Is Obama pulling doctors into gun control?

This is a discussion on Is Obama pulling doctors into gun control? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As a physician, I am insulted that Obama would think that doctors will be forced to function as pawns in his gun control agenda. In ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Is Obama pulling doctors into gun control?

As a physician, I am insulted that Obama would think that doctors will be forced to function as pawns in his gun control agenda. In my many years as a medical professional, I have never asked a patient about their gun ownership, primarily as it is none of my business.
    I would encourage all that are asked by a medical professional about their gun ownership to feel comfortable in replying, "Whether or not I own guns is immaterial to my medical care, and quite frankly, is none of your business.".
    I will speak not only for myself but many other close physician colleagues in saying that we do not and will not support a medical inquisition as to gun ownership.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Thank you. That would be my answer as well. Not sure how polite I'd be, but I'd try.
    JIm

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I like my doctor, he has taken very good care of me for many years. I can't believe he would ask, but if he does I'll just say I don't own any guns, do you?
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Considering that most physicians make a fair paycheck (payback for the hell of med school and residency), and remembering who Der Furher has targeted to tax the hardest, I don't reckon too many docs are in a hurry to help him out.

Mods, if you gotta ding me for the reference I understand.

But I ain't a bit sorry.

Administrator
    I know that my own family Doctor (a truly fantastic professional physician) would never rat me out.

PREDICTION. I think that our country is going to lose some of its best, brightest, & most talented Doctors because they will be unable to cope with the aggravation of O'Care.

It promises to be a nightmare scenario for Doctors.
    DocT65 and Bark'n like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I know that my own family Doctor (a truly fantastic professional physician) would never rat me out.

PREDICTION. I think that our country is going to lose some of its best, brightest, & most talented Doctors because they will be unable to cope with the aggravation of O'Care.
    Or young talent will go into a different profession.
    QKShooter likes this.

10-4 on your prediction.
    QKShooter likes this.

Flight Surgeon, USAF

NRA Patron Member

VIP Member
    Many other ugly things will change with o care
    Bark'n likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    YES he is... PERIOD

He is chipping away...
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Once the fed started forcing doctors to go electronic I said (and many thought I was wearing my tin foil hat) that it would eventually lead to government keeping track of all kinds of things not just guns and mining the info to put people on the prohibited list.

As a result I have not told a doctor the truth about most things in about 20 years, if you ask my doctor I have never used tobacco, have never consumed alcohol, have never engaged in promiscuous sex, always wear my seat-belt, never exceed the speed limit (yes I have had those questions on new patient paper work) etc, etc.... Have not been asked about guns yet but I would swear I was a member of the Brady Bunch. Probably wouldn't do me much good here since I OC to the doctors office and at weigh in the nurse tells me to "Put all the hardware on the shelf".

Physicians will be hit hard in their financial compensation under Obamacare. There will be a huge shortage of physicians within the next 10 years.
    Clodbert likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Do you realize how much money annually doctors make on kick backs from the Pharmaceutical companies ?
    About 10000 X the amount of of people die in the US from the ABUSE of scripts drugs , versus illegal drugs !
    Who is writing the scripts ?

Yea , I trust my doctor , and all Pharmaceutical companies !
    So dont think that shaky doctor wont nark you out for a trip to the islands !
    Its facts already processed , the numbers are punched

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Physicians will be hit hard in their financial compensation under Obamacare. There will be a huge shortage of physicians within the next 10 years.
    insane thought , our medical system is outlandish !
    US medical bill are what they are for 3 reasons - Malpractice suits , Insurance companies ,Pharmaceutical companies - in other words GREDE < GREDE < AND GREDE !
    no place else on planet earth is it so out of hand ... to get medical attention , nor it cost as much

How is it we hold the right to bare arms so dear , when the right to simple health care is a mute point ?
    It seems arms are more important , than being healthy , eating good foods , etc ....
    *** ?
    WATCH THE SPIN

Quote Originally Posted by ThePope View Post
    Do you realize how much money annually doctors make on kick backs from the Pharmaceutical companies ?
    About 10000 X the amount of of people die in the US from the ABUSE of scripts drugs , versus illegal drugs !
    Who is writing the scripts ?

Yea , I trust my doctor , and all Pharmaceutical companies !
    So dont think that shaky doctor wont nark you out for a trip to the islands !
    Its facts already processed , the numbers are punched
    Sir, you really need to check your facts before spouting unfounded accusations against an entire profession.

For one, "kickbacks" to doctors from pharmaceutical companies (or any other supplier) are completely illegal under federal STARK laws and are easily identified in routine audits.

"Trips to the islands" are a another one of your unfounded fallacies as any "perks" to doctors from drug companies are prohibited under PHARMA regulations. Drug companies don't even give ink pens anymore thanks to Mr. Kennedy.

Please have your facts straight before slandering an entire group of professionals, most of whom care very deeply for their patients and their well-being above all, including an ever-intrusive government.

All that said, your comments were otherwise completely off topic. Maybe you should go rant on the DNC website about the evil doctor-pharma conspiracy you so strongly believe.
    boricua, jbum, Jeanlouise and 4 others like this.

Flight Surgeon, USAF

NRA Patron Member

Your family doctor is most likely already owned , ask him how he paid for school , ask him what meetings he or his RPN has had in the last 30 days with Pharmaceutical reps .Drs are brought into the system , by the system and owe the system.No means all , however this is the path .
    Loans and grants get paid off in more than one way , be sure of that .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links