My Apologies To Those I Doubted

This is a discussion on My Apologies To Those I Doubted within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been receiving warnings for from our friends at the NRA and elsewhere regarding Obama's plan to destroy the Second Amendment after his re-election. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: My Apologies To Those I Doubted

VIP Member

My Apologies To Those I Doubted

I have been receiving warnings for from our friends at the NRA and elsewhere regarding Obama's plan to destroy the Second Amendment after his re-election. I doubted them. In that, I was wrong, and for that, I apologize.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Welcome Back.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

VIP Member
    It's hard to ever learn anything if you can't admit when you've made a mistake. No shame in that at all.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    I didn't doubt it, but figured he'd focus on wrecking the economy first.

Nope, he's going for the jugular.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Let's see what we can get started here....(this should be interesting)....So let me start this exercise by making the following statement. The second amendment gives you the right to bear arms, it does not state or exempt what arms you may bear, therefore if you are allowed to bear any arms, your second amendment rights are in tact and not being infringed upon.........

agree or disagree with the above statement.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Let's see what we can get started here....(this should be interesting)....So let me start this exercise by making the following statement. The second amendment gives you the right to bear arms, it does not state or exempt what arms you may bear, therefore if you are allowed to bear any arms, your second amendment rights are in tact and not being infringed upon.........

agree or disagree with the above statement.
    Disagree. The intent was specific to arms allowing individuals (the militia) to adequately fight against the government to overthrow it if it becomes tyrannical. If the government only allowed 1700's-styled muskets to be used in order to satisfy the "right to bear arms" while it possessed the most modern arms available, that would not allow reasonable resistance to tyranny that the 2nd Amendment protects.
    PAPADALE1 likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

That is OK since Obama is very good at what he does. In the old days he would have been called a Snake oil salesman.

Spirit51 likes this.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post

Doing it this way accomplishes both. And, to ice the cake, guns are a big part of the economies where he's not so popular.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Disagree. The intent was specific to arms allowing individuals (the militia) to adequately fight against the government to overthrow it if it becomes tyrannical. If the government only allowed 1700's-styled muskets to be used in order to satisfy the "right to bear arms" while it possessed the most modern arms available, that would not allow reasonable resistance to tyranny that the 2nd Amendment protects.
    Point taken, but are you saying that 2A is mute anyway, as you (we), are not allowed by any means to bear weapons that would allow reasonable resistance to a tyrannical government's military weapons ?
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Would love for Hopyard to come out and say the same thing. Wouldn't that be the day!
    DPro.40 likes this.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Point taken, but are you saying that 2A is mute anyway, as you (we), are not allowed by any means to bear weapons that would allow reasonable resistance to a tyrannical government's military weapons ?
    I beg to differ. Fighters in Afghanistan and Iraq have certainly been able to put up a big fight against our forces over there with IEDs and "Assault Rifles" that we (currently) have access to here. While they have only had hundreds or thousands in their ranks, we could potentially have millions.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I think you mean "moot," not "mute." "Mute" is what "moderates" become when we need them to stand up the most.

The right to keep and bear arms means exactly that. It's also the reason why the Founders didn't specify what arms because, you see, they were very intelligent men with an uncanny understanding of human nature and the means and methods of tyranny. If asked about it, they probably would have told you that the type of arms referred to was a moot point, since the whole point of the 2nd Amendment (being second only to the right to free speech for a reason) is all about the balance of power between the government and the citizenry, not a tit-for-tat contest about whose weapons are bigger.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Re: My Apologies To Those I Doubted

The word is moot.
    DontTreadOnI and Darrow75 like this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post

He's a multi-tasker.
    niks likes this.

The revolutionaries did ok against the best military in the world at the time. Most people agree we as a people do not need nukes, even if the government has them. The people accomplish what is well within our rights to do in the event of a tyrannical government.

+1 to what SpringerXD said
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links