Prior Gun Confiscation in the USA

This is a discussion on Prior Gun Confiscation in the USA within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think this just about sums it up. IndianGunRight.jpg...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ksholder

Thread: Prior Gun Confiscation in the USA

VIP Member

Prior Gun Confiscation in the USA

I think this just about sums it up.

IndianGunRight.jpg
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Yep!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Remember New-Orleans after Katrina. Guns were taken away from law abiding citizens never to be seen again by those pledged to serve & protect.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Ouch...

That truth can hurt sometimes.

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Distinguished Member
    During Katrina, most were caught off guard and unlawful confiscations occurred.

Now oppressors of rights guaranteed by the Constitution will find:
    Too much national attention being paid to the subject.
    Too many gun owners watching for the signs of "infringement".
    Too many Oath Keepers ready to make a stand.

The Emperor will find that there are "sheepdogs" and "wolves" among the flock, should the situation prove the need.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    Very true We were caught off guard. I'll have to re-read the constitution again to find where it no longer applies if caught "off guard".
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

... at that time, they were, at least "quasi-legal" ...

The Emperor will find that there are "sheepdogs" and "wolves" among the flock, should the situation prove the need.
    Perhaps what you meant here is that "sheepdogs" (a horrible moniker for law-abiding, gun-toting citizens) will become "wolves" (which typically is used to denote predatory criminals) by keeping their guns and resisting unconstitutional seizures.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Wolf-Wolf

VIP Member
    Just last night I finished reading, "The Great New Orleans Gun Grab" Descent into Anarchy by Gordon Hutchinson and Todd Masson. I'd suggest it's good reading for anyone interested in their 2A rights, I'll bet you can buy it on Amazon or they do list a website on the book cover. neworleansgungrab.com

Each chapter was essentially an individual story by someone and their experience during Katrina. The mix of stories vary with some successfully getting their guns returned to them but most not. Rarely was any form of a receipt offered to the gunowners. Some had good experiences with the LEO's they encountered, however most did not. Not all the bad experiences with LEO were NOLA related, many were from out-of-town agencies from far away. Some of the LEO's they encountered claimed to be LEO, but other than black tactical clothing they did not have any ID or agency patches, etc, and refused to ID themselves in any way.

There's no doubt some of the armed home/business owners were able to avoid looters because they were armed. The looters typically would just simply look for softer targets and move on.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

thanks ks. im going to borrow this. So very true
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

Remember New-Orleans after Katrina. Guns were taken away from law abiding citizens never to be seen again by those pledged to serve & protect.
    This was the New Orleans PD, and they have always had a reputation for doing things their way. The laws have been changed in Louisiana making this kind of action illegal. It was illegal then also, but now the PD has been informed.

As per an article in our local newspaper this AM, out county sheriff in Linn County Oregon, has openly declared that neither he or his deputy force will enforce any actions that restricts my access or ownership of any kind of legal firearms. That declaration is retroactive to January 1 this year. Here is the link!

Linn sheriff says he won't enforce federal gun orders

Just one of many law enforcement officers that are taking the illegal actions of BHO and his cronies to task.
    I agree with the sheriff's statements and will support him in his actions.
    I am a member of the NRA! I am free and want to stay that way.
    In no way do I support the actions of the deranged person in Connecticut. It is not a things that a person in his, or her, right mind would do!
    But let's try and solve the problem and begin by looking at the root of it.
    A gun on the counter at the gun store is no more evil that the kitchen knife on the breakfast counter at home.
    Let's make an effort to stay calm and rational. Do the right thing and think before you act.
    " .02" worth. TKH in Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Dougb View Post
    This was the New Orleans PD, and they have always had a reputation for doing things their way. The laws have been changed in Louisiana making this kind of action illegal. It was illegal then also, but now the PD has been informed.
    It wasn't just the NOPD,Other State and Federal LEO that went to New Orleans to help local LEO's were doing the Gun Grabs including anti gun states like California had sent LEO's and didn't think anybody needed to be armed except LEO's
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Grabbing guns is dangerous, 'cause I'm concerned they may have to grab mine from the...LOUD end.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Links