Assemblyman asked to keep the Dem proposals for the NY SAFE Act away from the public.

This is a discussion on Assemblyman asked to keep the Dem proposals for the NY SAFE Act away from the public. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NYS Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin District 107: Here it is. This is the video where I was asked to keep the Democrat proposals for the NY ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mrreynolds
  • 2 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Assemblyman asked to keep the Dem proposals for the NY SAFE Act away from the public.

Assemblyman asked to keep the Dem proposals for the NY SAFE Act away from the public.

NYS Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin District 107:

Here it is. This is the video where I was asked to keep the Democrat proposals for the NY SAFE Act away from the public. This list was given to me by a colleague and it is not confidential.

This bill was an attack on the 2nd amendment and the Democrats clearly wanted to dismantle the work of the Founding Fathers. None of these amendments were included in the final bill thanks to us fighting back. I will not stand silent while these unpatriotic proposals are pathetically thrown at us a 11 o’clock at night:

01. Confiscation of "assault weapons"
    02. Confiscation o ten round clips
    03. Statewide database for ALL Guns
    04. Continue to allow pistol permit holder's information to be replaced to the public
    05. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as "assault weapons”
    06. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
    07. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
    08. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
    09. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
    10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
    11. State issued pistol permits
    12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
    13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
    14. Mandatory locking of guns at home
    15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons

VIDEO LINK

2. Remove Ads

I guess there are a few NY'ers that GET IT.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    The wolves are still hungry and their coming for you New Yorkers.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

The problem is they want a bunch of ridiculous proposals and then you settle on the lest of the worse and then feel like you won something when you just slid farther down the slope.
    In states like Tx that have a huge amount of gun owners not only will we say hell no,but some of us are willing to do everything we can to protect the constitution.The next few years will be interesting,someday the Senators and Congressmen that tried to dismantle the Constitution may well be getting tried for TREASON.
    nedrgr21 and msgt/ret like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'm glad somebody stood up for what's right and said what needed to be said...even if it made no difference at this point. Hopefully these NY Legislators that do NOT agree with what was shoved down everyone' throat there will get involved in mounting legal challenges.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member
    Outstanding! This guy has a serious clue!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    The problem is they want a bunch of ridiculous proposals and then you settle on the lest of the worse and then feel like you won something when you just slid farther down the slope.
    In states like Tx that have a huge amount of gun owners not only will we say hell no,but some of us are willing to do everything we can to protect the constitution.The next few years will be interesting,someday the Senators and Congressmen that tried to dismantle the Constitution may well be getting tried for TREASON.
    You poor N.Y. State Citizens. You all need more the a hug right now!

Yowzah!!! there dukalmighty !!!!

I'd hate to be living in Texas, a boarder State of Mexico, and have ah group ah N.Y. thinking knuckle headed elected officials passing those kind ah laws in your State of Texas

If any anti-gun person wonders why so many gun owners are opposed to any restrictions on the 2nd Amendment, this is the reason. Compromise a little, lose a lot.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Steve McLaughlin District 107
    Sounds like he needs some hard-working campaign volunteers and needs to help create a list of Anti-2A Legislators to work against asap.

Amazing... thanks for posting this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

No problem.

Thanks for posting this. At least we know there were some representatives who were standing by their convictions. State Senator Kathleen Marchione mentioned something about a petition tat, if it gets enough of a response, ma y help in repealing at least some provisions of this legislation. I encourage all NY residents to take action on this petition.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    Thanks for posting this. At least we know there were some representatives who were standing by their convictions. State Senator Kathleen Marchione mentioned something about a petition tat, if it gets enough of a response, ma y help in repealing at least some provisions of this legislation. I encourage all NY residents to take action on this petition.
    I've started posting interesting 2A videos on my site in my signature link under: 2 Amendment > 2 Amendment Videos

Links