Foolish Contributor to our Paper Wants Amendments Changed

This is a discussion on Foolish Contributor to our Paper Wants Amendments Changed within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is Milt Hankins our resident looney far left leaning Liberal who thinks everything he spits out is truth. His idea is to "remake" the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Foolish Contributor to our Paper Wants Amendments Changed

This is Milt Hankins our resident looney far left leaning Liberal who thinks everything he spits out is truth.

His idea is to "remake" the Constitution and Bill of Rights so that it is more relevant to 2013.

The guy is an idiot but our local rag is so far to the left I'm surprised they print anything but.

Milt Hankins: Let's take a fresh look at the Bill of Rights - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

"Regrettably, we have too many people in this country who are chiefly concerned with self-interests rather than the interests of the general population."

At least the first paragraph let me know I have no reason to read the rest.
    mano3 likes this.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Some people should move to a country that better suits their lifestyle requirements, and stop trying to change it to meet theirs... I like the original idea, quit screwing it up.

Nails his own coffin in my opinion when he says...

it could and should confiscate all weapons held in private hands except for those manufactured for self-protection and sport, period.
    Yep...

I would use an AR or AK for both of the underlined reasons...

Way to go Mr. Hankins...

You have agreement from an ultra-conservative, religious-right, redneck, gun toter!!!

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

VIP Member
    I have no doubt that there are millions of people out there that think the same way as ole Milt. They label anyone who disagrees with them as "paraniod" and "radical right". That way they can dismiss those that want to defend the Constitution.

It's maddening and very dangerous at the same time.

If WV can produce this type of thinker (we have plenty of them over on this side of the state too), imagine what the other 57 states produce.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I have no doubt that there are millions of people out there that think the same way as ole Milt. They label anyone who disagrees with them as "paraniod" and "radical right". That way they can dismiss those that want to defend the Constitution.

It's maddening and very dangerous at the same time.

If WV can produce this type of thinker (we have plenty of them over on this side of the state too), imagine what the other 57 states produce.
    Actually Mr. Hanky resides in Kentucky and I'm sure many of them are embarassed by his drivel. He is a self-righteous, self-appointed purveyor of the "truth" who is enamoured with his own legendary self and oh....Mr. O as well. Most of what Hanky says makes me violently ill.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    A typical tactic. If they can't override the Constitution and B0R, simply change it to suit their ideas.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Flame away; This guy at least wants to do it the correct way and do it my amending the Constitution which we have done numerous of times. I would not call him an idiot. I might disagree with him. But I submit he is better than politicians, including our POTUS, who try to get around the COnstitution with laws instead of doing it the way set forth by our Founding Fathers.
    wdbailey and 10thmtn like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    A typical tactic. If they can't override the Constitution and B0R, simply change it to suit their ideas.
    Well,that is how it suppose to be done...slavery...wommans sufferage....term limits for POTUS.......Besides, I would rather have someone try to do it this way instead of legislation. It would be much harder to get the Constitution amended than passing laws that keep going up for court challenges.
    Caertaker likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I too, used to believe there could be limits on some of our rights. Over time and seeing what our Gov. can do and has done, my views have evolved back to the Bill of Rights as written and intended. Personally, I find anyone that burns our flag as despicable, but that right is to be defended. It's easy to defend those rights we agree with and can be uncomfortable to defend those we may not agree with. I have come to appreciate the brilliance of our founding fathers and so to me infringed means infringed. It does not mean tweaking or adjusting or modifying.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Let's buy ole Milt a one way ticket to North Korea if that's the kind of government he wants. We like our Country the way it is Milt and don't want commies like you trying to destroy it. Minister my azz.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

We are not going to change it, however there are a number of countries that may be more to your liking. Don't let the door hit you as you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Flame away; This guy at least wants to do it the correct way and do it my amending the Constitution which we have done numerous of times. I would not call him an idiot. I might disagree with him. But I submit he is better than politicians, including our POTUS, who try to get around the COnstitution with laws instead of doing it the way set forth by our Founding Fathers.
    Milt wants to "amend" the Constitution to fall in line with his Champion of Gun Haters, our current White House occupant. Believe me, his "version" of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms would be no right. He is a flaming Uber-Liberal who hates anything remotely opposite of his belief. He would be the first in line to vote for gun confiscation. He is an idiot but has the freedom of speech to prove it. I'd love to see his "need" to amend THAT right. Probably only his free speech and opinion should be allowed. Messing with the Bill of Rights could be dangerous to all of the rights. We know they amended it during Prohibition of alcohol and boy did that work. Worked so well they had to repeal it.

Leave it alone, Milt, the document works just fine in 2013 as did in 1789.
    goldmaster likes this.

Far, far away and long, long ago in a galaxy beyond..... oops, old man syndrome just kicked in. Anyway, years ago this Milt character would have been laughed out of decent society. Today, he is nearly mainstream. This is what we face. The biggest horror is for someone to call for a constitutional convention. Many who believe they are still in the majority would support that, and then find out the horrible truth that they are now the minority and have lost their constitution.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    The Constitution is difficult to change for some very good reasons, not the least of which include the wisdom and foresight of the founding fathers.

It should be difficult to change; imagine what it would look like if Congress could change it like they can the tax code?
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links