Tsk Tsk ..... Obama doesn't like the NRA commercial

This is a discussion on Tsk Tsk ..... Obama doesn't like the NRA commercial within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I watched the Obama speech today.....typical....A lot of talk and no action. Any action with this administration will probably be in the wrong direction. There ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Tsk Tsk ..... Obama doesn't like the NRA commercial

I watched the Obama speech today.....typical....A lot of talk and no action. Any action with this administration will probably be in the wrong direction. There are a few ideas in there that might help....but most of it was typical feel good, pat on the back stuff that looks good. PS>...I am glad I don't live in New York and I have no future plans on visiting this gun grabbing state!
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

2. Remove Ads

Sometimes (ok, often times) the NRA is it's own worst enemy. Whats with the doomsday graphics and deep, scary monster-man voice. They are really doing a fantastic job as painting themselves as nutjobs. They need to back off the psycho-message just a little. How about a commercial with a nice nerdy dude in a sweater vest talking about facts. That commercial was a step in the wrong direction, no matter how true it actually is.
    Cazadores and diver1102 like this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    He doesn't need guns. He just signed an executive order giving himself secret service protection for life. That's the hypocrisy. The protected telling us what we do and don't need to protect ourselves.
    How about Congress defund the Secret Service as a "budget cut"!
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

NBC has nerve. That's David Gregory's job to interview people.... etc. Is it his job also to commit felonies on the air? He is an elite hypocrite just like the NRA said he is. He is buddy buddy with our hypocrite President. The two are happy together.

The NRA and Wayne LaPierre are not the nut jobs. The mainstream media, Michael Bloomberg, Diane Feinstein, and the likes are the nut jobs. They don't have a clue what they are talking about. Just a bunch of control freaks with an agenda to control the citizens of this country.

Anyone seen the Judge Jenine video about The Journal news lately? You should. We need someone like Judge Jenine to tell Obama how it really is.

Judge Jeanine Pirro Exposes Journal News Outing her as Gun Owner! MUST WATCH!
    PAPADALE1 likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Seems to me we used the genteel method trying to win the white house. Guess its not so effective. N.R.A good on ya!!!!!!

Rich
    carracer likes this.

Any links to the commercial? Dont watch much tv with all the gun violence portrayed on it.
    kerberos likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    For those who object to the NRA "using" kids, do you not object just as vigorously against the president also using the four kids for his purposes?
    cmdrdredd and PAPADALE1 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The old saying, if you think you are in a fair fight, you better check your tactics. I don't really care how down and dirty the NRA
    gets.....as long as they come to win.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

If it weren't for his executive priviliges, he himself and his puppet would be felons.. most law abiding citizens and the slain border patrol officers family didn't like it either. He thumbed his nose at all of us with no regard to the law. Tough luck Barry.
    Last edited by paching; January 16th, 2013 at 11:58 PM.
    BugDude likes this.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

I feel like it was pretty brave of an organization to take such a public stance concerning a sitting president.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

The main problem that I have with the commercial is that most people are missing the point of it. A majority of the comments on the various news websites that I've seen think that the NRA is talking about the Secret Service protecting Obama's kids. They have no idea that the school they attend has armed guards that protect all of their students.
    tkruf and carracer like this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    I'll address the commercial and the issue brought up at the beginning. NO, his kids are NOT more important than mine, especially to me. Nor will they ever be.

Re: Tsk Tsk ..... Obama doesn't like the NRA commercial

This ad misses the point, as rhe NRA so often does. This is not a partisan identity issue and this message derails when tax policy and partisan pandering come into play.

This is a debate about what we want our society to be, how we want to live. This isn't about protecting your kids with your guns or secret service protection for his, it is about two very different views of American society, and how private firearm ownership represents something deeply engrained in our culture.

It is about our right to travel freely without checkpoints and silly laws under the guise of keeping us safe, our right to choose, right to be responsible or pay the consequences. It is about government which exists to increase liberty and defend the presumption of innocence among citizens, rather than restrict it based on a certain subset's opinion of others legitimate need.

Now, again, the NRA paints me as an irrational, scared relic hiding behind my guns.

Remember the facts, the ones we use to defend the second ammendment? The ones proving how safe we are here in the United States, how our kids are safer today than they have been in decades? How incredibly rare it is someone is assaulted with an "assault rifle?" How is this ad helping me? How is it cutting to the core of what I believe, describing my view of the America I want to live in, the one where I hand down the pride and freedom represented by firearm ownership, the society where individual responsibility and rights are not only protected but encouraged?

This ad only makes me question my support of the NRA.
    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

BugDude and pittypat21 like this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links