Hypothetical: Youtube Bans Firearms Related Videos

This is a discussion on Hypothetical: Youtube Bans Firearms Related Videos within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Google is not pro firearm. That said, what makes you guys think you are stuck with google or youtube? I'm sure some site will be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hypothetical: Youtube Bans Firearms Related Videos

Google is not pro firearm.

That said, what makes you guys think you are stuck with google or youtube? I'm sure some site will be able to host a video or make a search engine that doesn't restrict your searches. Typically as technology companies get too overbloated, opinionated, and incredibly too invasive - people tend to ditch them for more streamlined technology. Look at antivirus suites like Norton and McAfee. Look at AOL. Look at myspace. Once a certain entity begins to suck, some entrepreneur will step up to the plate and offer a better alternative.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curzyk View Post
    Remember that viewership is revenue on YouTube.
    ..and there ya have it. Follow the money. Whichever would be most profitable is the way a company will go regardless of the issue.
    If anyone believes corporations operate with noble causes in the forefront; well, they just don't know how to read a prospectus.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

We will all see video's on how to get along and be more tolerant.

Re: Hypothetical: Youtube Bans Firearms Related Videos

Thanks guys. Regardless of what you think would happen, save them anyway. You're already on the computer. Take the time and save a few. All the popular browsers have extensions that allow you to save Youtube videos.

It's happened before:

If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    ..and there ya have it. Follow the money. Whichever would be most profitable is the way a company will go regardless of the issue.
    If anyone believes corporations operate with noble causes in the forefront; well, they just don't know how to read a prospectus.
    Normally I would agree with this. But, look at the latest news about Coke giving in to Bloomberg and the fat police.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL SQUAD View Post
    It'll happen eventually.

So far I've saved some Glock, AR, AK,1911 detail strip/reassemble vids. I need to save the ITS Tactical "Build Your Own AR-15" series of videos.
    While your at it better buy all the parts you may ever need,you can have all the how to videos in the world,but if you can't buy a gun or the parts it's just wishful thinking
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

All gun related videos should be edited to include a background picture of Dear Leader or similar elected official. They'd never ban free publicity.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Guns and information about guns were available wayyy before YouTube, Google, Facebook & the rest of em' ever appeared on the scene. Who cares if Youtube takes a kumbaya stand? With rare exception, the VAST majority of the firearm-related videos are posted by chuckle-headed ego-maniacs who don't know "come heah" from "sic 'em" about guns anyway. It's like being worried about what Oprah & Whoopie think about all this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links