GOA spokesperson Erich Pratt takes it to MSNBC interviewer

This is a discussion on GOA spokesperson Erich Pratt takes it to MSNBC interviewer within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Very good interview with Mr. Pratt. He does a great job of shutting down Andrea Mitchell at every turn....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: GOA spokesperson Erich Pratt takes it to MSNBC interviewer

VIP Member

Very good interview with Mr. Pratt. He does a great job of shutting down Andrea Mitchell at every turn.

NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

RIGHT ON!

Punish those who abuse the right. We don't gag people before going to the theater. Don't punish people before they commit a crime.

I will add that she comes off as a complete idiot.
    bigsky109 likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

VIP Member
    I was very glad to see him stand up for the NRA as far as their "commercial" goes. It's very easy for us to "divide" when it becomes convenient. I'm glad to see that these two 2A groups are staying focused on the common goal and not looking to gain an edge by infighting.
    NRA Life Member

Again "Why does anyone need an AR-15"

why do you need to get your hair done? Drive a BMW? Why do you need to drink a $10 latte in the morning? Oh that's right...you don't but you choose to!

"You can't hunt with them..."

Actually you can, in many states a 5 round magazine is legal for deer hunting provided you use an appropriate caliber. Not every AR-15 is chambered for .223, many owners chamber it for .308 which is a very common hunting caliber among other calibers which are legal for hunting in many states
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Again "Why does anyone need an AR-15"

why do you need to get your hair done? Drive a BMW? Why do you need to drink a $10 latte in the morning? Oh that's right...you don't but you choose to!

"You can't hunt with them..."

Actually you can, in many states a 5 round magazine is legal for deer hunting provided you use an appropriate caliber. Not every AR-15 is chambered for .223, many owners chamber it for .308 which is a very common hunting caliber among other calibers which are legal for hunting in many states
    Yeah, you can't hunt with them... Tell that to the pigs I dropped the last time I was in Texas! Those piggies may have preferred that I not hunt with one, but they don't get a say in the matter and neither does she.
    Darrow75, airslot and waynesan like this.
    NRA Life Member

I've been very impressed with the GOA spokesmen I've seen on TV. Even more so than the NRA spokesmen and I'm a Lifetime Member of that organization.

The GOA representatives are clear, concise and assertive. I'm going to join and/or send them a donation right now.
    TX expat and cmdrdredd like this.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Some people need to be slapped and told to stop interrupting when the discussion doesn't go as planned.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltman 77 View Post
    I've been very impressed with the GOA spokesmen I've seen on TV. Even more so than the NRA spokesmen and I'm a Lifetime Member of that organization.

The GOA representatives are clear, concise and assertive. I'm going to join and/or send them a donation right now.
    If I wasn't already a member, I'd join them after seeing that interview.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Some people need to be slapped and told to stop interrupting when the discussion doesn't go as planned.
    I see you've met my boss...
    Darrow75 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    He did a good job. I just bought a lot of memberships to the GOA (NRA & SAF also) for family members, I'm glad I did.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Just joined GOA and donated an additional $100.00.

Last month I sent the NRA a $250.00 donation and sent them another one last week. Of course I've written my elected officials several times too.

I believe we can stop this gun grabbing madness.

PS

I just have to add that I think Andwea Mitchwell is a communist *****.
    TX expat and ppkheat like this.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Wow, he tore her a new corn-chute.
    Never get out of the boat....

VIP Member
    He stayed calm, she looked like she was boiling inside.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I liked the quote, "We have a Bill of Rights, not a Bill of Needs." It's a great line to remember and use!

Excellent job. Andrea definitely had her agenda ready, and it wasn't one of an open minded journalist. Erich's logical, factual, and calm responses totally disarmed her. I liked too how Erich chipped away at the image of AR's being assault weapons owned only by gun nuts.

Is anyone pointing out that the very weapons being discussed for a future ban are the same weapons that the folks responding to a 911 call show up with? The idea that these weapons, or the magazines that give them that evil 11th round, are for the battlefield only is ludicrous, even when we're not talking 2A.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links