30 mins and It All May Be Over

This is a discussion on 30 mins and It All May Be Over within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is making me sick the crap he just spewed!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 30 mins and It All May Be Over

This is making me sick the crap he just spewed!

2. Remove Ads

So what were the executive orders he signed?
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Wow! Played up the children thing well. Surrounded by kids while signing the EO's

Wish we could get a list of the 23 Executive Actions he just signed. I'm sure they will be listed somewehere by the end of the day.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    So what were the executive orders he signed?
    I came here to find out that very same thing. Anybody know?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Found them....

•1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
    •2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
    •3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
    •4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
    •5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
    •6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
    •7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
    •8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
    •9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
    •10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
    •11. Nominate an ATF director.
    •12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
    •13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
    •14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
    •15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
    •16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
    •17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
    •18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
    •19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
    •20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
    •21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
    •22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
    •23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

VIP Member
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

So when do we find out what was in the executive orders? What was the point of this whole press conference?

Nvm... thanks expat

Weak.................now the NRA has some basis........go to work.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Not good; but not nearly as bad as I thought.

Other than the shameful backdrop of kids; it appears most of this has to go to congress; which I hope and believe is a good thing.

Congress does need to act quickly; I agree with that. Act quickly to say NO to any new gun restrictions.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyG View Post
    So when do we find out what was in the executive orders? What was the point of this whole press conference?
    The posts directly above yours will tell you.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

•5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

So when a leo disarms a chl holder during a traffic stop/accident etc. they will be able to keep the gun until said person passes a background check? Nice...

I don't see anything here that will unnecessarily inhibit my purchase of a gun or rifle... Assuming that my CCP is sufficient to clear the background check requirement. I would highly suggest others get their permits if they don't have one...

here is WA, we have the Washington Arms Collectors (WAC) that administrates gun shows here and they require membership which requires background checks before becoming a member and meets or exceeds the state background check requirement to purchase weapons... Seems as though we are OK out here in the PNW... at least WA...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Cotton Candy Political Solutions................
    The US Constitution rules.......that's it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links