900 people died in the last 30 days from guns says Obama

This is a discussion on 900 people died in the last 30 days from guns says Obama within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by QKShooter Approximately 3,000 Men, Women, & Children are killed in hippopotamus attacks in Africa every year. Mostly women and children. I know ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: 900 people died in the last 30 days from guns says Obama

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Approximately 3,000 Men, Women, & Children are killed in hippopotamus attacks in Africa every year.
    Mostly women and children.
    I know it's not funny, but for some reason that made lol. I can just see liberals demanding they do something about the hippopotamus violence.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I saw where one of the northerly states was now talking about banning pitbulls. I guess they are now "Assault Dogs?" Are they going to ban all dogs over 7 pounds? I mean, nobody really NEEDS a dog, eventhough they can be effective security.

Where does this line of thinking stop?
    I have been assaulted more times by a pit bull than a gun. There probably are more people assaulted by dogs than guns in the US. Fortunately for me, my .357 mag ended the assault. And no, I don't think there should be a ban on pit bulls.

Hey he has to sell this crap anyway he can. So think of it as false advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Approximately 3,000 Men, Women, & Children are killed in hippopotamus attacks in Africa every year.
    Mostly women and children.
    Yeah, but are they assault hippos?
    smolck likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 383 View Post
    I wonder how many of those 900 were in cities like Chicago or DC with their tight gun control, or in gun free zones?
    He must have also included the other bastions of gun free safety; New York, LA, and San Francisco.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by NiceAsh View Post
    I wonder how the Child Abuse Advocates feel about this single minded focus.
    Good point, since murders / homicides of children are 99.99% of the time committed by parents.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Well, he's know for making up numbers, like all Dem's seem to do ..... I doubt that the numbers are accurate at all. But then, with the way it's going in Chicago............................
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    King Obama today said in his little speech that 900 people have died at the muzzle of a gun since the Sandy Hook incident (some 30 days) and cited it as a reason for more laws. Well, I did some research I thought I'd share with all of you to cite to your anti-gun friends (or foes).

According to 2011 statistics in the last 30 days:

1,441,666 people died from cardio vascular diseases of some form

383,333 people died from diabetes

133,055 people died from cancer

3,123 people died from drug overdoses

2,692 people died from traffic accidents

852 people died in drunk driving incidents

So really, the liberals could care LESS about the U.S. public. If they did they would be banning hearts, sugar, cancer, drugs (oh wait, they ARE banned), cars and alcohol. Pfft, 900 gun deaths make up less than .001% of the total deaths from just these 6 categories. And they wonder why we question "gun legislation" and their claim they are saving innocent lives.
    His teleprompter was acting up. What he meant to say was 1MoreGoodGuy has personally signed up 900 new NRA life members since the Sandy Hook incident.
    1MoreGoodGuy and DRM like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    So really, the liberals could care LESS about the U.S. public.
    Every time you make a blanket statement like this god kills a kitten.
    Snub44, Doghandler and smolck like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Obama translation...Americans should give up their freedoms and liberties and let the government provide safety and security. How un-American and foolishly idealistic.

Yea what he failed to mention is its 900 worldwide including Syria

I saw where one of the northerly states was now talking about banning pitbulls. I guess they are now "Assault Dogs?" Are they going to ban all dogs over 7 pounds? I mean, nobody really NEEDS a dog, eventhough they can be effective security.

Where does this line of thinking stop?
    Pitbulls are outlawed in miami-dade county florida. I don't agree 100% but I didn't have a chance to vote on it as I'm in not in that county.

It's typical though, a few people make something look terrible and you have politicians calling for an outright ban. "If we don't like it, you shouldn't have it!"

What happened to punishing the owners who are irresponsible severely. I'm not talking the slap on the wrist fines and probation and community service either.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I know it's not funny, but for some reason that made lol. I can just see liberals demanding they do something about the hippopotamus violence.
    Maybe if Africa had a concealed/open carry law these numbers would be lower? tung.gif
    The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    More people are killed by falling coconuts worldwide than from lightning. No one has suggested banning either.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Every time you make a blanket statement like this god kills a kitten.
    You are going to get into soooo much trouble for that one.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links