New York State Police-- List of Assault Weapons

This is a discussion on New York State Police-- List of Assault Weapons within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by gunslingergirl Shows how stupid they are - my Draco AK47 "Pistol" isn't listed. So I guess I can build a 7 round ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: New York State Police-- List of Assault Weapons

Quote Originally Posted by gunslingergirl View Post
    Shows how stupid they are - my Draco AK47 "Pistol" isn't listed. So I guess I can build a 7 round magazine and take it to NY and they can KMA. :)
    They'll take it from you, and you can whine to the courts for the duration (however long that ends up being). And if you request getting it back prior to such investigation being completed, you'll be told to KMNYA.

You've heard of "Japanese inspections," right? Well, there's getting to be more and more justification for a new euphemism ... "NY inspections."

Funny how it works, in a place where they know what's best for you.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Kel Tec should ship all KSG shotguns and RFB rifles to New York. I wish every manufacturer would not sell another gun to NY, nor should they let any New York officer Into any armor schools. etc..........NO Parts maker should ever sell another part to a NY police Department.
    If I'm not mistaken, Ronnie Barrett refuses to sell any of his weapons to any California law enforcement agency because of similar circumstances. Especially any of his .50 cal sniper rifles. Since his AR rifle is on the list, I hope he does the same thing to New York state.

I noticed not only are Ruger's Mini-14's and Mini-Thirty's are not on the list, but neither are Springfield M1A's or any of the M-14 variants. However, I'm sure it's just an oversight. It states right there, the list is not all inclusive. That's just all the nasty guns they could think of off the top of their heads that day. I'm predicting the size of that list will be doubled in a months time.

Also notice that people who already own those weapons are not allowed to sell or transfer them to anyone else! So your options are to turn them in and take a huge financial loss, or you have one year to register them! After that, you're an instant criminal subject to a nice lengthy prison term.

Not only would I never live in New York, but now I'll never step one foot in that Commie state for a vacation. I will also be looking closely to any products I buy that comes from New York. If I could possibly avoid sending any of my money to New York, I will. That may not be possible for everything I buy, but I am forever more going to be checking closely for items made in New York or bought from a company or store located in New York. If there's an alternative, I'll opt for doing business outside of that freaking state.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Idiocy at its finest! I suggest that Second Amendment supporters in New York follow Ronald Reagan's advice and "vote with their feet", leaving that state to rot in its corrupt political manure.

Some of those shotguns only hold 5 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by TXTIGR View Post
    Some of those shotguns only hold 5 rounds.
    It's not about the guns!

It's about "people control."
    zacii likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

Not only would I never live in New York, but now I'll never step one foot in that Commie state for a vacation. I will also be looking closely to any products I buy that comes from New York. If I could possibly avoid sending any of my money to New York, I will. That may not be possible for everything I buy, but I am forever more going to be checking closely for items made in New York or bought from a company or store located in New York. If there's an alternative, I'll opt for doing business outside of that freaking state.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ +1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Why are new yorkers taking this ?
    If new york does not stand up today < we will all follow suite !
    Mouths full of poop !

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Ronnie Barrett refuses to sell any of his weapons to any California law enforcement agency because of similar circumstances. Especially any of his .50 cal sniper rifles. Since his AR rifle is on the list, I hope he does the same thing to New York state.

I noticed not only are Ruger's Mini-14's and Mini-Thirty's are not on the list, but neither are Springfield M1A's or any of the M-14 variants. However, I'm sure it's just an oversight. It states right there, the list is not all inclusive. That's just all the nasty guns they could think of off the top of their heads that day. I'm predicting the size of that list will be doubled in a months time.

Also notice that people who already own those weapons are not allowed to sell or transfer them to anyone else! So your options are to turn them in and take a huge financial loss, or you have one year to register them! After that, you're an instant criminal subject to a nice lengthy prison term.

WE ARE BEING DIVIDED !
    WE NEED TO LOOK FOR MORE SOUND SOLUTIONS AS APPOSED TO " BANNING " WEAPONS < PEOPLE OR EVEN AN AMERICAN STATE !
    STOP PLACING BLAME < AND FINDING FAULT <
    Start looking for solutions , for a bigger stronger America !
    I SUGGEST LOOKING AT WHO CONTROLS OUR MOFIA MEDIA !
    HOW IS IT THAT 2% OF THE STATES POPULATION CAN CONTROL 96% OF THE TOTAL MEDIA ?
    98% OF THE BANKING SYSTEM < THE FEDERAL RESERVE IS RUN BY ?
    HOW IS IT POSSIBLE WE DO NOT HAVE A NAME AND A FACE FOR AMERICAN CURRENCY AND WHO SETS TH RATE OF INFLATION ?

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Shall not be infringed... there is a UBER ULTRA strong possibility this is going to the Supreme Court very soon.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Here's the biggest irony in my opinion. The SKS and M1 aren't listed, and Cuomo apparently doesn't realize that either will kill a bigger "deah" than an AR-15. And what about the Ruger Mini-30? Yet there are some "mean looking" 22lr rifles that made the list.

This stupidity shows how little these people understand about guns.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

The SKS is not a variant of the AK-47 but they are listing Norinco, Izhevsk Factory -Russia, and Tula Armory -Russia as manufacturers that are banned.
    I wonder if they are implying that SKS rifles are included since they were built in these armories ?

They missed my Ruger bearcats.
    Cherokee Slim
    NRA, SASS #72605, ROII, WBRO, Ocoee Rangers, Tennessee Mountain Maurauders. Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Shall not be infringed... there is a UBER ULTRA strong possibility this is going to the Supreme Court very soon.
    Perhaps you're right. SCOTUS all but guaranteed setting this path to infringement in concrete when they specifically stated the ruling did not imply curtailments and limitations wouldn't be considered in future. Well, now that such has happened in NY and is being proposed in DC, the "decided later" timeline has quickly become "now."

Well have to see, but it wouldn't surprise me if the SAF and NRA were to do exactly what you're suggesting.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; January 17th, 2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    Bark'n likes this.

So uh, the new laws address magazine capacities right?. Technically speaking, belts are not magazines Maybe it's time for New Yorkers to invest in some semi-auto M60's

State of New York
    Senate Bill # 2230
    Assembly Bill # A02388
    Accepted/voted on 1-14-2013
    Signed by governor 1-16-2013
    Named: NY SAFE Act (Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act)
    Effect: Gives the state of New York the toughest gun laws in the nation.
    Effective as of: Immediately, except key sections in 60 days.

Full text (ugly format): SB 2230 / AB A02388.

Somewhat nicer format of the NY PC Article 265 provisions of the bill (including the AWB portion): NY Penal Law, Article 265 - Firearms and Other Dangerous Weapons.

Governor Cuomo's announcement: signs SAFE Act in Rochester on 1-16-2013.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links