Anti-gun Legislators Are Crazy, And I Can Prove It

This is a discussion on Anti-gun Legislators Are Crazy, And I Can Prove It within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This guy and David Gregory must use the same PR firm. Virginia lawmaker's AK-47 sparks gun debate on House floor | WashingtonExaminer.com...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ThePope
  • 1 Post By ExactlyMyPoint

Thread: Anti-gun Legislators Are Crazy, And I Can Prove It

VIP Member

This guy and David Gregory must use the same PR firm.
    Virginia lawmaker's AK-47 sparks gun debate on House floor | WashingtonExaminer.com
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

"Wild stunt," eh? It's little different than bringing props to a courtroom as evidence during prosecution, to prove a point. I don't see much difference, here, in what he did.

Of course, the message itself (that the People cannot be trusted by hirelings) makes him a wacko IMO. But the tactic of bringing exhibits to "court" doesn't.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I am speechless.
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."

- Dave Gell

VIP Member
    Morrissey is an idiot, he's proved it time and again. He wouldn't know an assault weapon if it jumped up and bit him.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

His finger ( thumb) is on the trigger in the photo.
    ExactlyMyPoint and Clodbert like this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Best part of the article. Need I say more:
    [quote]A House subcommittee late Thursday effectively killed Morrissey's bill, which mirrored President Obama's call for a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity ammo magazines following the mass killing of 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school. The same panel also rejected universal background checks for gun buyers and sent a proposal to arm school staff to Gov. Bob McDonnell's school safety task force.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I think the armed security, in fact ANYONE with a legal concealed weapon, should have drawn, told him to drop the weapon and arrested him.

And BTW, I don't care if someone assures me that the gun is "unloaded", I will want to check it myself, and then I still would want him to point it in a safe direction and keep his finger off the trigger and and and. But I digress.
    mano3 likes this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

VIP Member
    Keep in mind this clod (Joe Morrisey) got disbarred in 2003 for a bunch of reasons:
    ....• a dismissal with terms in April 1990 that required him to attend the Virginia State Bar Professionalism Course and certify that he would establish and maintain a trust account if he returned to private practice;
    • a dismissal with terms in September 1990 that required him to attend two hours of legal ethics training after findings that he represented a criminal defendant in the same matter for which he previously prosecuted him while serving as commonwealth’s attorney;
    • a dismissal with terms in June 1993 that required him to write a letter of apology to the presiding judge in a case in which he, while serving as commonwealth’s attorney, amended a felony warrant of arrest for drunken driving down to misdemeanor reckless driving without leave of court;

• a private reprimand in December 1990 for failing to perfect two criminal appeals and for failing to keep the client reasonably informed about them;
    • a public reprimand in March 1992 for his involvement, while serving as commonwealth’s attorney, in a fist fight with opposing counsel in a criminal trial conducted in the Circuit Court for the City of Richmond (See Morrissey v. Virginia State Bar, 260 Va. 472, 488, 538 S.E.2d 677, 680 Va. 2000);
    • a six-month suspension in December 1993 for misconduct that constituted “dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation” in arranging a plea bargain in a rape case in which the charge was reduced to a misdemeanor and the defendant’s father paid $25,000 to the victim and $25,000 to charities designated by Mr. Morrissey while Mr. Morrissey was serving as commonwealth’s attorney, and for concealing this portion of the agreement from the victim, who had indicated to Mr. Morrissey that she wanted more than $25,000 as an “accord and satisfaction” (See Morrissey v. Virginia State Bar, 248 Va. 334, 338, 448 S.E.2nd 615, 617 Va. 1994);
    • a three-year suspension in December 1999 deriving from his conviction on two counts of contempt for violating Local Rule 57 (C) of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (making public statements about the identify, testimony or credibility of prospective witnesses), for which he was sentenced to ninety days’ imprisonment followed by three years of probation, and a third citation of contempt for his angry outburst directed at the presiding judge during a sentencing hearing in the Chesterfield County Circuit Court (See Morrissey v. Virginia State Bar, 260 Va. at 477, 538 S.E.2d at 679); and

• a show-cause summary suspension of his law license in October 2002 deriving from his disbarment from practice in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, effective December 21, 2001, in which the court addressed the matters set forth above and Mr. Morrissey’s subsequent violations of the conditions of probation (attempting to circumvent the conditions of probation and lying to probation officer), resulting in an additional ninety-day jail sentence and the revocation of his probation. See In re: Joseph D. Morrissey, 305 F.3d 211 (4th Cir. 2002). In return for Mr. Morrissey’s withdrawal of the appeal of the April 2003 revocation of his law license, the Virginia State Bar agreed to dismiss the show cause matter. ....
    After 8 years & bunch of butt kissing on his part he got his law license back. If you or I had done the stuff he did, we would be a prohibited person from being able to own firearms!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar

Re: Anti-gun Legislators Are Crazy, And I Can Prove It

I love seeing and hearing all these Democrats around the country citing these polls suggesting that the public favor more gun laws. Why should what any poll says now matter??? There were plenty of polls (and still are) suggesting the public wasn't in favor of Obamacare but the Democrats in Washington ignored all that and rammed it down our throats anyway! So why not be consistent and ignore what the public is saying now about gun control???

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

So let me get this straight. You can get permission from building security to break the law? Legislators are somehow above/exempt from the law?

Somebody please have this gentleman arrested and charged.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links