Texas Rep. Steve Stockman Threatens to Impeach Obama if Executive Orders Are Used

This is a discussion on Texas Rep. Steve Stockman Threatens to Impeach Obama if Executive Orders Are Used within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Leave it to a Texan to stand up to protect the second amendment and threaten to impeach the President. GOP REP. THREATENS IMPEACHMENT IF OBAMA ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By 1MoreGoodGuy
  • 1 Post By Echo_Four
  • 1 Post By SpringerXD

Thread: Texas Rep. Steve Stockman Threatens to Impeach Obama if Executive Orders Are Used

Texas Rep. Steve Stockman Threatens to Impeach Obama if Executive Orders Are Used

Leave it to a Texan to stand up to protect the second amendment and threaten to impeach the President.

GOP REP. THREATENS IMPEACHMENT IF OBAMA GOES AROUND CONGRESS TO ENACT GUN CONTROL
    Jan. 14, 2013 4:30pm Jason Howerton

Should President Barack Obama decide to make good on his threat to enact gun regulations through executive order, Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas) says he may, among other actions, file articles of impeachment against the commander-in-chief...

The rest of the story here: GOP Rep. Threatens Impeachment If Obama Goes Around Congress to Enact Gun Control | TheBlaze.com
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

Re: Texas Rep. Steve Stockman Threatens to Impeach Obama if Executive Orders Are Used

Go for it Steve. I hope you get support for it across the board. I'm with ya.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Good things happening here in Texas lately. Bah dup bup bah baaaa I'm luvin it!

I'm ready to move to TX!

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1010 View Post
    I'm ready to move to TX!
    No kidding. Want a roommate?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    No kidding. Want a roommate?
    Can we make that a three bedroom place?
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

VIP Member
    Outstanding!

Granted, Clinton has already set the precedent to brazenly ignore the disgrace of impeachment. However, this is the sort of action that we need to see from our representatives. Politically, this should be a gloves-off war.

VIP Member
    Voting for articles of impeachment would be a tremendous waste of taxpay dollars and Congress's time. Washington DC is too political for such a thing to matter. If allowed to proceed by the Speaker the articles of impeachment would pass in the House. The trial in the Senate would then be won by the Democrats meaning that nothing changes other than the money and time it took to put on the show. Obama could openly take an oath against the United States and it would be a party line vote in his favor in the Senate.

I love that the guy said it. I'm sure the media is going to try to sacrifice him to their savior. But in the end it is pointless.
    Clodbert likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

The President should already have been impeached for overreaching with EOs. He ordered the ICE to follow the Dream Act legislation that was voted down, not by the Republicans, but by his own party...

I would rather throw money at tying to impeach this neo-dictator if he tries to use EO's to circumvent Congress with his brand of gun control and banning than just giving up without a fight.

It will be interesting to see if NY actually passes the law, and then, how it is challenged in court. People in NY may decide to sit on their hands, or cave on and register and get rid of the magazines and rifles, but they should fight this.

In California when they passes similar laws years back, many of the people just tried to hide and keep, but if you ever used that weapon in self defense, you were tried as a criminal. Or if you had a fire and the fire department ran in and saw that weapon or magazine, you were tried as a criminal.

Hang on, guys, because they WILL try this nation wide, and it has to be fought all the way up the line.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Quote Originally Posted by TheConcealer View Post
    Can we make that a three bedroom place?
    Four. I've got a crate of old New Yorker Magazine issues (good firewood) and a cache of .308.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    Voting for articles of impeachment would be a tremendous waste of taxpay dollars and Congress's time. Washington DC is too political for such a thing to matter. If allowed to proceed by the Speaker the articles of impeachment would pass in the House. The trial in the Senate would then be won by the Democrats meaning that nothing changes other than the money and time it took to put on the show. Obama could openly take an oath against the United States and it would be a party line vote in his favor in the Senate.

I love that the guy said it. I'm sure the media is going to try to sacrifice him to their savior. But in the end it is pointless.
    I don't care how pointless and futile it is. At the very least it would send a strong message.

But the real strength is in the States. They need to stand up and say "NO."
    mano3 likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Yep i think its time to pack up and head to TX!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Four. I've got a crate of old New Yorker Magazine issues (good firewood) and a cache of .308.
    "We're going to need a bigger" house
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Links