This sends a pretty strong message from at least two states. - Page 3

This sends a pretty strong message from at least two states.

This is a discussion on This sends a pretty strong message from at least two states. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; emailed ALL of the Rep. Congressmen in Arkansas, about this very thing today. Already got a reply from one.."We have a bill in the works ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: This sends a pretty strong message from at least two states.

emailed ALL of the Rep. Congressmen in Arkansas, about this very thing today. Already got a reply from one.."We have a bill in the works to do just that right now." Was his reply. Hopefully Arkansas fall in line. "Arkleg HB 1012" got some more replies.
    "As the economy gets weak, the dollar loses value. Invest in precious metals." I'm investing in lead.

Today's NY legislation is helping me ramp up plans for a move. We were already looking to move once both kids were away to college in two years, now we may be leaving sooner. My wife wants outta here in the worst way. I love to hear states taking measures to protect the rights of their citizenry. No idea how that may play out in the face of federal mandates, but I applaud the effort.

Taxes are crushing here (I pay 16k / year in property taxes alone) and freedoms are dwindling. Politics aside, I'd much rather live where my pension is worth more.

Quote Originally Posted by WMac19 View Post
    Today's NY legislation is helping me ramp up plans for a move. We were already looking to move once both kids were away to college in two years, now we may be leaving sooner. My wife wants outta here in the worst way. I love to hear states taking measures to protect the rights of their citizenry. No idea how that may play out in the face of federal mandates, but I applaud the effort.

Taxes are crushing here (I pay 16k / year in property taxes alone) and freedoms are dwindling. Politics aside, I'd much rather live where my pension is worth more.
    Ouch on the taxes thing. I think we paid a little over $6k here but most of that is for a bit of property with no dwelling built on it. Costs more to own land that isn't in use.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I like Texas more and more all the time.
    Don't mess with Texas! (Wyoming either)
    " Life is tough and it gets tougher if your stupid." John Wayne.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WMac19 View Post

I've posted something similar in other threads...

If your elected officials are not representing you and your State the way you would like them to represent you in regards to the 2nd amendment, now is the time to move to an area of the country which has a history of supporting the 2nd amendment and currently has elected officials in place who will support and defend the 2nd amendment.

When you move, bring guns and ammo.

When you get here, buy more guns and ammo.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat_Guy View Post
    Does Obama have any idea how divisive his politics are? Texas and Wyoming won't be the last - I'm guessing Arizona will be next to jump on this idea. Our president is seemingly intent on turning Americans against each other. Where will this end? What a mess.
    Hopefully ours will join the list. It was brought up last year and was "very" close..... but didn't pass in the Senate (loaded with 'moderate' RINO's). And, during the 2008 elections, a lot of more 'conservative' Republicans' were voted in to replace .... and most of RINO - moderate Republicans were replaced, so it would likely pass at this point. Some years ago, 88% of the citizens voted FOR adding a Constitutional amendment protecting gun ownership in the State.... that should have told them something.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

This sends a pretty strong message from at least two states.

TN has a bill in also but near as good as WY or TX.

Lets Be Careful Out There!
    Ron
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Signs carry no legal weight in FL, but they do in TX.
    Correction, ONE sign carries weight, and it has to be EXACT in its wording, size, language, and grammar.

Didn't FL just pass a law allowing suits against municipalities that have/enforce local ordinances? Yes.
    Texas already has pre-emption... those laws can never be made, let alone enforced.

Possibly one more to the list. Hopefully Missouri can get it done also. Does anyone know how to find out when they are going to vote on this? They expect Bi-partisan support...

Gun Bill Would Make Future Federal Gun Laws Illegal in Mo. | KOMU.com | Columbia, MO |

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Florida did pass such a law and forced the repeal of any and all locally approved gun laws that were beyond state statutes. A violation of this law by an elected official would be grounds for removal from office and a fine up to $5K.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    its already law in mt.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by RonM0710 View Post
    TN has a bill in also but near as good as WY or TX.

Lets Be Careful Out There!
    Ron
    I searched last night and couldn't find anything on Tennessee. Do you have a link?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Florida did pass such a law and forced the repeal of any and all locally approved gun laws that were beyond state statutes. A violation of this law by an elected official would be grounds for removal from office and a fine up to $5K.
    preemption is not what we are talking about here. That is saying the state trumps the county or city. WHat TX and WY are doing is saying "Our law comes first and we won't listen to the feds on this issue". We all know that federal law can sometimes trump state law depending on the legal terminology used.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Oklahoma followed...
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links