Costco Bans Guns

This is a discussion on Costco Bans Guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; No signs in the Dedham, MA Costco's. I was there today and actually looked very carefully. Signs have no meaning in MA wrt the laws ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Costco Bans Guns

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    No signs in the Dedham, MA Costco's. I was there today and actually looked very carefully. Signs have no meaning in MA wrt the laws here . . . only wrt to trespassing if asked to leave and you refuse.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a local/regional manager issue and not a corporate policy.
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well....looks like I won't be shopping there anytime soon.

I never liked Costco anyway...Just another reason for me not to shop there.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Well this is very interesting.... They have just built a new shiny CostCo here in Louisville KY. I was all excited about having a choice other than SAMS and Wallyworld now. I am now not so excited about the visit.

I will keep my eyes open for a sign that says "we are anti's". This may save me the 50 bucks for a membership.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

VIP Member
    Sams and Wally world are anti as well. They may not post but they give money to the anti causes. I have found that it is very difficult to even buy food without supporting a company that supports anti gun groups. If you drive a car or a vehicle that burns gasoline, shoot if you use a product that has any amount of plastic associated with it, use electricity et. al. you are supporting anti-gun groups and organizations that love our money but hate the US as a country. Most of our imported oil comes from Venezuala (Chavez anyone). So where do you draw the line?

My line is, posted with a sign, no money, if it isn't, well then I'm not going to worry about it.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Most of our imported oil comes from Venezuala (Chavez anyone).
    Fourth in 2005 U.S. imports, actually. And on-track to do similarly in 2006. ( Source: U.S. EIA )

So where do you draw the line?
    Wherever practicable. Blended products are simply not possible to narrow down to a single country in a given mix (for the avg. layman), unless a very high percentage is in the input stream. However, in general it's far simpler with mfd. products. With open, written statements of being against core principles and rights of citizens, such a business doesn't get my business. Usually, there are plenty of alternatives. CostCo is a good example.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

When I lived Front Royal, I always carried in the Winchester Costco. I don't carry as much out here in CO, and rarely even visit Costco anymore since there's only two of us, so I'll probably let my member ship lapse next year. I also carry in Wally World, mainly because of the caliber of people who shop & work there.
    "Don't get stuck on stupid!" -Gen. Honore in NOLA

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."- Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    The Costco on the east side of the Denver metro area at 1471 S. Havana in Aurora (nearest one to rwmorrisonjr and me) is posted no-carry. Oddly, on the west side at 7900 W. Quincy Ave in Littleton, there is a Costco that did have PNC signs but those signs have been removed.

Regardless of any firearms policies, I have never entered a Costco, Sam's Club, etc.

I'm not surprised to learn this. Costco has been a BIG contributor to Anti-Gun Democratic campaigns for some time. Big Lib $$, that's all.

I worked there once, way back in 1990. It was clear to me then that the company culture was anti America, one-world-govt type crap.

We shop there only for the specific items that are cheapest at Costco. I have been known to stand in line for the customary 30 minutes to purchase one item. I will give them as little of my money as possible, and I will carry while in there until I see it posted in such a way that it is obvious to all that no person carrying a gun is allowed. (It has GOT to be posted in BIG letters. That a 6year old can read.)

I still get the willies when ever I am in there, knowing how and what the employees are taught and treated. (I was 30 years old and I swear they thought I was 6 years old. I do feel sorry for their employees sometimes.)
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Sams and Wally world are anti as well. They may not post but they give money to the anti causes. I have found that it is very difficult to even buy food without supporting a company that supports anti gun groups. If you drive a car or a vehicle that burns gasoline, shoot if you use a product that has any amount of plastic associated with it, use electricity et. al. you are supporting anti-gun groups and organizations that love our money but hate the US as a country. Most of our imported oil comes from Venezuala (Chavez anyone). So where do you draw the line?

My line is, posted with a sign, no money, if it isn't, well then I'm not going to worry about it.
    Very well said.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    It's a good thing costco doesn't sell guns...I would hate to have to buy a 24 case when I only need one kind of gun...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links