Massachusetts Proposal (Off the Charts Nuts)

This is a discussion on Massachusetts Proposal (Off the Charts Nuts) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Waiting for my kid to finish high school then we are making the run for the border...to NH! In the meantime, I may need to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Massachusetts Proposal (Off the Charts Nuts)

Pro

Waiting for my kid to finish high school then we are making the run for the border...to NH! In the meantime, I may need to find a temp. home for all but my revolvers.
    Minimum government, maximum freedom.

NRA - Member
    GOAL - Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    If some of these states want to try to pass crap like this, then they can try. They can then see if it holds up in court. When it does not, they can either chose to comply, or they can start the next civil and revolutionary war. However, the line needs to be drawn and it needs to be made clear that this nonsense stops at their state borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    Waiting for my kid to finish high school then we are making the run for the border...to NH! In the meantime, I may need to find a temp. home for all but my revolvers.
    Ill take 'em. It is way better up here for a gun owner. I grew up in Everett, right outside the city. With the process in ma and the fact that my home town wont give permits, I never even considered owning guns until I moved here and went shooting for the first time.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    New England?...Vermont and New Hampshire are 2 of the most gun friendly states in country. Maine is up there
    too. I would say Rhode Island and Mass are the only tough states. And those states politics' are controlled by Boston and Providence, while the rest of those states are hunting country.
    THANK you. I hate being lumped in with MA. Live free or die

It has become a "my male genitals are bigger than your male genitals" fight with those states up there trying to see who can "One up" the next.

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    Thats why I moved to NH. Its been pretty bad there for a long time. But now it's like these states are competing for the blue ribbon in ridiculousness.
    The sun is still shining....the wind is still blowing....and I agree with you. WOW.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by BuckNekkid View Post

Requires all applicants for gun licenses and FID cards to sign a waiver of mental health records for review to be destroyed after decision.

What? Can someone explain this?

Quote Originally Posted by Domr View Post
    No words. Just disbelief. If the residents of MA allow this, my goodness we're all in for a hell of a ride. If this wildfire keeps up spreading through states where will guns be legal? Texas? Maybe Wyoming and Montana?
    Come to Missouri. Our law makers are putting forth bills saying to the Feds. "keep your hands off our 2nd Amendment Rights. Don't even think about it."
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Again, I have no problem with these laws...as long as they are applied equally to all residents of the state- politicians (and their armed guards), judges, law enforcement...
    And NO you CAN'T write it off as a "business expense" and have tax payers fund your checks, insurance, etc. for your personal guards. You (state employees) pay for your restrictions just like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    The sun is still shining....the wind is still blowing....and I agree with you. WOW.
    Haha had to happen eventually.

This whole proposal is scary, but the scariest part of this for me is the provision for storing your firearms away from your home in a centralized location. That is the beginning of the big gun grab there.

Antis keep denying that there is a slippery slope with gun control legislation, but this proposal is clear objective evidence that the slippery slope not only exists, but it's steeper than I thought!!!!
    Clodbert likes this.

VIP Member
    It's just more examples of the actual mindset of the liberal party. The community organizer tries to sound reasonable and portray the Pro-2A crowd as paranoid and out of touch. Then you see these actions and you see where their agenda actually is.

Anyone who chooses to believe that the libs are reasonable and their "gun control" agenda isn't actually an agenda bent on disarming the public is only fooling themselves as far as I'm concerned. These people would see every gun in our county confiscated and the entire Second Amendment nullified. Anything less is simply just a step towards their ultimate goal.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    These people would see every gun in our county confiscated and the entire Second Amendment nullified. Anything less is simply just a step towards their ultimate goal.
    Recent events have caused them to not even try to hide this fact. This IS what many of them are vocalizing. Want proof, take a look at any of the gun threads on dailykos.com.
    TX expat likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Recent events have caused them to not even try to hide this fact. This IS what many of them are vocalizing. Want proof, take a look at any of the gun threads on dailykos.com.
    That's exactly right, they see this as open season on our 2A right and while they have a "crisis" to rally around they don't mind showing their true colors.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

We could not stand Mass laws! First chance we got to cross state lines, we took it!

My family and I moved from MA to RI just a few months ago. First thing we did was buy two new AR's in Nov. Got em just in the nick of time too! RI was not too bad when we first came over, but it looks like things have changed for the worst.

Now we have our eyes on VT
    Student of the Gun; a beginner once, a student for life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links