Tsk Tsk ..... Obama doesn't like the NRA commercial - Page 3

Tsk Tsk ..... Obama doesn't like the NRA commercial

This is a discussion on Tsk Tsk ..... Obama doesn't like the NRA commercial within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Remember, the daughters of George W. Bush were hounded by the media. You may say "that wasn't political in nature" but I could respond with ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Tsk Tsk ..... Obama doesn't like the NRA commercial

Remember, the daughters of George W. Bush were hounded by the media.

You may say "that wasn't political in nature" but I could respond with "it was used to show the president as a man incapable of guiding his family properly thus showing he was unfit to lead the country" The connection was made many times over the years.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Despots so love surrounding themselves with children to disguise their nature.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Pro-gun folks will agree with the ad, anti-gun folks will find it an excuse to be offended. If the intent is to win more people over to the pro-gun side, it will be a complete failure, and in fact do more harm than good. I don't think the ad should run. Given that Obama's EOs (or EAs, whatever they are) have turned out to be little more than fluff, and the chance of any significant gun control laws making it through congress slim to none, no need to stir the pot. Keep the messages positive... gun safety training, education... the sort of thing that the NRA does well, and in fact some of the same things Obama's EOs call for.

Taking an adversarial position like the ad does is exactly the WRONG thing to do. Right now the NRA needs to jump on the things from Obama's EOs that they agree on and acknowledge the prez for taking their suggestions and putting them into practice.
    Cazadores likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I don't like it either... it's STUPID.

^^^^^^^^^^Huh?????^^^^^^

All is fair in love and war.
    Stupid is not using your opponents tactics to your advantage.
    It is a simple message, that cuts to the heart of the matter, and shows how elitist the wealthy and the hired help have become in this country, and it always appears as though the problem emanates from either coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    There are many ways to play the game. Kirk Maltby was a famous agitator for the Red Wings. His verbal assault and tenacious fore checking used to get under other player's skin and take them off their game. If it makes the antis mad, I'm o.k. with it. I think most of us will articulate a more genteel approach...not that I believe it will yield a different result. They hate us for what we believe not for how we make our point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movingman View Post
    His kids are off limits, but he can march kids on stage and try to use them to sway American opinion. Silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    But it was OK to use other people's children during today's announcement?
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    It’s no more repugnant than HIM standing on the graves of 20 children to push HIS agenda.

^^^^I'm in this camp here^^^^^^^^^
    Funny how some people cry when you use the same manuevers they do and do it better.
    Last edited by oneshot; January 16th, 2013 at 06:56 PM.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    I feel like it was pretty brave of an organization to take such a public stance concerning a sitting president.
    Sometimes things that are incredibly brave and also incredibly stupid.

Personally I think it is fair game to prove a point, but in reality it will not help any. It won't win any antis over...but then again, I doubt the intention was to win anyone over either.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Re: Tsk Tsk ..... Obama doesn't like the NRA commercial

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    ... but in reality it will not help any. It won't win any antis over...but then again, I doubt the intention was to win anyone over either.
    Then, why waste my money on it?

We need to win over everybody we possibly can.... PERIOD.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I like the ad. The president's hypocrisy is the 600 lb gorilla in the room and it's about time someone pointed it out. They are the ELITE and will crap on you without regard. They are liars. That's what the ad is about. It darn well better have a somber voice and be somewhat "dark" since the subject is our kids dying. For those of you who don't like the ad, I suggest you get used to it, as I see more of the same coming from the NRA. And about time.

This ad got into Obama's head and that is a good thing.

Well we know nice doesn't work, let's try mean. It works for Obama. We need a huge ad campaign in this country to push the other way. We need to stop fighting nice. Make the other fighter mad, they make mistakes. The fact Obama didn't take it well shows his actual insecurity.
    tony1990, zonker1986 and RichB70 like this.

Then, why waste my money on it?

We need to win over everybody we possibly can.... PERIOD.
    That ad was not intended to win ANTIs over. It is geared more towards the fence riders who are for the most part uninformed and likely don't own a gun. They are easily influenced by the political anti-gun dog and pony show, but pointing out the hypocrisy makes them stop for a second and say, "Well, that doesn't seem right."
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by uberrogue View Post
    Any links to the commercial? Dont watch much tv with all the gun violence portrayed on it.
    It's on the NRA home page: NRA.org.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    I like the ad. The president's hypocrisy is the 600 lb gorilla in the room and it's about time someone pointed it out. They are the ELITE and will crap on you without regard. They are liars. That's what the ad is about. It darn well better have a somber voice and be somewhat "dark" since the subject is our kids dying. For those of you who don't like the ad, I suggest you get used to it, as I see more of the same coming from the NRA. And about time.

This ad got into Obama's head and that is a good thing.
    Yeah it got into his head, and I love that. He is pissed that someone had the gall to take a swipe at him. After the 5 years of softball media questions and coverage, and the nice guy campaign that Romney ran, it's about time someone pointed out how assinine some of the things he says are.
    RichB70 likes this.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Itís no more repugnant than HIM standing on the graves of 20 children to push HIS agenda.
    "Like" this ^^^^^many times over!

I seem to remember Obama saying that his kids, wife and his ears were off limits. Nothing about other peoples kids, wives and their ears, when he first took office.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I think that was the idea.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

I don't like it either... it's STUPID.
    Why?
    NRA Life Member

GOA Member

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links