR and Senator. It went something like this: "Dear [...], I am writing as your constituent in the [...] district ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By nevanthewolf
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: 2nd Amendment Preservati​on Act

Today I wrote my NC HoR and Senator. It went something like this:

"Dear [...],

I am writing as your constituent in the [...] district of the North Carolina House of Representatives/Senate.

We can no longer depend on the Federal Government and this Administration to uphold a Constitution with talks of using executive power to enforce a gun ban. The liberties of the people of this great State and the sovereignty of our State are too important to just let the Federal Government take them away! The overreach of the federal administrations do not align with the Constitution, and I feel that actions should be taken by our State to secure our freedoms under the Constitution, specificity in concern to the 2nd Amendment. As you might have heard, recently the state of Wyoming took actions by introducing H.B. 0104 “Firearm Protection Act”. It is an act relating to firearms; providing that any federal law which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on firearms shall be unenforceable in the state of Wyoming; providing a penalty; and providing for an effective date. A full view of this bill can be found here:

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Introduced/HB0104.pdf

By way of the 10th Amendment, the people of North Carolina, and our Rights, can be protected by a similar Bill. Our heritage, and our future is what is at stake. I urge you to consider this matter, and request a response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your service and your time,
    Sincerely,
    [This guy!]"

I urge you all to do the same. Put the pressure on! We will stand up for our rights! Thanks and good shooting!

VIP Member
    Great letter. Short and to the point.

I am going to steal it since I was supposed to do this over the weekend and slacked off.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Please do! I had to send it to some of my FB friends for editing. Together we got it done ;-) No one's gonna take my rights!

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    FL has its own "right to keep and bear arms" in its Constitution, a virtual copy of the US Constitution.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Amazing that any such thing is necessary, given the blood oath these weasels swear to protect and defend the Constitution in the first place, isn't it?

Crimes against the Constitution: didn't they used to exist, and be pursued as criminal charges? Or am I living in a fantasy world? (My knowledge of the history of such crimes/charges is a bit fuzzy.)
    nevanthewolf and mg27 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Slowly freedom slips away... Big goverment needs a bigger voice in thier face!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    FL has its own "right to keep and bear arms" in its Constitution, a virtual copy of the US Constitution.
    Florida: (a) The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law. (b) There shall be a mandatory period of three days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, between the purchase and delivery at retail of any handgun. For the purposes of this section, "purchase" means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration to the retailer, and "handgun" means a firearm capable of being carried and used by one hand, such as a pistol or revolver. Holders of a concealed weapon permit as prescribed in Florida law shall not be subject to the provisions of this paragraph. (c) The legislature shall enact legislation implementing subsection (b) of this section, effective no later than December 31, 1991, which shall provide that anyone violating the provisions of subsection (b) shall be guilty of a felony. (d) This restriction shall not apply to a trade in of another handgun.

1838 Florida (org doc): "That the free white men of this State shall have a right to keep and to bear arms for their common defence." :-/ Lol... ya had to change that!

Introducing legislation to protect a right that we should never, ever lose in the first place? Bizarre and depressing.

Relax he won't take your guns.
    They will never pass a bill
    No one can change the courts ruling on the 2nd amendment . We heard this all before.
    The only second amendment you have is the one at least 5 of 9 on the court tell you you have that is that.
    This is all smoke and mirrors stuff until he appoints one more justice to the court.
    But you were not listening when he told you that your not listening now.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nevanthewolf View Post
    1838 Florida (org doc): "That the free white men of this State shall have a right to keep and to bear arms for their common defence." :-/ Lol... ya had to change that!
    Why??? .................................................. .................................................. .(Just kidding)
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Ummm....what about the Supremacy Clause?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Relax he won't take your guns.
    They will never pass a bill
    No one can change the courts ruling on the 2nd amendment . We heard this all before.
    The only second amendment you have is the one at least 5 of 9 on the court tell you you have that is that.
    This is all smoke and mirrors stuff until he appoints one more justice to the court.
    But you were not listening when he told you that your not listening now.
    The feds are not to be trusted. They were never to reach this far into our lives in the first place. I'm sayin use the 1st, to write about using the 10th, to save the 2nd. And if all else fails- plead the 5th!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
    Ummm....what about the Supremacy Clause?
    Well I guess if the federal government wants to start arguing the constitutionality of laws, they'll have to take a number.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Well I guess if the federal government wants to start arguing the constitutionality of laws, they'll have to take a number.
    touche'

Here's the part of the Arizona Constitution that provides for the bearing of arms.

Article II 26. Bearing arms
    Section 26. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the
    state shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing
    individuals or corporations to organize, maintain, or employ an armed body of men.

Sponsored Links