Waaahhh waaahhh, NRA didn't have a chance...

This is a discussion on Waaahhh waaahhh, NRA didn't have a chance... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...and they said so themselves... Here: http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.r...0&videofeed=36 And they won't have a chance against any of the rest, including the upcoming Frankenstein gun ban. Oh, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Waaahhh waaahhh, NRA didn't have a chance...

Waaahhh waaahhh, NRA didn't have a chance...

...and they said so themselves...

Here: http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.r...0&videofeed=36

And they won't have a chance against any of the rest, including the upcoming Frankenstein gun ban.

Oh, they may win in the loooong term... In court challenges, in the far future...

In the mean time, the fleet of foot best them... And we lose.

And maybe after we've either turned in our guns, or revolted, we can buy replacements... Maybe.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

There will be no handing over of guns in this neck of the woods.

They might get a couple that were dropped......
    Win94ae and ppkheat like this.

When I lived in the San Francisco Bay area Feinstein wanted everyone in San Francisco to turn in their guns. She did a big media press conference where she handed over her gun to the police chief. She didn't turn in all of her guns or her permit to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB1954 View Post
    When I lived in the San Francisco Bay area Feinstein wanted everyone in San Francisco to turn in their guns. She did a big media press conference where she handed over her gun to the police chief. She didn't turn in all of her guns or her permit to carry.
    Imagine that... Diane Feinstein not being upfront, or truthful?

Why, I am shocked! Shocked I tell you... to find gambling going on in this establishment.
    pittypat21 and smolck like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post

And they won't have a chance against any of the rest, including the upcoming Frankenstein gun ban.

Oh, they may win in the loooong term... In court challenges, in the far future...

And maybe after we've either turned in our guns, or revolted, we can buy replacements... Maybe.
    -------

Win94ae, GeorgiaDawg and pfries like this.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    She probably borrowed it or [wink, wink] plans to get it back or replace it some how.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

..."we"??? You got a mouse in yer pocket??? The problem lies with a state legislature who acted on their own and shoved something down the voters' throats...because they felt they'd get away with it...let us all make sure OUR elected officials don't misunderstand us in that way...

ALBANY, N.Y. The National Rifle Association said the secretive negotiations and lightning-fast passage of New York's tough new gun control laws squelched the powerful gun lobby's ability to mount opposition.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo said he had to engineer quick enactment to prevent a counterproductive buying spree of now-outlawed guns.

The legislation was negotiated over the weekend, introduced on the first day of the 2013 legislative session and signed into law the next da
    y.
    Well, that's great... no chance for input from your constituency ? Just drive it down their throats and "they'll get used to it" . Hummmmm. So, "it's for the good of the citizens" .... or is it, that you know you would get a lot of flack for passing such a stupid law and it would stand up to the heat of the public ? These "midnight" wonder bills.

Seems that was O-man's and Biden's hope as well.

Well, watch what the courts will do with it now, because I'm betting that's where it's headed. They like to blame the NRA, but it's not the NRA they are afraid of, it's the "people" ..... but the people keep electing these fools in ..... they get what they get.
    It's worked soooooo well for Chicago and DC....
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    You can't fault the NRA for not being able to get out front of a measure that was done behind closed doors before the legislative session started. By the time they'd even had a chance to meet with the Senate it was through and on to the lower chamber where there was no chance. This was a cloak and dagger type move by those that don't care what the voters want as long as they can appease their masters in the media and the far left.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    I'm sure once the cameras and microphones were turned off, the police chief handed it back to her.
    ctr likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I bet she turned it in, she has armed body guards ( That we probably pay for)
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I have come to the conclusion, that the op (oakchas) is either a defeatist, or posts this nonsense purely for the sake of firing up the membership.

You would have us all quit the fight at the first bloody nose? I don't think so. This is long battle, and I trust the NRA has our best interest at heart. They may not always act like you would, or I would, but they have been around a long time, and in the long battle, they will prevail. If you could do better, run for office within the NRA.

This congress is not going to pass any new confiscatory gun laws...it just isn't in the best interest of our elected representatives in the Senate or the Congress. There are plenty of people in power speaking out about any attempts to restrict our 2nd Amendment rights, and those people do so knowing that they have the full support of the NRA and it's membership watching their six.

Contrary to the OP's premise, the sky is NOT falling.
    cmdrdredd, Brady, OD* and 1 others like this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    I have come to the conclusion, that the op (oakchas) is either a defeatist, or posts this nonsense purely for the sake of firing up the membership.

You would have us all quit the fight at the first bloody nose? I don't think so. This is long battle, and I trust the NRA has our best interest at heart. They may not always act like you would, or I would, but they have been around a long time, and in the long battle, they will prevail. If you could do better, run for office within the NRA.

This congress is not going to pass any new confiscatory gun laws...it just isn't in the best interest of our elected representatives in the Senate or the Congress. There are plenty of people in power speaking out about any attempts to restrict our 2nd Amendment rights, and those people do so knowing that they have the full support of the NRA and it's membership watching their six.

Contrary to the OP's premise, the sky is NOT falling.
    I get the same vibe from these types of posts. Always negative...always on the losing side etc.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    I have come to the conclusion, that the op (oakchas) is either a defeatist, or posts this nonsense purely for the sake of firing up the membership
    This is why I haven't put the OP on "Ignore." It's like a train wreck, you don't want to watch, but you are drawn to it like a moth to a flame.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - T. Jefferson

Yeah, I guess we should just abandon the NRA because their not going to help us anyway (sarcasm off)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links