Reality hits the Senate: it's gonna be a tough sell...

This is a discussion on Reality hits the Senate: it's gonna be a tough sell... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by deadguy I can't speak for HG but my post was not directed at you my friend. I just wanted to throw out ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Reality hits the Senate: it's gonna be a tough sell...

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    I can't speak for HG but my post was not directed at you my friend. I just wanted to throw out another point of view before everyone gets sucked into a false sense of security with this nutjob.
    I didn't think it was...

It did act as a catalyst for me to provide a little more clarification on my intent to the casual observer.

Thanx.

deadguy likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    I don't see anything happening until mid term elections, and only then, if the Anti's get organized and have some effect on mid term elections...or if we have any additional killings of children at schools or churches or camps etc...etc...etc....

Currently there is no big mood in congress to go against 2a, gunowners, and the NRA and other gun groups..however that could change if the Anti's get organized across the country and show power at the voting booth.
    Doghandler likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

VIP Member
    Prior to this school shooting, we had a lot of talk here on "what we'd do" to a BG during some type of self defense encounter. Well the BG is here now, but he's not the image we usually think about, he is the combined faces of all the anti-gun people out there wanting to disarm us. It's time to change focus and tactics:

Silence and complacency is our enemy too.

We need to continue to make noise........call those legislators, write pro-gun letter to the editor to refute the anti's, join pro-gun organizations, donate, participate in the polls, motivate your family and friends to do the same, send encouraging letters to the media that happens to get it right, or to the politicians stepping forward to help us.

These are the things we can do, and should be doing. I know some of you are !!! I'm encouraged and it is reflective of my 2A desires; I'm not throwing in a towel.........I'M NOT QUITTING........ EVER
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Fact of the matter is, I dont trust any of them to do the right thing in regards to the U.S. Constitution.

They have all subverted it too many time to have my trust.
    I think that the Third Amendment is still intact, but that's about it
    kerberos likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I think that the Third Amendment is still intact, but that's about it
    Re-read the Bill of Rights in detail...

You are correct.

Sad.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

Wyoming Republican Sen. John Barrasso said Obama’s proposals won’t even get a full Senate vote.

Barrasso told CNN’s “State of the Union” that Democrats seeking re-election in a conservative state would not give their support.

“I don’t think Sen. Harry Reid even brings it to the Senate floor because he has six Democrats up for election in two years in states where the president received fewer than 42 percent of the votes,” he said.

Read more: Top Democrats optimistic Congress will pass gun control legislation, with outside Washington help | Fox News
    Hopefully this is the end result.

USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Its the only that that makes me not want (and I do) term limits is the career politicians always remember.

And on the flipside... with Term Limits we have no evil corrupt career politicians, i.e. Diane Feinstein would have been booted decades ago.
    kerberos likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    Seems like some are starting to remember how costly the '94 AWB was for the Dems as well as how costly Obamacare was for them. Unlike Obama, these people need to get themselves re-elected again.
    That's why we need to remind them that they will be out on their butts if they vote for any new gun legislation!!
    481 likes this.

Believe it or not, Vermont has a bill similar to the New York bill that just passed, waiting in the wings.
    I wrote an email telling my state rep, in no uncertain terms, that I will not obey his new bill as I deemed it unconstitutional. I also pointed out that I would do everything in my power to make sure he is not re-elected if he continues down the path of gun laws versus Vermonters!
    I sent along a copy of our state constitution and suggested he re-read it and understand it. If "they" come for my guns, I told him they would get the lead first!

Did yall see where Brother Bill(Clinton) tried to throttle them (the Dems)back a bit by telling them not to mess with guns?

That right there speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandBob View Post
    Did yall see where Brother Bill(Clinton) tried to throttle them (the Dems)back a bit by telling them not to mess with guns?

That right there speaks volumes.
    Where was this?
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Continue to educate those who are misinformed and to support the NRA and other organizations that help in defending our 2A rights. Law abiding citizens are not the problem, criminals are, criminals do not respect the law so no matter what law is passed, criminals will continue down their path, law abiding citizens' rights will be infringed.

Keep up the good work!
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Regardless, but remember, if they can win the house with his campaign machine, and control both the Senate and the House,...............

This is not over yet! If not now, it will re-surface continually until 2016.

Kerberos,
    Nobody is attacking you and thanks for the post. The point they are making is that they don't trust the dems and especially Harry Reid. The silence of Boehner is bothersome also since he caved on just about everything Obama wants. So much for holding his ground, and that concerns me also.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I remember the same thing being said about Obamacare not passing.
    kerberos likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links