A little humor in these dark days...Maybe...Posted this in Dec. 2007

This is a discussion on A little humor in these dark days...Maybe...Posted this in Dec. 2007 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; No grief about the grammatical errors. My education stopped at High School, and grammar was not one of my better subjects. http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...s-snubbed.html Please don't revive ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VBVAGUY

Thread: A little humor in these dark days...Maybe...Posted this in Dec. 2007

A little humor in these dark days...Maybe...Posted this in Dec. 2007

No grief about the grammatical errors. My education stopped at High School, and grammar was not one of my better subjects.

My prediction if the 2nd gets snubbed.

Please don't revive that thread

Still seem far fetched and fantasy?

Maybe a little.

My prediction if the 2nd gets snubbed.

I pondered this a while back, but refrained from posting. After reading a couple other threads on the issue, I decided I would throw this out there.

Day 1: Supreme Court rules that the 2nd amendment applies only to and organized militia (commonly know as the National Guard) not to the basic civilian.

Day 7: Texas call for an emergency vote and overwhelmingly decides to secede from the union. Texas closes its borders, rounds up and deports all non Texas residences including all Federal employees in an amazing 36 hours.

Day 14: 15 states pass laws stating that possession of any firearm by a citizen is prohibited and is punishable under the Patriot Act and Homeland Security. All citizens are ordered to turn in their firearms to their local police/sheriff's office for disposal within 30 days. Any citizen that fails to comply will be prosecuted. The NRA and others of the like were labeled as outlaw, the board of officers were placed under arrest by the Feds and tried for sedition, as well as several little "Groups" that the FBI/CIA/NSA/DHS felt were potential threats to the security of the nation.

Day 28: 5 more states vote to secede form the union. DC orders the National guard from the surrounding states to move in and enforce martial law on the defying states (including Texas), the state Governors and corresponding persons in position of authority are placed under arrest.

Day 35: 9 of the states National Guard units that were ordered to occupy pull out, defying orders by DC to occupy their neighbors. Those states in turn vote to secede from the union.

Day 42: DC declares Martial Law on the entire nation. All borders are closed, international recall of all US citizens is ordered. All methods of mass transportation are stopped for any other than Federal business. In those states that have not defied the Feds, the citizens are rounded up/funneled to stadiums and other large venues for identification and tagging "For their protection". Those citizens are not released form these areas until their homes have been searched for weapons. 8 more states defy the Feds and secede from the union. All disavowed states recall their National Guard units from abroad.

Day 49: DC recalls all military forces abroad to occupy disavowed States to bring them back into the fold. Military suffers from 60% loss in personnel to insubordination, AWOL, and desertion. Military places all service personnel caught under arrest, tries and executes ranking officers according to Military Law in time of war as an example to the others. DC requests assistance of UN in quelling of civil uprising. UN is in debate.

Day 56: Civil war ensues with no clear cut territory lines other than State borders, or metro areas in large population density areas. UN is still in debate. DC requests specific assistance from Canada, and Great Briton. Both decline. The world watches with morbid fascination at the fall of the "Block Bully". There are no foreign terrorist attacks attempted.

Day 180: Most of the fighting has stopped. 3/4 of the nation now unified against DC, and a clear territory line has been drawn ironically around the original 13 colonies as they existed around 1730. DC requests settlement talks with the opposing states. UN still in debate. Opposing states reply with "What's to talk about?". Remaining 37 states recognize each others governments as independents much like the European union. Passports and Visas required for "State to State" travel.

Day 260: The United States is now the Eastern seaboard. The Independent American Union builds the likeness of the great China Wall separating the "United States". There is a 5 mile "No mans land" on the east side of the wall.

You take it from here...
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

No No !!! Virginia better not be part of the Kings empire !!! God Bless
    Tzadik likes this.

The term "Refugees" will have a whole new meaning in the USA. I'm sure that there are a bunch of NY residents that have already packed their bags.

Heck, I am already pondering moving out of CO. May have to change my name to CO_ExPat
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links