This sends a pretty strong message from at least two states. - Page 2

This sends a pretty strong message from at least two states.

This is a discussion on This sends a pretty strong message from at least two states. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis I think the "imports" have changed the mentality and attitudes of most Floridians. Funny you say that...a Cuban born american (he ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: This sends a pretty strong message from at least two states.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I think the "imports" have changed the mentality and attitudes of most Floridians.
    Funny you say that...a Cuban born american (he is a citizen) I work with is buying a gun finally (he got a M&Pc 9mm) and is going to get his concealed permit. I will admit to prodding him to buy one as he kept mentioning incidents that happened near his home.
    Lnafree and soonershoote like this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Add Kentucky to that list.
    Ghost1958 and soonershoote like this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Funny you say that...a Cuban born american (he is a citizen) I work with is buying a gun finally (he got a M&Pc 9mm) and is going to get his concealed permit. I will admit to prodding him to buy one as he kept mentioning incidents that happened near his home.

I was actually referring to the North Eastern imports. No offense to the good folks from the NE on this forum.

Florida not proactive? Did you ever hear of the "Bring your gun to work law" until Florida passed it a couple of years ago which prevented employers
    from forbidding their legally licensed employees from storing their guns in their cars at work on the employers property? Again, many states
    followed the Florida lead with similar legislation.
    soonershoote likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Nevada is following Wyoming's lead and introducing a bill to protect 2A rights.

I think the "imports" have changed the mentality and attitudes of most Floridians.
    really? Not the 1,000,000 active concealed weapons licensees in Florida. If you are talking about the refugees from New Yuck and New Joisey that have
    been brainwashed that guns are evil, then yes, you are correct.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    really? Not the 1,000,000 active concealed weapons licensees in Florida. If you are talking about the refugees from New Yuck and New Joisey that have
    been brainwashed that guns are evil, then yes, you are correct.
    Thats exactly who I was referring to.

Thats exactly who I was referring to.
    See my previous post.

I wish I lived in Texas. I do love Florida for a lot of things, but on the issue of the 2A lately we have not been at the forefront of it. Back in 1987 shall issue was introduced to Florida. Many states used Florida's law as a model for their own shall issue laws. Today it's like Florida would rather just ignore it all and not be proactive.

I'm all in 100 % with you. I haven't heard, read anything, nothing at all. Maybe they are doing something behind closed doors but I sure would feel better knowing at least something Florida may be doing, if anything at all.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfuelrm View Post
    I'm all in 100 % with you. I haven't heard, read anything, nothing at all. Maybe they are doing something behind closed doors but I sure would feel better knowing at least something Florida may be doing, if anything at all.
    I know there were a few things in the past few years that were good but I would like a show of support here. I was all for Arizona standing up for the fight against illegal immigration and I am all for Texas and Wyoming for standing up for the second amendment adamantly.
    Jetfuelrm likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I'm in Tennessee and I sure wish they would get on board, plus my home state of Alabama.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I know there were a few things in the past few years that were good but I would like a show of support here. I was all for Arizona standing up for the fight against illegal immigration and I am all for Texas and Wyoming for standing up for the second amendment adamantly.
    Ive written emailed done it many times with no responses. I would like them to show some support also. When and if I hear anything from my letters will let you know.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    Add Kentucky to that list.
    I live in Ky. What list are we being added too please??

Florida is a rather passive state when it comes to legislation. I live around a LOT of retirees here, and most of them don't really care what happens. The one's who own guns want to keep them, the one's who don't just don't want to get shot but don't really care whether you own a gun or not. These are issues that come up at work a lot, and beings there are only two vocal gun owners (myself and another who shall remain nameless), they get directed at us. It's rather fun to fight down a debate with logic and reasoning and see the other person's face turn red as they get more and more angry.

I have been practicing this whole "alertness" thing and I try to pick out who carries and who doesn't. It is surprising how many people who do, and it's also surprising how many people don't and who doesn't. Most people either don't care or don't care to look.

Anyway, back to the point. Florida politicians KNOW that there are MANY gun owners here, or at least they do after the gargantuan influx of CC applicants (FYI: its at between 8 and 12 weeks for processing). To this end, I don't see them making any new gun control legislation, proposing any gun bans, etc, etc, etc. I might see them doing the whole "mental health in background checks" thing, but that's really about it. They know what the people want, and they don't really intend on changing it too soon.
    cmdrdredd and Jetfuelrm like this.

I was born in Texas. I would go back in a hearbeat if I could get my wife to go. Even if she did go I would have to take my Mother in Law with me. If I stay in Missouri at least I don't have to live in the same house with the Mother in Law. Life's tough sometimes.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links