Colorado CBI Check Funding Denied

This is a discussion on Colorado CBI Check Funding Denied within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; DENVER (AP) - Colorado lawmakers denied a request for about $455,000 to address a dramatic increase in the number of people needing background checks to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: Colorado CBI Check Funding Denied

Post Colorado CBI Check Funding Denied

DENVER (AP) - Colorado lawmakers denied a request for about $455,000 to address a dramatic increase in the number of people needing background checks to buy firearms in the aftermath of the mass shooting at a Connecticut elementary.

The Joint Budget Committee on Thursday voted 4-2 to deny the request from the Department of Public Safety. It means people looking to buy firearms will have to wait longer to make their purchase because there's a backlog.

The checks typically have taken less than an hour, but now take about a week because more people are interested in buying firearms as lawmakers in Congress and in the state weigh gun-control measures.
    Democratic Rep. Claire Levy says she doesn't think people who want to buy guns deserve special funding.

One Republican joined three Democrats to deny the request.

I could well argue the CBI Check is redundant with the NICS.
    DocT65 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

That Republican is toast, hopefully next election. I believe this is just ONE of many things that states, etc. will use to deny people their 2A rights.

Where I live, since I have a carry license, no check is done when purchasing, at least right now.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

The "Baby Brady" is why people are waiting 8 days for a purchase. Thus becoming a de facto waiting period. When you're a scumbag lawyer in office and you can't achieve your wicked designs through legislative mandate, do it with red tape!
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Links