President Obamas Executive Actions

This is a discussion on President Obamas Executive Actions within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; They all have me concerned but this one has me especially concerned. First it has to do with the AG making any decisions and it ...

Thread: President Obamas Executive Actions

They all have me concerned but this one has me especially concerned. First it has to do with the AG making any decisions and it seems very vague to me. What do you think?

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

So this guy is going to decide who should be prohibited from having guns? Something wrong here?

Why would you think any of President Obama's executive orders are in the best interest of law abiding citizens or will really solve what needs solving.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

fair point crowman
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Why would you think any of President Obama's executive orders are in the best interest of law abiding citizens or will really solve what needs solving.
    the OP basically said in the first sentence that he doesn't think that.

as far as number 4 goes, Holder's office can't really do much other than react or advise. that's not to say he won't use authority he doesn't have but in the end, he's an attorney who works for and advises the president. I read that to mean "tell me how far I can go with these or additional gun EO's without SCOTUS repercussions".

Links