Joe Biden Needs My Help

Joe Biden Needs My Help

This is a discussion on Joe Biden Needs My Help within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just received this email: "If not now, when? From: "Vice President Joe Biden, The White House" <info@messages.whitehouse.gov> Hello -- Today President Obama announced a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Joe Biden Needs My Help

VIP Member

Joe Biden Needs My Help

I just received this email:

"If not now, when?

From: "Vice President Joe Biden, The White House" <info@messages.whitehouse.gov>
    Hello --

Today President Obama announced a plan to help protect our kids and communities from gun violence. You're going to hear a lot about it, but I wanted to make sure you got a chance to get the facts, straight from me.

After hearing from Americans from across the political spectrum, we decided to focus on some key priorities: closing background check loopholes, banning military-style assault weapons, making our schools safer, and increasing access to mental health services.

The ideas we sent to President Obama are straightforward. Each of them honors the rights of law-abiding, responsible Americans to bear arms. Some of them will require action from Congress; the President is acting on others immediately. But they're all commonsense and will help make us a little safer.

Now is the time for all of us to act.

Read about the events that brought us to this point, learn about the plan we've proposed to help protect our kids, and then add your name in support to help build momentum for this plan.

Here's what we've put together:

We're calling for requiring background checks for all gun sales and closing the loopholes that allow dangerous individuals to make their purchase without going through one of these checks.

We're asking for a new, stronger ban on military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines that allow a shooter to fire dozens of bullets as quickly as he can pull a trigger. And we're asking Congress to help protect law enforcement by make it illegal for members of the public to possess armor-piercing bullets.

We're going to give law enforcement more tools and resources to prevent and prosecute gun crimes, and we're going to end the freeze on gun violence research that prevents the Center from Disease Control from looking at the causes of gun violence.

We're calling on Congress to help make schools safer by putting up to 1,000 school resource officers and mental health professionals in schools and ensuring they have comprehensive emergency management plans in place.

And we're going to increase coverage so that students and young adults can get access to the mental health treatment they may need.

We know that no policy we enact or law we enforce can prevent every senseless act of violence in our country. But if we can save the life of even one child, we have a deep responsibility to act.

Now is the time to come together to protect our kids. Learn about the plan, then add your name alongside mine:

Now is the time | The White House

Thanks,

Vice President Joe Biden"
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    I think by "help" he means a double scotch, preferably a nice single malt but he'll take whatever you happen to have.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I attempted to email back but the mailbox is not monitored. Then i tried the "contact us" link and conveniently the site is undergoing maintenance.

Anyway here is what I tried to respond with. If you agree feel free to use it. Ill try to resend it tomorrow.

The answer to your question of "If not now, when?" is very simple- the when is WHEN YOU CAN ISSUE EVERY SINGLE CITIZEN AN ARMED OFFICIAL TO PROTECT US. We want the same protections you and King Barack are afforded. Since that is obviously not feasable, I will continue to protect my own family using my lawfully acquired weapons-and yes that includes the "big bad military style assault weapons" you continue to demonize. This is absolutely not about keeping our kids safe. If it was, you would be protecting kids from car accidents, drug overdoses, abusive parents, household chemicals, and drowning- all of which kill more kids every single year than these big bad assault weapons. This movement is nothing more than a power grab from the leftists who support a large government with complete control of the people. We the People- the good people of America who truly want a better place for our children to live- will not support your bold, unconstitutional power grab.

Thank you,
    "my name"

Wow...you're on "The List."
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Or he wants to help one of the new ladies on the hill with her pecks as covered by the media as he brushes her check ( NBC NEWS)

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Wow...you're on "The List."
    The list of patriotic Americans!
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

I got the same email. I went to the site and that's why I posted this:
    Details on Obama's plan

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
    I attempted to email back but the mailbox is not monitored. Then i tried the "contact us" link and conveniently the site is undergoing maintenance.

Anyway here is what I tried to respond with. If you agree feel free to use it. Ill try to resend it tomorrow.

The answer to your question of "If not now, when?" is very simple- the when is WHEN YOU CAN ISSUE EVERY SINGLE CITIZEN AN ARMED OFFICIAL TO PROTECT US. We want the same protections you and King Barack are afforded. Since that is obviously not feasable, I will continue to protect my own family using my lawfully acquired weapons-and yes that includes the "big bad military style assault weapons" you continue to demonize. This is absolutely not about keeping our kids safe. If it was, you would be protecting kids from car accidents, drug overdoses, abusive parents, household chemicals, and drowning- all of which kill more kids every single year than these big bad assault weapons. This movement is nothing more than a power grab from the leftists who support a large government with complete control of the people. We the People- the good people of America who truly want a better place for our children to live- will not support your bold, unconstitutional power grab.

Thank you,
    "my name"
    I hope your email response gets through. It won't make any difference but at least he'll know that this trash isn't supported by everyone.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Only 1000 SROs? Im sure we have more than 1000 schools in this country.. he must mean 1000 SROs at the school King O's kids goto.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Sure he needs our help. But clues can be expensive.
    mkh likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Joe need all the help he can get especially from the medical profession
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by uberrogue View Post
    Only 1000 SROs? Im sure we have more than 1000 schools in this country.. he must mean 1000 SROs at the school King O's kids goto.
    We have ~130K K-12 schools. 1000 new security-related staff won't go far at all.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Sure he needs our help.
    Without the consent of the citizens, tyranny can get awfully expensive. Yes ... he does need our help to infringe our own rights. 'Cause without our help he'd be seen as just another ... Well, we all get the picture.
    SpringerXD likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I'm bothered by the fact that what they have proposed is worthless in preventing more school shootings; I'm also bothered by the fact that more school shootings will drive more emotion toward more gun control.

Do any of you get the same vibes I'm feeling? Surely I'm wrong about this?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Yeah i got that email too. Made me chuckle how he said he wanted me to hear the facts from him first. guy is so full of it, heh wouldn't know what a fact was if it hit him in the face.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links