Power & Money = Results...a Poll

This is a discussion on Power & Money = Results...a Poll within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Before I get to a question for your consideration, allow me a short diatribe. Nobility is all but lost. Honor has entombed itself in greed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Power & Money = Results...a Poll

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

Power & Money = Results...a Poll

Before I get to a question for your consideration, allow me a short diatribe.

Nobility is all but lost.
    Honor has entombed itself in greed
    Freedom is for sale.

QUESTION: If I were to pay you 1 million dollars tax free, would you agree to never touch a gun again? You may not own one. You may not have one in your home.

Now C'mon..No bravado..No flag waving..Honesty.

Me? Yep. I would take the money, move and build a fortress. I would do what the elites do; hire protection.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

2. Remove Ads

No, that isnt that much money anymore.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

One million tax free doesn't really go that far anymore, so no, i would have to refuse.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

VIP Member
    Not with only a million dollars you wouldn't... You could build a decent safe house, but you won't have much left for armed security after you're done, and certainly not armed security for the rest of your lifetime.

My answer is no. I wouldn't take the million dollars.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

There's not enough money that I would ever dispose of the US Constitution and our 2A......for me, you can keep your 1M and I'll keep my freedom......Geeezzzz.
    mkh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    You could build a decent safe house, but you won't have much left for armed security after you're done, and certainly not armed security for the rest of your lifetime.
    This.

I'm saying no. It's hard to predict future prices of firearms and ammunition, but I'm betting that I won't spend even 1/4 of a million dollars on firearms and ammunition in the remainder of my lifetime.

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Ahhh..OK..so it seems the payoff wasn't large enough. LMAO

My point is that money & power is what will win this. It has nothing to do with my rights or yours.
    Most of us would become one of the elite if given the chance.
    Power to the elected officials to remain in office and money for their re-election campaign.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

For a mil, I'd leave this country... move to Mexico, where, while it would be illegal, I could have any weapon I wanted.

Nope... A mil ain't enough.

10X that... We'll talk...
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Ahhh..OK..so it seems the payoff wasn't large enough. LMAO
    If it was enough money to hire private security that would guarantee the safety of me and my family, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, until the day I departed, then yes. But, then there is the recreational aspect of the whole thing. Simply put, I love to shoot. Trading my guns in for a lump some had better yield some kind of hobby that I would enjoy as much as shooting and handling my weapons.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    It's not just about the money, and even if I were to agree to your deal, once I was one of the rich and powerful, I could just hire a good lawer and get out of the contract or legislate that I was now able to own a gun, while the rest of you don't matter.

That was the point of your post, right? That money is power and power corrupts. So if I am corrupted, why would I stick to the agreement. It seems to work well for our current ruling class.
    Walk softly ...

Nope
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? " - Matthew 16:26
    mkh likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Nope! I like my guns and I'm just going to have to find out WHO gave up their guns for a million bucks...I'm gonna' make a fortune.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

No way money to me doesn't dictate my morals or beliefs.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Distinguished Member
    What If I wore gloves? Then I wouldn't actually be touching the gun.

and yes I have spent a lot of time with middle school kids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links