Maybe we have finally given Obama a big enough stick to hit a hornets nest?

This is a discussion on Maybe we have finally given Obama a big enough stick to hit a hornets nest? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It would seem that Obama believes his reelection has given him a big enough 'stick' to do whatever he pleases. At the same time he ...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 8 Post By btolle
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 3 Post By rammerjammer
  • 2 Post By Brady
  • 1 Post By Exacto

Thread: Maybe we have finally given Obama a big enough stick to hit a hornets nest?

It would seem that Obama believes his reelection has given him a big enough 'stick' to do whatever he pleases. At the same time he has assumed a cloak of invincibility.

At the stroke of a pen he claims 'Executive Privilege' over 70,000+ Department of Justice papers pertaining to 'Fast and Furious', thereby elevating his Attorney General above the law,the Congress, and the Constitution. And we let him get away with it. That emboldens him.

He stands on the graves of 20 innocent Connecticut children and screams murder 'because of guns'. And the public cheers him.

With that same pen he signs 23 'Executive Orders', placing himself above the Congress, the Constitution, and the Will of the American people. And thinks he has gotten away with it.

Yet, when the NRA mentions Obama's children the liberals cry 'foul'.

Via the Homeland Security laws he can now say that you or I 'are suspected of being terrorists' with no proof whatsoever and have us arrested, held in a secret prison without any legal representation, and keep us there for the rest of our life. And 'We The People' allow this unconstitutional law stand.

I am 67 years old and have tried to learn the history lessons Adolf Hitler taught us. Sadly I see the American people being led down a very similar path.

It is our choice: Follow him or stand up to him.

Ask 6 millions Jews what happened when they willingly gave in to Hitler.

I hope that he will wield his 'stick' wildly enough to hit a hornets nest before it is too late.
    rcj50, 12smile, Exacto and 5 others like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Where is the public outrage for his parading four children onto his stage for his use?

And all the sheep just went Baaaa.
    PAPADALE1 and Crowbait like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by btolle View Post

I am 67 years old and have tried to learn the history lessons Adolf Hitler taught us. Sadly I see the American people being led down a very similar path.
    Change is inevitable. I am 54.

Sadly the inevitable change has NOT been for the good.

When I study the many empires of the past, even the vaulted Roman Empire lasted approx 400-600 years.
    The last 300 years were full of immorality the like that has rarely been seen since.

I see only (3) possibilities with the U.S.

1) We are going up
    2) We are going down
    3) Zero net sum gain or loss

The answer depends on each individuals perspective.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

I don't have to ask them. The memorial to the victims of the holocaust at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem is silent witness. About Yad Vashem And, shamefully, our president has been there. The new memorial/museum begins with a view of the schtetels in pre-war europe where the defenseless jewish people lived. They were unarmed without anybody to defend them. Look what happened. Although Israel today appears to new visitors to be an armed camp, it is merely a people protecting themselves in the midst of tyranny. I suggest we study history ourselves to see where gun control might leave us...

I'm against the new gun control initiatives. But people need to stop the Hitler Obama comparisons. They show an alarming misunderstanding of history and especially the Holocaust.
    Hopyard, rmilchman and Clodbert like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by filmtex View Post
    I don't have to ask them. The memorial to the victims of the holocaust at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem is silent witness. About Yad Vashem And, shamefully, our president has been there. The new memorial/museum begins with a view of the schtetels in pre-war europe where the defenseless jewish people lived. They were unarmed without anybody to defend them. Look what happened. Although Israel today appears to new visitors to be an armed camp, it is merely a people protecting themselves in the midst of tyranny. I suggest we study history ourselves to see where gun control might leave us...
    He was looking for ideas.
    goldmaster and Crowbait like this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by filmtex View Post
    Sadly, that's where he got his inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I'm against the new gun control initiatives. But people need to stop the Hitler Obama comparisons. They show an alarming misunderstanding of history and especially the Holocaust.
    These comparisons may or may not be entirely accurate; that is yet to be seen. But, is does show how frightened the American people are. And it's really not a misunderstanding, what they are saying happened, happened.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    We could expound on it but then would violate the prohibition of discussing religion here. It's not just the Jews he's after.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Then you sir have not read the history of the Wiemar Republic.

The same thing is happening hear, he just uses other villains (rather than the Jews) as the focus of his speech, but he makes them villains in the same fashion.

Re: Maybe we have finally given Obama a big enough stick to hit a hornets nest?

It would seem that Obama believes his reelection has given him a big enough 'stick' to do whatever he pleases. At the same time he has assumed a cloak of invincibility.

At the stroke of a pen he claims 'Executive Privilege' over 70,000+ Department of Justice papers pertaining to 'Fast and Furious', thereby elevating his Attorney General above the law,the Congress, and the Constitution. And we let him get away with it. That emboldens him.

He stands on the graves of 20 innocent Connecticut children and screams murder 'because of guns'. And the public cheers him.

With that same pen he signs 23 'Executive Orders', placing himself above the Congress, the Constitution, and the Will of the American people. And thinks he has gotten away with it.

Yet, when the NRA mentions Obama's children the liberals cry 'foul'.

Via the Homeland Security laws he can now say that you or I 'are suspected of being terrorists' with no proof whatsoever and have us arrested, held in a secret prison without any legal representation, and keep us there for the rest of our life. And 'We The People' allow this unconstitutional law stand.

I hope that he will wield his 'stick' wildly enough to hit a hornets nest before it is too late.
    I feel you brother...

The comparison of O's children is a non-sequitur.. It was absolutely pointless... And DID NOTHING FOR OUR CAUSE.

Oh, sure, we can say "gotcha neener neener, boo boo... You're being a hypocrite" But it serves no purpose. No one would deny the president the security of his children... To not secure them would invite terrorism against the entire country.

Every effort should be made to educate the public what an "assault rifle/weapon" actually is. And the similarities, and differences between one and a semi automatic rifle.

Every effort should be made to show why standard magazines, and extended magazines are not unreasonable... Useful for hunting, sporting, and self defense, and "just for having".

Preaching to the dyed in the wool anti is fruitless.. But there are many who know little but what they hear from the MSM and the public figures that have free reign of the airwaves. And there are those amongst us (gun owners) who also see little harm in the proposed legislation, because it does not effect them (yet).

There is a dearth of any "public relations" "public service announcements" tv or radio time demonstrating anything positive for our side... We have to pay for our time and our column inches to be heard...

Not broadcast expensive productions in places where only those who CHOOSE to watch them (people on our side, and our opponents, who use them against us) will ever see them. Except of course, the media who broadcasts it to... Poo poo us for bring "so crass"
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    Then you sir have not read the history of the Wiemar Republic.

The same thing is happening hear, he just uses other villains (rather than the Jews) as the focus of his speech, but he makes them villains in the same fashion.
    With my BA in History in which I focused on 20th Century German history and 18th Century Naval history I would have to politely disagree.

I know how to spell Weimar properly for instance.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post

Every effort should be made to educate the public what an "assault rifle/weapon" actually is. And the similarities, and differences between one and a semi automatic rifle.

Every effort should be made to show why standard magazines, and extended magazines are not unreasonable... Useful for hunting, sporting, and self defense, and "just for having"...
    You can lead a horse to water...

Some of the anti's get it, but still somehow insist that the AWB needs to happen, which just blows my mind.

Watching Bill Maher last night (must have been glutting for punishment), he admitted that even a clip restriction will not stop another mass shooting - "Instead of one pistol and 3 30 bullet clips [or something close to that effect], they will just have 3 pistols and less clips, but we need to get rid of the assault weapons."

Even admits that he has a gun. Must be for status.

We don't need to educate them on guns. That is bordering on pointless. We need them to see the big picture and how gun deaths pale in comparison to other unnatural means of death that actually are preventable. All they see is what happens in one town in one day. Not one day across the entire nation.

My gods, if the antis would throw their money at education, medical research, or law enforcement, they would save 10 times the number of lives lost to guns. Come talk to me when gun deaths are in the top 5.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I have been to a lecture (for want of a better word) given by a survivor of the holocaust.It was a very sobering experience to say the least. To hear how it happened and what they suffered. It should be mandatory for all members of Congress to hear this, and maybe more thought and common sense would be applied to their law making. Somehow we have sent these very educated people to represent us thinking that their education was what it takes to make good decisions, and it helps, but what is sadly lacking is common sense. Most of these elected representatives don't have a clue how to help with this epidemic of violence, so the only thing they know to do is attack the object. Most know nothing about firearms, and all their education does not do anything that qualifies them to pass laws trying to control them. It's akin to sending a janitor to NASA to be the architect of a trip to mars. It's their elitist attitude and over blown egos that prevent them from doing something constructive. They should have asked for help from the people who know guns, who know crime, who know what makes people violent, mental health professionals, people with good common sense and not so much education that it makes them stupid.
    Crowbait likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Links