Would I Lose My High Cap Mags??

This is a discussion on Would I Lose My High Cap Mags?? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Need some clarification on what is proposed my King Obama and his evil troll Joe... would it be illegal to own and carry a mag ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By WHEC724

Thread: Would I Lose My High Cap Mags??

Would I Lose My High Cap Mags??

Need some clarification on what is proposed my King Obama and his evil troll Joe...

would it be illegal to own and carry a mag that has the capability to have 10+ rounds or could you keep these mags and just put 9-10 rounds into it even though it could hold more. I hate to loose my extra hi cap mags which cost $$$. To comply and keep the hardware I'd run with 10 rather than have to buy new smaller ones. Just wondering if merely owning these would be illegal. Not that I'd voluteer to turn them in.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Until the bill is written and on the floor of congress, it is hard to say. It will depend on if they are grandfathered or not.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Welcome,
    It depends on what if any new laws get properly passed. If you are in NY you are screwed but elsewhere we still have to fight the good fight.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Ain't no way were turning them in,some states are in the process of enacting legislation to protect our rights,they think americans are gonna roll over like in 94 and they got a rude awakening coming
    mbguy29577 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    It really will depend on (a) if it goes through, and (b) how it is worded.

Option (b) could be anywhere between grandfathering what you have for your own personal use, to making it a felony to own one.

For now, I'm taking Mrs. Whec out tonight to a nice restaurant, but near gang territory, and my G19 with 15+1 will accompany me for the best odds against a little pack of thugs.
    mbguy29577 likes this.

Links