Why "assault Weapons" Purely Emotional & Political

This is a discussion on Why "assault Weapons" Purely Emotional & Political within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Why "assault Weapons" Purly Emotional & Political. Based on these statistics they are targeting the least likely to use guns to be used and these ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Why "assault Weapons" Purely Emotional & Political

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

Why "assault Weapons" Purely Emotional & Political

Why "assault Weapons" Purly Emotional & Political. Based on these statistics they are targeting the least likely to use guns to be used and these #s do not differentiate between good and bad shootings. Like to know more about what "other" is tho.

Capture.JPG
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Why "assault Weapons" Purly Emotional & Political. Based on these statistics they are targeting the least likely to use guns to be used and these #s do not differentiate between good and bad shootings. Like to know more about what "other" is tho.

Capture.JPG
    So, should the move be to ban handguns?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    So, should the move be to ban handguns?
    Kinda what I have been asking myself. If we keep saying how much "worse" handguns are in terms of total firearms deaths, will they just switch their focus?
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheConcealer View Post
    Kinda what I have been asking myself. If we keep saying how much "worse" handguns are in terms of total firearms deaths, will they just switch their focus?
    The Law of Unintended Consequences is always alive and well. And how many of those handgun deaths were from those evil hi-capacity black pistols?
    Tuco

VIP Member
    If we have rifles, handguns and shotguns on the list, what is the 20% called "other"?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    If we have rifles, handguns and shotguns on the list, what is the 20% called "other"?
    Unspecified, most likely.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    Tuco

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I know the narrative can always change, but the antis who want to ban "assault rifles" always stick by handguns as being used for self defense and something protected by the 2A. If only they could be more consistent with their "thinking".
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Crew-served.
    pittypat21 and atctimmy like this.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    I wonder that as well. Maybe cross-bows? Should ban arrows maybe?
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

The other is usually unspecified. And I think the reason they are focusing on "assault rifles" is because the supreme court has twice upheld that banning handguns would be unconstitutional. They'll take whatever they can get...
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    I know the narrative can always change, but the antis who want to ban "assault rifles" always stick by handguns as being used for self defense and something protected by the 2A. If only they could be more consistent with their "thinking".
    As long as they don't hold more than x number of rounds.
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    Crew-served.
    Nice!

But seriously, I look in my safe and all I see are rifles, shotguns and handguns. I do have a muzzle loader in there. Could that be part of the 20%? Not a very big part I'd guess.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I look in my safe and all I see are rifles, shotguns and handguns.
    Sounds like you have some purchases yet to make. Ma Deuce can't wait forever!

The Antis up high in the pecking order know that the "Evil Black Rifles" are effective against tyrants. Handguns are completely useless in a battlefield situation unless at extreme close quarters.

Thus, get rid of the weapons a tyrant is most likely to face, because, gosh darn it, those pesky revolts against tyranny many times ends up with the imprisonment of (or worse) of the ones backing the tyrants.

Do not fear, though, if they are successful with semi auto lookalikes of fully auto military grade weapons, they will then turn their full attention on handguns. Tyranny cannot remain when an armed populace can throw it off.
    SigPapa226 likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

I agree with lordofwyr.

They feel that they have the most support of the public to ban black, scary, assault weapons using Sandy Hook & Aurora as examples.

Once they have banned "Assault Rifles" & similar long guns, they will be coming for everything else.

Death by a thousand cute - try an ban the easiest thing to get it out of the way without too much resistance, and then work on the next item.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links