Heller and firearms in "common" use

This is a discussion on Heller and firearms in "common" use within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's a question for those literate in case law: I'm not a lawyer, nor do I have any kind of legal background. I haven't read ...

Thread: Heller and firearms in "common" use

Here's a question for those literate in case law: I'm not a lawyer, nor do I have any kind of legal background. I haven't read the Heller case. Wasn't there some reference in Heller forbidding the banning of firearms in "common" usage? I have a fabulous memory--but it's SHORT.:( I'm asking the question because at 3 million copies abroad in the land, seems like the AR is pretty darned "common". 'Spose the same thing could be said about the AK.

Guess I'm just wondering about how vulnerable the nonsense in New York state is to a challenge.

PC

That may be our one round of ammunition when this crap goes before the courts. These items have been around long enough, are used by LEOs, and come straight from the factory as standard OEM equipment.

I'd say the criteria for "Standard" and "Commonplace" has been met.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Oops! Didn't see the Dave Kopel interview already posted. He answers my question.

PC

Links