The one word to look out for...

This is a discussion on The one word to look out for... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; All the anti-gun people use it. "but" As in, "I'm all for the 2nd Amendment, BUT..." It'll getcha every time...be on the lookout. Some Senators, ...

Thread: The one word to look out for...

The one word to look out for...

All the anti-gun people use it.

"but"

As in, "I'm all for the 2nd Amendment, BUT..."

It'll getcha every time...be on the lookout.

Some Senators, maybe in an attempt to confuse some uneducated people like myself, replace but with a BIGGER word, "However"
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

2. Remove Ads

Re: The one word to look out for...

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    All the anti-gun people use it.

"but"

As in, "I'm all for the 2nd Amendment, BUT..."

It'll getcha every time...be on the lookout.

Some Senators, maybe in an attempt to confuse some uneducated people like myself, replace but with a BIGGER word, "However"
    Truer words...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

"Some Senators, maybe in an attempt to confuse some uneducated people like myself, replace but with a BIGGER word, "However"

I do believe this is the most common word they use. It lets them off the hook no matter what they vote for.

MJK
    Here's an obfuscation by Senator Claire McCaskill which uses neither of those words. I am incensed by her response to my letter!

"I firmly believe that an attempt to promote appropriate gun safety measures can be done without infringing upon law-abiding citizens' right to own firearms or unduly burdening the hunting and sportsmanship culture of Missouri. Weapons designed primarily for the use of soldiers to kill people in war are not used in hunting and can be reasonably limited without jeopardizing any rights under the Second Amendment. I believe the horror of the Newtown shootings makes clear that we must get to work protecting our communities and our children from mass slaughter, while also protecting our Second Amendment rights. I am hopeful that the National Rifle Association, a significant voice in this discussion, will be a constructive part of this dialogue.

Even as I welcome this reneweddebate, please knowthat I will continue to protect the Second Amendment Rights of law-abiding citizens to safely own and use appropriate firearms. In the past, I have voted to permit residents of the District of Columbia to own and purchase firearms. I also supported an amendment to a spending bill that would prevent funding for any international organization,including the United Nations, that places a tax on any firearm owned by a United States citizen. I have opposed other inappropriate measures, such as forcing Missouri to accept other states' firearms laws.

As your United States Senator, I will keep your thoughts in mind anytime Congress considers gun-related legislation."
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

They like, big, BUTs, all they do is lie,
    You Obama lover's can't deny,
    When a nut makes the news and you're asked to explain,
    Common sense says they're insane,
    You cry "guns!"

Why does McCaskill and other Sernators ALWAYS invoke the 'military style" stuff? I served in the Air Force AND Army. I have been out a while, but can ANYONE tell me if the military has gone to semi-auto ONLY weapons in the standard rifle? Am I confused??? Because if not, I wanna know where I can get an M4 with a selector that switches to 'burst'
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Links