Ny firearms site down.......

This is a discussion on Ny firearms site down....... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While we are all waiting for the news of the legislation trying to be passed at approx 9:00 this evening by the dummies's in Albany, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Ny firearms site down.......

While we are all waiting for the news of the legislation trying to be passed at approx 9:00 this evening by the dummies's in Albany, the NY FIREARMS site goes down at 8:55.

Co-incidence???
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; January 15th, 2013 at 08:44 PM.

I signed up here just for this post.

I noticed that too. Im pretty sure it passed. The Republican senate leader sold us out. It has to go through the democratic majority in the assembly tomorrow. We both know thats a pony show. When this thing takes effect I think it has no grandfathering. So if you dont turn in your magazines you become a felon overnight. The majority of guns take a detachable magazine more than 7 rounds, and they are all going to become illegal or paperweights. Everything from .22 Marlins to Glocks just became useless if you play by the books and a felony if you don't.

Im pretty flabergasted. I don't really know what the next course of action is. Every letter, email, phone call, they clearly knew the stance of the silent majority. We weren't quiet. And they introduced it, and passed it in a middle of the night session.

Its 12:45 and Nyfirearms isn't back. That seems more than a tad suspect to me. Is it possible so many gun supporters tried to get on the site that they killed it? When it eventually comes back up I'll see what folks are doing and saying. Ive had a few conversations with random strangers in public about this issue. Like one of them told me: Keep the faith.

Google Nazi Terror Begins. It is a short one page history lesson on how to eliminate a constitution. Briefly in 1933 a crazy man set fire to a Government building in Germany. Hitler and his buddies used the fear that some had of a communist uprising to suspend, (eliminate), their constitution. Hitler then eliminated anyone who was opposed to his agenda.

I don't live in NY, but is that for real? Are they really passing legislation with no grandfathering?
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

New York Senate passes tough gun law

Here it is gentlemen/ladies. Senate passed it. We'll see what happens next. All I can say is thank God I don't live in NY.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by TheConcealer View Post
    I don't live in NY, but is that for real? Are they really passing legislation with no grandfathering?
    I wouldn't be surprised by that, when you are talking New York.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I just read the article, and it doesn't say anything about no grandfathering, however... for me, that is where I would draw the line. 7 round mag limits? Banning of semi-auto rifles or handguns with one military style feature?

My question to New York residents, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO???
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Quote Originally Posted by TheConcealer View Post
    I just read the article, and it doesn't say anything about no grandfathering, however... for me, that is where I would draw the line. 7 round mag limits? Banning of semi-auto rifles or handguns with one military style feature?

My question to New York residents, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO???
    It did say that weapons that fall under the ban would be grandfathered - but you have to register them. I'll be damned if I ever register any weapon of mine. I don't live in NY, so I can say that
    People say registration doesn't lead to confiscation but...
    http://www.nrawinningteam.com/confiscation/lockyer1.gif

if I did live in NY, that bill would make me leave.

That being said, I wouldn't be living there in the first place
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

The danger in this bill should it passed and be signed tomorrow is that President Obama can use it to his advantage.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I'm sure that NY will take care of their people. I bet they pass legislation limiting home invasion parties to no more than 7 invaders and they must stand still at the threshold for a 30 second count prior to entering. Also all criminals that commit a violent crime MUST wear a shirt with a standard B-27 target screen printed on both front and back.
    sdprof, noway2, StevePVB and 5 others like this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Administrator
    If I lived there I would be shopping around for moving van company rates.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

More here

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I signed up here just for this post.
    Im pretty flabergasted. I don't really know what the next course of action is. Every letter, email, phone call, they clearly knew the stance of the silent majority. We weren't quiet. And they introduced it, and passed it in a middle of the night session.
    Welcome to Defensive Carry.

I would guess that one of the next actions will be a court challenge. I don't recall the exact wording, but making guns that are in common supply and ownership illegal goes against one of the clauses of the SCOTUS rulings regarding the 2nd amendment. Of course, even if the law is overturned, I am sure that a lot of damage will be done before it is resolved. Hopefully this sort of nonsense also stops in places like NY. Otherwise things will get ugly in this nation.

Not good at all..... The anti's a pushing hard and 'we're' going to end up in a bad place.

I'm glad I'm not a NY state resident either.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member
    This is really bad. And I'm not gonna just say "well, glad I don't live in NY", this is just plain bad news.

Could this be the begining of the line being drawn?
    darbo likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links