Obamerica's Problem

This is a discussion on Obamerica's Problem within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well said. Gun Violence is Not a Republican Problem, It?s a Democratic Problem...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Obamerica's Problem

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    MACC12, msgt/ret, mano3 and 1 others like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

Agreed.................

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    STOP WITH THE FACTS ALREADY!!!
    BugDude, sdprof and DaRedneck like this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

60% of US homicide occurs in 5 cities. NYC, LA, Detroit, Chicago, and Philly. They all already have strict gun control and it doesn't work. Not a good reason to duplicate that everywhere else.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Gotta love the truth. Facts are a pesky inconvenience for the gun-grabbers. That article reminds me of the "Choose Your Own Crime Stats" video. I think we should all be armed with these "pesky" facts so that when we have a rational debate with an anti, the truth is on our side.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Very interesting.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Interesting take...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    60% of US homicide occurs in 5 cities. NYC, LA, Detroit, Chicago, and Philly. They all already have strict gun control and it doesn't work. Not a good reason to duplicate that everywhere else.
    Detroit does not have strict gun control. Michigan is a "shall issue" state with the Castle Doctrine. We have our problems and are no doubt worthy of the rest of America's scorn but not on this point.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

I just read Stefan Molyneux quote recently and he makes some wild observations on gun control. I quoted it here for a quick fun read:

If owning guns is bad, then it is bad for everyone. Guns, then, should be banned. Thus policemen and soldiers must give up their weapons. If policemen and soldiers need guns to protect themselves from dangerous criminals, why not ordinary citizens? Does that mean that possessing guns is sometimes good and sometimes bad? What is the difference? Remember – there is no such thing as "a policeman" or "a soldier" – those are mere concepts. Only people exist, and if gun ownership is a good idea for a soldier, but a bad idea for a private citizen, what happens to the soldier when he goes on leave? Does his nature change somehow, so that now he no longer has the right to own a gun? What about when a policeman changes out of his uniform? Does he change in some fundamental manner, and so loses the right to be armed? Is it only his uniform that has the right to carry a gun? What if someone else puts on that uniform? Of course, these questions cannot be answered, and so the whole argument for gun control becomes logically foolish. People will then turn to the argument from effect – i.e. general gun ownership leads to increased violence – which can also be easily countered. If gun ownership leads to increased violence, then surely the cops and soldiers will become increasingly violent if they alone have guns. Since dictatorships and war are worse than crime (because you can defend yourself against criminals, but not governments), then surely that is an argument against only allowing people who work for the state to carry guns. Thus a person can only argue against gun ownership from a subjective "me no like" perspective – which is a perfect time to explain how the stateless free market can grant him his wish!
    Clodbert likes this.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Interesting take...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    Detroit does not have strict gun control. Michigan is a "shall issue" state with the Castle Doctrine. We have our problems and are no doubt worthy of the rest of America's scorn but not on this point.
    I stand corrected on Detroit, but you get the general idea. 5 cities (most of which have gun control measures) account for a majority of the US issue.

Administrator
    Actually it goes a bit deeper than that. I believe that all of past school incidents either the shooter was a registered Dem or if too young to be registered to vote - Mom & Pop were registered Dems. I don't know about this latest one though but that kid was also totally bonkers so not sure what difference it all makes.
    But, really it IS time to stop blaming the Republicans & the NRA.
    zacii, BugDude, DaRedneck and 1 others like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Actually it goes a bit deeper than that. I believe that all of past school incidents either the shooter was a registered Dem or if too young to be registered to vote - Mom & Pop were registered Dems. I don't know about this latest one though but that kid was also totally bonkers so not sure what difference it all makes.
    But, really it IS time to stop blaming the Republicans & the NRA.
    I've got to use this on the libtard blogs. Do you happen to have a reference to cite (they always respond with the show me defense).

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I stand corrected on Detroit, but you get the general idea. 5 cities (most of which have gun control measures) account for a majority of the US issue.
    Yes, used to be the Motor City, then became the Murder City, but the elected official recognized just how valuable self-preservation was to their citizens that, they became realistic about how gun control and the 2A should be given respectable consideration, by allowing their Upstanding Law Abiding Citizens to have them-self's the right's too protect themselves, and even indoctrinated the Castle Doctrine too.

get off my lawn........

The playing field leveled out and unlike places like L.A. (what a joke), Chicago (a bigger joke), and N.Y. (now the biggest joke). We Upstanding Law Abiding Citizens were finally able to standup for ourselves, and things got a big-bit safer. EH

Good thing too since the Detroit's Inter-City Police Stations are now on ah 9am-6pm time schedule

We're even working on OC, hoping it will become law here soon too!

If you people living in N.Y. can find a job here. Real-estate is quite reasonable right now and we also have a real kick-ass hockey club and baseball team too! They both beats the hell out of the Yanks, Mets, Rangers, & Islanders!

I'll bet you lunch at Lafayette Coney that the Lions could even beat the Jets too

OH and the Caddy ATS, and the Dodge Ram 1500 won Car & Truck of the Year for 2013!! So now we are the MOTOR CITY again

Administrator
    I heard it on the radio. Quinn & Rose The War Room. Here is the link.Conservative Talk Radio From Pittsburgh
    Send an E-mail to Jim Quinn And ask him for the source.
    I tuned in late so I didn't catch it but, they never put anything on the air unless it is from a reliable & checked source.
    Jim Quinn is a nice guy. Extremely pro gun.
    BugDude likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links