It's all but signed in NY

This is a discussion on It's all but signed in NY within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wouldn't the requirement of mental health professionals to report potentially violent patients to state officials be a HIPAA violation? And does this mean that one ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: It's all but signed in NY

Wouldn't the requirement of mental health professionals to report potentially violent patients to state officials be a HIPAA violation?

And does this mean that one can no longer purchase a semi-automatic pistol in NY state?

2. Remove Ads

As soon as the ink is on the paper, this idiotic law should be challenged on a Federal level.
    airslot and 8th ID like this.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt45 View Post
    As soon as the ink is on the paper, this idiotic law should be challenged on a Federal level.
    What is the track record on gun issues in that federal district if it makes it that far?

Fla
    hmmm how about we put up a huge concrete wall around NY , toss all the bad guys in and let em have at it. ala Escape from NY
    carracer likes this.
    NO Salt,Alcohol, Smoking,Caffeine,Chocolate,Meat,Anything Spicy,Gasoline,Weapons Except Stun Wands By Police,Contact Sports,Sex Other Than Virtual,Abortion,pregnancy Without A License,Non Educational Toys,Bad Language,Exchanging Bodily fluids Including Kissing,Aggressive Acts,Freedom Of Speech

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    Well, I personally believe you should get life/death penalty for the premeditated first/capital murder of anyone. And if death, the sentence should be carried out in a very expedited manner.

The fact of the matter is cops/first responders will be much more predisposed to reality of something like this happening to them. What would you suggest? The POS who recently shot the responders was already a previous offender who was let out. I say nail their *** to the wall. It might not stop them but it will surely stop it from happening again... Unlike the way banning guns will have little effect on psychos finding a way to slaughter innocents. Especially when they're disarmed and forced into GFZ's.
    Execution is the best sentence for a convicted murderer. Why gift them with 60 years of three hots and a cot? I don't care who the victim is, or what weapon is used for the crime. Society should discourage murder via appropriate penalty. Apparently, it's not just common sense anymore...
    ccw9mm and carracer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    Execution is the best sentence for a convicted murderer.
    Since it's irreversible, I also think there should be a mandatory appeal (time-limited). Since it's irreversible, I'd almost prefer the basic standard of evidence be a tad higher than normal, with none of this circumstantial-"evidence"-only crap that seemingly is allowed all too often. But otherwise I agree with you.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Does this mean that people with mental health issues will not seek help because they'll be afraid of losing their 2A rights?

Quote Originally Posted by siber View Post
    Does this mean that people with mental health issues will not seek help because they'll be afraid of losing their 2A rights?
    Yes, there will almost certainly be at least some of that, by folks who know darned well what seeking help would mean.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    Execution is the best sentence for a convicted murderer. Why gift them with 60 years of three hots and a cot? I don't care who the victim is, or what weapon is used for the crime. Society should discourage murder via appropriate penalty. Apparently, it's not just common sense anymore...
    Oh, i see you're point. And i agree. If you kill in this manner it should be death, and carried out fast, not thirty years later. But we must at the minimum make sure they're not able to do harm to anyone else.

Although i'm not really sure how much mandatory death will discourage people from the actual act of killing in the heat of the moment or with the latest trend of premeditated murder/suicide. Probably not much more than GFZ's keep them from killing people with a firearm.

But it would undoubtedly keep the prison population down lol

Quote Originally Posted by siber View Post
    That's a possibility. It probably also means that there will be a list of mental disorders, decided on by an "august" panel of psychological experts in cooperation with the federal government, that serve as "red flag diagnoses" and forbid by law a person from being able to purchase a firearm. You'll have plenty of false positives, or people who would never in their lives become violent being barred from purchasing a gun, and perhaps even more false negatives. You can imagine what those are. It's a lose-lose situation.

Well it will be interesting to watch what the public does in NY with this! I don't wish any violence on anyone, period, but the line has to be drawn!

Govenor Cuomo,did you tell the criminals they can only have 7 rounds too? just disgraceful!!

So now what will N.Y. blame their crime problems on since if they pass this, they will now have their gun situation under control?

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Somebody will make a fortune selling downsized magazines and high capacity mag holders.

The steam from this pile is truly revolting.
    Yes, I can see a whole new market for modified magazines or new ones with lower capacity. I wonder how many unfortunate gun owners who live in NY will rush out and register their weapons? I'm sure the gang members and other criminals will be at the head of the line. And how will these new laws be enforced? I doubt anyone has thought of that - yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    So now what will N.Y. blame their crime problems on since if they pass this, they will now have their gun situation under control?
    They will undoubtedly blame the states that didn't follow their lead by enacting such draconian gun control laws for promoting the dissemination of "illegal" firearms within their little totalitarian empire.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links