New Bill working its way through Missouri House

This is a discussion on New Bill working its way through Missouri House within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking...ro/HB0170I.htm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: New Bill working its way through Missouri House

Rule #1. Cardio
    Rule #2. Double Tap

Ok, so what brands of firearms and ammo are made in MO? In other words, what should I start buying?

MJK
    OP...thanks for posting this. I will spread the word and ask my legislators to lend their support to the proposed legislation!
    TX expat, ClutchSR9C and Spirit51 like this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Now THAT is a good bill!
    ClutchSR9C likes this.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

WELL done. I wonder if we can get that here in NH? Bravo MO, hope it passes.

Excellent!

Come on Virginia!
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

I just thought I'd go ahead and post it. This is fanfreakingtastic IMO excellent language that makes us hands off for just about everything firearms related. Good job Missouri Reps!

Section A. Chapter 571, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 571.048, to read as follows:
    571.048. 1. It shall be unlawful for any officer or employee of this state, or any political subdivision, or any federal firearms dealer licensed under 19 U.S.C. Section 923 to enforce or attempt to enforce any act, law, statute, rule, or regulation of the federal government relating to a personal firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in the state of Missouri and that remains exclusively within the boundaries of the state of Missouri.
    2. Any official, agent, or employee of the federal government who enforces or attempts to enforce any act, order, law, statute, rule, or regulation of the federal government upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in the state of Missouri and that remains exclusively within the borders of the state of Missouri shall be guilty of a class D felony.
    3. Any person in violation of a federal law relating to the manufacture, sale, transfer, or possession of a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition owned or manufactured and retained exclusively with the boundaries of the state of Missouri may request the attorney general to defend him or her for such violation.
    4. Any federal law, rule, regulation, or order created or effective on or after January 1, 2013 shall be unenforceable in the state of Missouri if the law, rule, regulation, or order attempts to:
    (1) Ban or restrict ownership of a semi-automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or
    (2) Require any firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.
    ClutchSR9C likes this.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowbait View Post
    I just thought I'd go ahead and post it. This is fanfreakingtastic IMO excellent language that makes us hands off for just about everything firearms related. Good job Missouri Reps!

Section A. Chapter 571, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 571.048, to read as follows:
    571.048. 1. It shall be unlawful for any officer or employee of this state, or any political subdivision, or any federal firearms dealer licensed under 19 U.S.C. Section 923 to enforce or attempt to enforce any act, law, statute, rule, or regulation of the federal government relating to a personal firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in the state of Missouri and that remains exclusively within the boundaries of the state of Missouri.
    2. Any official, agent, or employee of the federal government who enforces or attempts to enforce any act, order, law, statute, rule, or regulation of the federal government upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in the state of Missouri and that remains exclusively within the borders of the state of Missouri shall be guilty of a class D felony.
    3. Any person in violation of a federal law relating to the manufacture, sale, transfer, or possession of a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition owned or manufactured and retained exclusively with the boundaries of the state of Missouri may request the attorney general to defend him or her for such violation.
    4. Any federal law, rule, regulation, or order created or effective on or after January 1, 2013 shall be unenforceable in the state of Missouri if the law, rule, regulation, or order attempts to:
    (1) Ban or restrict ownership of a semi-automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or
    (2) Require any firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.
    Yes it is. Now we need to put pressure on the rest of the House, as well as the Senate and Gov. Nixon and let them know that Missouri voters support this legislation.
    Spirit51 and Crowbait like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I am going to contact my politicans to let them know I support this. Good old Missouri. I knew I moved here for a reason.
    TX expat and ClutchSR9C like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

All of us in missouri need to let our officials we support this. You can bet the anti's that are aware of this bill are writing them asking them to not support this bill. We need to show them we are behind them and support the passing of the bill and it's importance to us.

We need a website like rugers with a form letter showing support for bills like this and links to all our reps so its more enticing for people to contact them to let them know we support this type of legislation.

I don't know of any firearms manufacturers here in MO but if the ones in NY are looking for a place to go...

Beautiful! Kentucky? Kentucky? Do I hear Kentucky?

Actually, did find a representative from Fayette County,Stan Lee (no,not THAT Stan Lee. But wouldn't that be cool?!) here in Kentucky who proposed the following bill on January 11th. (Just a summary.)

HJR32: Declare state sovereignty over powers not given to the federal government by the United States Constitution; demand that the federal government cease mandates beyond constitutionally delegated powers; prohibit federal legislation requiring state passage of laws under threat of penalties or sanctions; direct the Clerk to distribute copies of the Resolution.

Sounds like a good start...
    krisspy and BurgerBoy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I am going to contact my politicans to let them know I support this. Good old Missouri. I knew I moved here for a reason.
    I have been seriously thinking about moving my family to MO...this bill might make our move quicker.

I need to move to MO!
    TX expat, Glock40cal and spektrum like this.

I moved away from MO !

But seriously ... Midway USA is in MO and I pretty much order all my reloading supplies from them.
    Reasonable prices and fast delivery IMO. Give them a try.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links